Catholic Weddings

covered shoulders

2»

Re: covered shoulders

• Enchanted616Enchanted616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Gosh!  I just found this board, and I am so dissapointed and shocked!  I've been Catholic my entire life, went to Catholic school K-12 and am currently attending a Catholic University.  All this arguement and snide comments about something as insignificant as wearing jeans to mass -- crazy!  And the more posts I read, I keep finding so many of these comments are snippy and judgemental.  Those are surely not Catholic virtues!  I often dress casually for mass.  As long as you are not dressing in a provocative manner, do you really think Jesus is there judging your outfit?  I'm pretty sure all He sees is the contents of your heart. 

Many times I think this is why people think of the Catholic church as being "weird," as another poster said.  I have been fortunate enough to have great parents that made sure I was educated to understand the meaning and teachings behind the many "rules" the church has.  I can fully understand those who are new to the Church orhave had such instruction can think of some rules and traditions as being weird.

I would just like to humbly encourage everyone to answer questions with kindness and love, instead of trying to be rude or clever to get your point across.  Remember that we all grew up in different places with different experiences.  Forgive me for the cliche, but I imagine that is what Jesus would do.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
    Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
    SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
    11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
    Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
    IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Back to the original topic: talk with your priest.  The church secretary thought no strapless, but my priest told me to wear whatever I wanted, that he trusted that I would be appropriate.

I have no problem with people wearing jeans to church, provided they are reasonably intact and well-fitting.  T-shirts are okay too, as long as there's nothing too racy on them.  Yes, I think Jesus loves us all regardless of attire, but we should respect those attending church alongside us and not wear short-shorts and exposed midriffs or shirts promoting irresponsible behavior.  I try to dress better than I normally do on non-work days, but that's just a personal preference.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards