Snarky Brides
Options

tell me some funny names you've heard.

i called a patient in from the waiting room today with the surname 'alcelika'.  It sounded like i was calling her mrs arselicker
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Honeymoon Sunset

Anniversary

Re: tell me some funny names you've heard.

• Options
    The lady who does my mom's dry cleaning back home has a very bizarre first and middle name - Hyacinth Aloma.
    panther
  • Options
    Someone that works in my building has the last name Assman, but he pronouces it as Ossman.  Don't church it up none, it's Assman!
  • Options
    There's a girl in my son's class named Bee Bop.
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Bee Bop.  That's awesome.

A friend once sent me this:

We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    HaylaCHaylaC member

thats fake, right.

Anniversary

• Options
    My university generated the email addresses from parts of your name. For example, Samantha Jones might be Samajon@university.edu I had a class with a girl whose automated email address was dmbass@university.edu
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    I believe that it is legit.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    K ByteK Byte member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I work with a woman named Baby.
  • Options

A guy that I work with has the last name Fukumoto.  I would love to have Fuku somewhere in my name

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Lasagna Jones...yes like the food
  • Options
    There's a man who works at a hospital that my company does work who's name is Terri Aki. It makes me hungry.
  • Options
    HaylaCHaylaC member
    i love these.  parents are stupid.

Anniversary

• Options
    I knew a guy in high school named Mike Hunt
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-funny-names-youve-heard?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2600f158-07de-4611-977e-0208997784afPost:f5e3639a-27b7-4333-af80-a91ea6eb886d">Re: tell me some funny names you've heard.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lasagna Jones...yes like the food
    Posted by SheDiva4[/QUOTE]

This one is my favorite.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-funny-names-youve-heard?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2600f158-07de-4611-977e-0208997784afPost:bd2e0a69-a7dd-4c1d-b011-1bd6ad022f4f">Re: tell me some funny names you've heard.</a>:
    [QUOTE]There's a man who works at a hospital that my company does work who's name is Terri Aki. It makes me hungry.
    Posted by tba0313[/QUOTE]

Niiiice.

The worst I've heard was Donald Donaldson or John Johnson. 

I mean - why?  Why do that?  There's so many other names.
  • Options
    My friend's last name was Suits.  Her brother wanted to name the baby Polly Esther.  Yes,  like polyester suits.  Fortunately they had a boy.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Heh, these are awesome! My dad tells a story about a woman he met named Mildred Muckerheidi. It's not as funny as some, but it's still a mouthful.

Oh, and a girl I knew at church was named Hannah Singhose. Say it fast a couple times. :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-funny-names-youve-heard?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2600f158-07de-4611-977e-0208997784afPost:4cf1ced9-a060-4a2e-a2b5-b266a62b1a19">Re: tell me some funny names you've heard.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: tell me some funny names you've heard. : This one is my favorite. Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Gotta love people in Chicago....
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    D*ick Wunderlick. Funny how that word isn't accepted and bitch is. 

He lived down the street from my dad. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    My coworker's husband's brother's names are John Wayne and Elvis. Those are their first names.
  • Options
    I use to work in health care and I would speak to parents calling in to register their kids...here's what they thought were good ideas:

Dolphin (just name them Flipper and be done with it)

Du'Jour (like soup du jour...and not that this is ever an acceptable name, but it was a Boy! He's definitely getting beat up on the playgroung...)

Princess Miriam (my favorite!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-funny-names-youve-heard?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2600f158-07de-4611-977e-0208997784afPost:b25cd378-2ac5-4918-a794-928e313d7ced">Re: tell me some funny names you've heard.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I knew a guy in high school named Mike Hunt
    Posted by kittykaz[/QUOTE]

<div>AHHH!!! hahahah! </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

One of my ex boyfriends had an aunt named Cherry Pie.

• Options
    I had a Mike Hunt that went to HS with me too, I forgot about him.

Also, my roommate in college dated a guy named Woody DeLong.  When he would call the house, the caller id would come up DeLong Woody.  Still kinda makes me giggle.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I know a guy named Marc Arone.

Also my sister had a friend whose name was Richard Dix. D*ck Dix!
  • Options
    I used to work with someone named Kimothy.  You couldn't just name him Timothy?
  • Options
    HaylaCHaylaC member
    marc arone and lasagna should have babies together

Anniversary

• Options
    There is a urologist in this area named D*ck Trickle.

My mom works in a hospital and someone named their baby girl Vagina (pronounced Vah-Gee-nah).

My mom also said she had a patient named Le-a.  Which get this? Pronounced La-Dash-a.  Yes, she used punctuation for a syllable.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Oh also there is an attorney on Cape Cod named Frederick C. Mycock.
  • Options
    At my dad's old lab there was a patient with the best name: first name Lovely, last name Butts. Lovely Butts.

Not sure if it was her real name or if she changed it though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards