June 2013 Weddings
Options

Tuxedo Opinion

Ok, so I am looking for a bit of advice when it comes to the tuxedos. FI and I's colors are tangerine and some shade of blue, so FI and I have picked out the tuxedos for the GM, they are having Gray tuxedos with a tangerine vest and tie, we were thinking about what the fathers would wear and were wondering if it would like ridiculous if we had the dads in a black tuxedo with a blue vest and tie. We thought of this so we could incorporate both our colors in the WP apparell. What does everyone think?
LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Tuxedo Opinion

• Options
    I love the idea! I'm incorpating both me and my FI's colors in our wedding. The ceremony colors are plum, black, and silver. The reception is black, red, and silver. Go for it girl!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think typically dads are supposed to wear at least the same color of tuxes as the guys. I would do the gray tux and blue shirt underneath for the dads, I think it would look good. If you want to do black though, go for it! I would only be concerned how it would look in pictures.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_tuxedo-opinion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:8135449c-a88f-4931-a785-248a597ca8c9Post:e830a8b1-4b56-4f8a-b85f-f56e6222190c">Re: Tuxedo Opinion</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think typically dads are supposed to wear at least the same color of tuxes as the guys. I would do the gray tux and blue shirt underneath for the dads, I think it would look good. If you want to do black though, go for it! I would only be concerned how it would look in pictures.
    Posted by sparkles776[/QUOTE]

Are the B&G's parents supposed to match the WP's attire? I thought that they are not part of the WP and can wear whatever they want. I know they usually coordinate for the sake of photos if nothing else, but I didn't think it was required. Thoughts?

I agree with sparkles - I think a gray tux and blue vest for the dads would look better than black. Just personal opinion though! I love the gray and tangerine combo. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with blue vests and gray tuxes
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for the input I will definately have to look at the grey tux with the blue shirt underneath. I think I agree that it would probably look better for photo sake if everyone had the same color tux on.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards