April 2013 Weddings
Options

Music during dinner?

So, I'm not having a dance reception- just dinner and cake at a restaurant. They said we can have their piped in music in our private room. I have no idea what that music would be. Should I make a cd that is about 3 hours long instead to have as background? Would you think that is necessary, as a guest, would you notice? Or should I just forget it and use the piped in music?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Music during dinner?

• Options
    Eh, I am lazy.  I would do the piped in music.  Especially since people will be eating and mingling..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
    RSVP Deadline: February 28th
  • Options
    We're doing the same thing and having a playlist, FI is handling it so classic rock I guess. 
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Yeah I have a ton of songs ranging from oldies to lighter songs from now, all would be appropriate. I'm just not sure if we should bother or not. Ack!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What kind of music are they piping? I would probably just have my ipod hooked up with a few albums that I like on shuffle so that it wouldn't turn into anything I didn't like or against the vibe I was going for. An itunes playlist like that shouldn't take *too* much effort.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Not sure on what kind of music, I think it's low key top 40/adult contemporary, but I'm waiting to hear back. I don't have an ipod, I have a weird mp3 player thing. I have lots of the songs downloaded so I could do cds, but they'd have to be changed probably because none would be long enough. Ugh. Maybe I should just hire the acoustic guitarist to play through the whole dinner!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards