Registry and Gift Forum
Options

I'm stalking... and maybe being greedy...

When did you start recieving gifts? We're two months away and no gifts have arrived- and because I've been stalking my registry (I know, I'm bad) none have been purchased either. Hummm....

Re: I'm stalking... and maybe being greedy...

• Options
    I'm confused.  You JUST responded to a thread asnwering this exact same question.  Why would you start another one?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Two months away is still quite awhile. Be patient! I have been to many weddings in the past where i bought the gift only several weeks before the wedding! Don't worry, the gifts will start rolling in!! :) 

image 183 Invited image 101 Are ready to party!! image 82 Are missing out image 0 Are Driving me Crazy!! The new Mrs. McIver!! :)
  • Options
    I was also a bit concerned when a week out from my shower only a few gifts had been bought.  In my case, I had a lot of people go to Target or Wal Mart to purchase a lot of our registry, be prepaired for that to happen.  But with 2 months to go yet, be patient.  In my own expereince, I usually wait until the week before a shower or event to buy a gift anyways. 
  • Options
    I usually buy a gift only a week or two before any event. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Usually I buy gifts a few weeks before, so that's probably the case here as well
  • Options
    We've got a little under 4 months to go, but a week and a half to the shower.  There were two gifts purchased right away as soon as we put up the registry (guessing FMIL) and then a few here and there since but not many- definitely not as many as would attend a shower. 

I always purchase either the weekend or week before a shower so I wouldn't be too worried.
  • Options
    I've been feeling the same way!  Glad I'm not the only one, and thanks for the words of wisdom ladies!

XO
    "Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps it's brain." ~ J.K. Rowling
  • Options
    we are just now starting to get stuff pouring in!!!! hang tight!
  • Options
    We've had two things purchased, but they were engagement presents, not wedding gifts and we've already received them. If you haven't had a shower yet and you're that far out from the wedding I wouldn't expect anyone to have bought anything yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards