June 2012 Weddings

Re: EXPIRED

• Options
    Looks to me like you went to the wrong place for alterations. Sorry.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • Options
    peachykeen26peachykeen26 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Okay, well the first thing that I noticed is that in the before photos, the dress was tied way too tight on top.
    I can understand the frustration about the bustle, take it back and explain and get your money back.

The only thing I notice about the dress is that the back is not centered on your body which is what is causing the uneven tying. So, you need to make sure it is centered and even.

It was also probably taken in too much.

First Look
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I would for sure have them fix the bustle.... I dont see how they could let you leave their with the bustle looking like that. I think the corset is fine.... Everyone wears their corsets different.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Did you not try it on there when you picked it up?
    I tried mine on to make sure the bustle and everything was how I wanted it.
  • Options
    I agree with Kris; you may have taken it to the wrong person for alterations.  Yeah, it sucks, but look at the bright side:  Your dress fits.  It fits in time.  It's not too big, it's not too small.  Maybe the corset isn't exactly the width you wanted, and the bustle isn't the perfect layers you wanted, but ultimately I think it looks lovely as it is and you will be fine. 
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Options
    The bustle does look all kinds of eff'd up.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I know when my dress fits differently depending on how tight the corrset is. I agree with PP it fits and you have it in your possession. Not much you can do about it now.

Did they show you how to busstle the dress before you left?
  • Options
    My corset looked normal last year, but my boobs grew and now it's wider. Oh well. Not the end of the world. Make sure they tie it correctly I would ask about the bustle.
  • Options
    I agree with pp. Take it back to have the bustle fixed, but I doubt there is much they can do about the corset at this point.
    AnniversaryBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah.
    Seriously, I would be pissed because they pretty much ruined your dress.

First Look
  • Options
    Who tied the bustle for you? If it wasn't in the store is it possible it was done incorrectly? Those can be kind of tricky. Definitely figure that out.

As far as the corset goes, it is wider and if you paid for them to take it in, i'm not sure why you are surprised when they took it in, but maybe I'm reading something wrong. I don't think the corset looks too wide and would focus your issues mainly on the bustle.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_seriously-freaking-out-over-alterations-not-happy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5048a026-7282-41ef-a776-2e75704f3584Post:934cf9e2-b558-4334-8678-4839ba118aea">Re: Seriously freaking out over alterations - not happy :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah. Seriously, I would be pissed because they pretty much ruined your dress.
    Posted by peachykeen26[/QUOTE]

I would sue!
  • Options
    daria24daria24 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    I don't think the corset thing is an issue, you can adjust it as you tie it.

The bustle however is all kinds of heinous. I would a) demand they fix it. b) if they can't fix it in time, I would want 50% of my money back. When I got my quote for my alterations, the bustle was half the cost, so I think 50% is totally reasonable.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_seriously-freaking-out-over-alterations-not-happy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5048a026-7282-41ef-a776-2e75704f3584Post:9892e2b6-4209-448f-bb90-1affbb7bb576">Re: Seriously freaking out over alterations - not happy :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seriously freaking out over alterations - not happy :( : I would sue!
    Posted by kristin183[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>She consented to the changes. She can't sue.

</div>

First Look
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_seriously-freaking-out-over-alterations-not-happy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5048a026-7282-41ef-a776-2e75704f3584Post:944568e5-4f18-4c0c-955f-2f657afb06a8">Re: Seriously freaking out over alterations - not happy :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seriously freaking out over alterations - not happy :( : She consented to the changes. She can't sue.
    Posted by peachykeen26[/QUOTE]

But if it was not what she wanted.......They didn't provide the service she paid for and agreed too.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_seriously-freaking-out-over-alterations-not-happy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5048a026-7282-41ef-a776-2e75704f3584Post:9eb58fee-b4b2-47aa-93bf-5a5886bddfed">Re: Seriously freaking out over alterations - not happy :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seriously freaking out over alterations - not happy :( : But if it was not what she wanted.......They didn't provide the service she paid for and agreed too.
    Posted by kristin183[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Well, that is a true point. Maybe you should sue!</div>

First Look
  • Options
    Two words JUDGE JUDY!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_seriously-freaking-out-over-alterations-not-happy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5048a026-7282-41ef-a776-2e75704f3584Post:e9f8a625-362f-4ef7-828f-d21c498e6d93">Re: Seriously freaking out over alterations - not happy :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]Two words JUDGE JUDY!
    Posted by kristin183[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Agreed.

</div>

First Look
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_seriously-freaking-out-over-alterations-not-happy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5048a026-7282-41ef-a776-2e75704f3584Post:e9f8a625-362f-4ef7-828f-d21c498e6d93">Re: Seriously freaking out over alterations - not happy :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]Two words JUDGE JUDY!
    Posted by kristin183[/QUOTE]

This.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Options
    I agree.... Judge Judy is for sure the next step.
  • Options
    Judge Judy is super fair. Jaschelle maybe you could call them?
  • Options
    I would really just make sure the bustle was tied correctly. I think that would make a huge difference. Is it the kind with ribbon/ties? If so, I bet there are a lot of them since you're dress is pretty big, which would make it easy to mess up.

I agree with PP about the corset, I think it'll be fine as long as you make it centered. If people are seriously judging you at your own wedding for the amount of room the corset/tie part takes up, they need to get a life.
  • Options
    Andplusalso, I meant to add that since the seamstress won't be in until tomorrow, could you mess with it tonight to see if you can make the bustle look better?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_seriously-freaking-out-over-alterations-not-happy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5048a026-7282-41ef-a776-2e75704f3584Post:a9505c5e-5a53-4724-94a3-05dbdff04048">Re: Seriously freaking out over alterations - not happy :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]With regard to the corset- they said that they were NOT going to take in the area from under the breast and up. I was told that the only reason they were going to take in the waist area was because they couldn't tie it any tighter and it was still loose. Therefore the final look should have been a close tie after the waste was taken in. What was done as shown in the pictures, does not represent what we discussed in my opinion. The bustle well, as everyone agrees, it's a mess. I did try this on in the store and it was the seamstress that did the bustle up. She showed it to my MOH. I really could not see the back of my dress so I was being way too trusting that they did it correctly I guess. Now that I put the photos on the computer and can see them better, I freaked out. I could not really tell in the photos on my phone in the store yesterday.
    Posted by jaschelle[/QUOTE]

What was your MOH doing during this? Why wasnt she saying its a big mess? I'd be pissed.
  • Options
    I agree with Chelsea. Why did your MOH not say something?
  • Options
    I'd be SO mad at my MOH for not saying anything! Unless you have eyes in the back of your head, its hard to tell!
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I would be pissed.. I brought 2 of my BM's with me just in case.
    They found something wrong with the dress before I did... they analyzed everything.
    Does she know anyone who has ever gotten married? or has she watched movies or TV in her life? Bridal Showers, B-Parties, and registering are pretty normal.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_seriously-freaking-out-over-alterations-not-happy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5048a026-7282-41ef-a776-2e75704f3584Post:bcdea766-4cce-408c-a023-30b023fefa57">Re: Seriously freaking out over alterations - not happy :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]How old is your MOH?
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

This. Pretty much everything you listed is common. Is this the first wedding she's been to?
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Seriously freaking out over alterations not happy ::[QUOTE]How old is your MOH? Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

This is what I want to know as well
    AnniversaryBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards