Offbeat Weddings
Options

Weekday Private Wedding/Weekend Reception

So I have come up with an idea for the wedding. Wed, August 14, 2013 for private ceremony (just me, FI, FI 10 y/o son, my mom, Best Man, MOH, and the officant), get a photographer and the a party on Sat, August 17 for family and friends. Maybe get married at a park or the beach. And then show the wedding pictures at the reception.

The 14th of August is my deceased dad's bday. Since my dad passed away and this is my 3rd marriage and 2nd for FI, we have already done the big wedding thing.

Re: Weekday Private Wedding/Weekend Reception

• Options
    I think that sounds like a great plan. Some friends of mine got married on an island with just them and their parents and had a party with all their friends when they came home. We had a blast. Just make it clear on the invitation that they're attending a celebration and not a wedding.
  • Options
    That's totally a regular thing over on the Destination Weddings board. A lot of those ladies go off with just their parents/immediate family and then have a reception at home afterwards. As balletdawn said, just be clear that its not the actual the wedding and you'll be fine :)
  • Options
    Thanks balletdawn and BMcLeodteam, totally appreciate the info and advice. I didn't think of looking at destination wedding since the beach is less than 2 hours away. Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards