Wedding Woes

FI's car went to junkyard heaven

So bummed! A new car is totally not in the budget but I don't want to postpone the wedding at all. We already booked the ceremony and reception sites and photographer.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FI's car went to junkyard heaven

• Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you get your deposits back?

Can you be a one-car family? Can you cut back on the wedding?

Be honest... are you going to be able to survive as a one car family? In my house that just wouldn't work. Do you not have any savings?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011

No way can we survive as a one car family. Driving is part of my job and we have different schedules- I'm 9-5 and he's 3-midnight. Plus, my car has 150000 miles and I need it to last a couple more years. We have no savings and our wedding was already going to be just the basics because we will only be able to pay what we can save between now and then. Neither of our parents is contributing.

I guess it will have to be the really really basics. What could BM carry instead of flowers? I don't want to pay $100 a bouquet or anything like that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, you could push back the wedding. Short of that, a BM could carry a single flower. or a candle. You're getting married near Halloween/in the fall. The BMs could carry small pumpkins. You can get very creative. And really, they don't have to carry anything at all.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards