Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Double boo and a yay

13»

Re: Double boo and a yay

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_double-boo-yay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:dd8feea9-e0ea-4aa1-95b6-44d040509975Post:377043ca-728e-40c0-83f3-b89a71e4f27b">Re: Double boo and a yay</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Double boo and a yay : She's wearing Lands End in her siggy pic!
    Posted by MattsPenguin[/QUOTE]

<3

I think liquid courage will also help me on the honeymoon. Just get loaded every morning and I will be all good.
  • Options
    I second that the swimsuit it gorgeous. I love the plum color it shows up with too. It appears like it would be very flattering!
  • Options
    Oh yeah bay I say its time you did some role reversal to get your H to see how jacked she is acting.
  • Options
    They also have some really cute swimsuits on modcloth.com, too, Rosie.  Salt got one from there last year and it was super cute.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Rosie, I'm wearing bikinis on our honeymoon, but I'm hoping to find a tankini to wear to Ft. Lauderdale for my bach party.  FSILs are so damn skinny; I don't think I can bring myself to wear a bikinin around them, but when I'm going to be surrounded by people I'll never see again, I'm okay with it.
  • Options

Boo- I just remember I have to go bathing suit shopping for my beach trip next week. Blah.. would it be inappropriate to wear my high waisted spanx to the beach?? :D

• Options
    I may or may not have a new swimdress from LL Bean.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I could totally rock some spanx on the beach.  I love spanx but FI always calls them granny panties :( He just doesn't understand...
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_double-boo-yay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dd8feea9-e0ea-4aa1-95b6-44d040509975Post:e4a7f996-5d31-4d80-9113-850965e95851">Re: Double boo and a yay</a>:
    [QUOTE]Boo- I just remember I have to go bathing suit shopping for my beach trip next week. Blah.. <strong>would it be inappropriate to wear my high waisted spanx to the beach??</strong> :D
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

HOT.

I hear you.  I have to buy a new bathing suit this summer.  I have to buy my suits a size up because of my long torso and big rack, which means that the bottoms never fit because they're too big.  Sexy.  I'm going to have to start buying the tops and bottoms separately.

• Options
    I have a good amount of bikinis I have stocked up on but never worn, so I am good there. I think it is just something I have to deal with when I get to the honeymoon. I do have a 20% off coupon to jcrew so that might also play into me buying that suit.

Thanks for being my support group <3
  • Options
    Boo:  I can't get this bronchitis cleared out and it's driving me nuts.

Boo:  I scratched the bumper and hitch on my new SUV yesterday. We'll get an estimate, but may or may not get it repainted. It isn't in the red, so it isn't very noticeable.

Yay:  I got to go to J& K's wedding, and rocked an awesome pair of shoes with killer heels that didn't hurt my feet!
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    Liv, I love that bathing suit! I've always wanted a one piece and I've never found one I thought looked good on me. I guess that's probably weird.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_double-boo-yay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:dd8feea9-e0ea-4aa1-95b6-44d040509975Post:19746339-4a78-4744-b0b1-250ec637c14e">Re: Double boo and a yay</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Double boo and a yay : HOT. I hear you.  I have to buy a new bathing suit this summer.  I have to buy my suits a size up because of my long torso and big rack, which means that the bottoms never fit because they're too big.  Sexy.  I'm going to have to start buying the tops and bottoms separately.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

Bay, do we have the same body?  Upper body: 14, lower body: 8.  My bottoms are always so big!

When I got measured for my wedding dress, I had to order it with an elongated bodice.  The lady told me that my upper body had the measurements of a 5'-10" model.  I am 5'-5".  Although I could hear them tell me that model thing a few more times . . ..
  • Options
    Matts - my H is tall 6'2" and it's all torso.  We were working out and doing bicep curls and I was setting my elbow on my hip bone to isolate my bicep muscle and I suggested he do this, but his elbow only comes to the middle of his torso!  It was such a weird revelation.

I can't wear a one piece because I need something to push up my boobs.  I might get a tankini for our FL trip later this month.  But what I really need is an old lady skirted bottom to cover my thighs.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    I love you MP.  There's no way my butt is an 8.  More like a 10 - 12.

• Options
    MattsPenguinMattsPenguin member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_double-boo-yay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:dd8feea9-e0ea-4aa1-95b6-44d040509975Post:ac4c2e43-9d70-4a2e-8e2b-530fcd0e237f">Re: Double boo and a yay</a>:
    [QUOTE]Matts - my H is tall 6'2" and it's all torso.  We were working out and doing bicep curls and I was setting my elbow on my hip bone to isolate my bicep muscle and I suggested he do this, but his elbow only comes to the middle of his torso!  It was such a weird revelation. I can't wear a one piece because I need something to push up my boobs.  I might get a tankini for our FL trip later this month.  But what I really need is an old lady skirted bottom to cover my thighs.
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

TR, my FI is 6'-3" and also ALL torso.  Our kids are SCREWED!

You do know that I am now sitting in my desk chair trying to figure out where my elbow hits my torso.  Definitely like 3 inches above my hips.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_double-boo-yay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:dd8feea9-e0ea-4aa1-95b6-44d040509975Post:f82f28cf-6356-42f7-9eed-7287e705927d">Re: Double boo and a yay</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love you MP.  There's no way my butt is an 8.  More like a 10 - 12.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

Well at least I feel your pain on the torso and different sizes thing.  It's like you can't buy pant suits or anything.  You always have to buy separates.
  • Options
    Bay I would be pissed if some chick was paying that much attention to my H too. I heartily agree with the role-reversal convo. Yikes.

Boo: I have a headache. Again.
    Boo: I'm always late to these threads because I'm on the West Coast.

Yay: We are finally really planning our big honeymoon we never took! YAY!

Of course that brings me to the same point many of you are at: wearing a bathing suit. I'm so not comfortable with myself right now but I've told myself that I won't know anyone and they will never see me again so I'm going to go for it.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Shan, there's actually a "high waisted tummy control swim bottom" thing from Lands End ;-)
  • Options
  • Options
    Boo: An army of pimples are invading my forehead with 12 days to go to the big day.

Boo: Another one of my best friends can't come to my wedding so now I am down to two bridesmaids.. Plus I now have to reprint all my programs and redo the seating chart.. AGAIN!

Yay: Almost time to leave work :o)
  • Options
    Emily, we finally settled on the Caribbean. We've been looking at The Bahamas, Turks & Caicos, St. Martin and Anguilla as all possible destinations but have contacted a travel agent for guidance. :) I can't freaking wait! We haven't been on a real vacation in 5 years. :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Bubba, that's awesome, I hope you get some good info from the TA.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_double-boo-yay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dd8feea9-e0ea-4aa1-95b6-44d040509975Post:a53888f9-0f17-478c-95b3-2d930ba555b6">Double boo and a yay</a>:
    [QUOTE]Boo 1:  <strong>My sister is pregnant again.</strong> Boo 2: My aunt has been cheating on my uncle and filed for divorce on Friday. Yay: I just bought a super cute dress! Your turn.
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

OMG, why? Just why? Who told her bringing another child into this world is a good idea?

And now for mine:
    Boo: I have a sinus infection and feel like poo and have to take nasty Amoxacillian for the next week
    Boo: I CANNOT find a cute swimsuit for our honeymoon
    Yay: I have delicious ice cream
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_double-boo-yay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dd8feea9-e0ea-4aa1-95b6-44d040509975Post:e4a7f996-5d31-4d80-9113-850965e95851">Re: Double boo and a yay</a>:
    [QUOTE]Boo- I just remember I have to go bathing suit shopping for my beach trip next week. Blah.. would it be inappropriate to wear my high waisted spanx to the beach?? :D
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

Check out the Spanx website, they actually sell bathing suits now! I'm considering it, haha.

Boo: I had to work tonight while my whole family had dinner together with my uncle who I haven't seen in years. And we were so dead at work, no customers. It sucked.
    Boo: Apparantely our check and contract for the photographer got lost in the mail. Now I have to put a stop on the check and send out a new one.

Yay: I think I'm about to get promoted at work to a position where I will finally have more hours, as well as benefits and tuition reimbursement!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards