Military Brides

Whatever Wednesday!

2»

Re: Whatever Wednesday!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whatever-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:f6442198-6f6f-42ab-83e6-2717139d0d01Post:58a6220a-9250-4c6b-a398-2fbec88615e3">Re: Whatever Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whatever Wednesday! : No it's definitely throughout the whole Navy. They have PRT twice a year where they have to weigh in and do the running, push ups and sit ups. If you don't make your weight though you can do measurements, and as long as you fall in a certain range you pass the PRT. So your FI is probably fine by measurements.
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

Ah gotcha. My FI must barely make measurements then, cuz he's always been chubby! He's very in-shape strength and endurance-wise though.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whatever-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:f6442198-6f6f-42ab-83e6-2717139d0d01Post:6d50002b-ba82-4432-bab7-f99ad013d2c3">Re: Whatever Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whatever Wednesday! : It's not the worst thing though, they will just have him come back in a few months. I definitely understand it being frustrating though. When H was recruiting he had a lot of people who would have to come back in a few weeks after dropping a few pounds.

Thanks, I hope my H realizes this. I think he's off of the whole reserves thing now, and would rather wait for the Army scholarship. I'm really starting to feel like I don't belong here, I'm a big ol fraud :(
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whatever-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:f6442198-6f6f-42ab-83e6-2717139d0d01Post:04ff6c94-61e7-4d19-9565-5de48b103bd7">Re: Whatever Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whatever Wednesday! : Thanks, I hope my H realizes this. I think he's off of the whole reserves thing now, and would rather wait for the Army scholarship.<strong> I'm really starting to feel like I don't belong here, I'm a big ol fraud :(
    </strong>Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]

CAB, don't you dare say/think that! It gets frustrating, just be patient and hang in there. Whats meant to happen will happen. All you can do is be your loving supportive self. We love you!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whatever-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:f6442198-6f6f-42ab-83e6-2717139d0d01Post:04ff6c94-61e7-4d19-9565-5de48b103bd7">Re: Whatever Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whatever Wednesday! : Thanks, I hope my H realizes this. I think he's off of the whole reserves thing now, and would rather wait for the Army scholarship. I'm really starting to feel like I don't belong here, I'm a big ol fraud :(
    Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]

You don't say that! We love you!
  • CAB - I am sorry you feel that way. FI has a similar problems when he was joining. His was more medical related. He played football in highschool and had several injuries on his record...he had to jump through hoops to get cleared on all his injuries which were not causing him any problems now. Additionally he was prior service, Marine OCS, (decided that the Marine's just were not for him...) so he had to jump through more hoops for that.

I'm pretty sure everyone has played the waiting game...don't give up!
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whatever-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:f6442198-6f6f-42ab-83e6-2717139d0d01Post:4e15a358-ce90-49fc-a26b-4e928db93725">Re: Whatever Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whatever Wednesday! : Ah gotcha. My FI must barely make measurements then, cuz he's always been chubby! He's very in-shape strength and endurance-wise though.
    Posted by BinxRose[/QUOTE]

<div>Is he on shore duty now?  They are usually more lenient about it on shore duty than sea.  But depending on the rate he's in and if it is one that is overmanned, they are kicking people out for failing the PRT now.  If he hasn't had issues before though and passses by measurements then he should be fine.  I know my H always fluctuates but easily drops like 10 pounds before the PRT.  </div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm late in the game..... but I'm here.

My New Years Resolution is to take better care of my teeth (I'm bad about going to the dentist and flossing is a PITA with my perm. retainers but I do brush 3xs day), curse less and the typical loose weight, hit the gym more etc.
  • CAB- DON'T YOU DARE FEEL THAT WAY!!! WE LOVE YOU REGARDLESS OF YOUR H GOING INTO THE ARMY!!!
    Photobucket
  • Hi girls!! I'm sorry some of you are haing shiity days. cAB I'm still crossing fingers for your H. Id hate to see someone not get their dream job, you know? Plans changed for me this week. I had a mini melt down about going back to VA tomorrow. We will PCS in a few weeks so I don't know when I'll be back again. So this morning I couldn't stop crying. H was great, as usual. He told me to stay up here and screw new years (we spent a ton of money on a lame hotel party in DC. H's friends wanted one last hurrah). So anyway, my brother is still here and is heading to richmond to visit his girlfriend on the 5th so I'm staying here and he will drop me off on the way down. I'm glad to have another week to spend with them. I was really sad this morning. I'm also really stressed about not having a job right now. We have money in savings for the time until I get a job and we are watching what we spend it I'm so nervous. Ugh.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • CAB- shut it and stay!  Or I'll find you and make you come back.

Hike I'm sorry you're having such a hard time right now.  I'm kinda right there with you on everything.  I am leaving my hometown on Friday morning, and it's bittersweet.  With my Papa being sick I really don't want to leave, but at the same time I'm anxious to get back and get my move started so that I can get to VA and be closer already.  

Not having a job lined up is also tough for me right now.  I only have like a week of work left once I get back, then I'm unemployed again.  Luckily between the extra travel pay and possibly not having a mortgage or rent payment in the month of February it will help balance out me not working, but it's still tough.  I hate feeling like i don't contribute anything, and even what I am contributing now is so little.  

It can be very overwhelming with a PCS and changing a job.  Just focus on one thing at a time and try not to worry about it too much.  My original focus was on the house, then it was on spending time with H before he left, and getting home to my family for the holidays.  Now I'm focused on the move and closing on the house, and the last thing for me to focus on is getting a job.  I know it should probably be a higher priority, but it's what works for us right now.  So just try not to stress too much when looking at the big picture, and just focus on the smaller things one thing at a time.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Beachy.. You're so wise.. I Love You.
    Photobucket
  • Thanks beach. I
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Hike! I sent you a FB message!!
    Photobucket
  • Hiiiiii ladies!!  I feel like it's been forever.

I took a little TK hiatus.  Mainly because I needed to focus on a few things other than wedding and I will admit, I got to reading a good book and couldn't put it down long enough to get on the internets.  But I missed you ladies and hope to get back into the loop!

I've enjoyed spending some time with my family this week and now I'm slowly creeping back into reality.  My brother, sister in law, and nephew have been home all week so I've been playing with my nephew all week.

CAB-  I creeped on your wedding pics.  I know I'm late, but I LOVE them!!  Congrats again!  You looked beautiful :)

New Years Resolutions include- keeping up with training for my half marathon, stop procrastinating, and stand up for things that I want.
    Photobucket
  • Oh Cab, I'd be so sad if you didn't post here. So you gotta stay, regardless of what happens. ;)

So today I bought my wedding insurance. It was $25 less than what I was expecting to pay so that's a plus. :) I also sent my order/specifics to the lady who is making our invitations! Yay! All I gotta do is pay for them now.

On Friday we are going to get our butts in gear and crank out our addressing of the STD's. We should have sent them out this week. :/

I'm just super excited to get my first New Year's Kiss this year! And looking forward to getting married in the new year!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm back from the outer space of MS. Had a pretty good Christmas, and looks like we're going to set a date for some time in October. I have to both pack (moving in 10) and then move and plan, but I'm feeling really optimistic, which is unusual.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whatever-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:f6442198-6f6f-42ab-83e6-2717139d0d01Post:3925474d-ab2c-4255-8e0a-c1f3be61d906">Re: Whatever Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whatever Wednesday! : Is he on shore duty now?  They are usually more lenient about it on shore duty than sea.  But depending on the rate he's in and if it is one that is overmanned, they are kicking people out for failing the PRT now.  If he hasn't had issues before though and passses by measurements then he should be fine.  I know my H always fluctuates but easily drops like 10 pounds before the PRT.  

Yes shore duty right now. He will lost weight while at sea again because he won't have beer, and he hates most food on the ship!
  • Ohhh I'm not going anywhereeee.... I can't quit youuuu! LOL! Thanks Spiff! Anyone on right now? I am downloading the rest of the wedding pictures, all 986 of them :/ THAT'S gonna be fun to sort through! I realllly don't want to bombard everyone with like 500 pictures, but I think I just might! HAH!

Oh, and my New Years Resolution is to NOT have a New Years Resolution, so that I don't break my New Years Resolution this year. I may already be a winner!
  • Bahaha... Cab.. you're always a winner in my book!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards