Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Hello? Is there anybody out there?

Re: Hello? Is there anybody out there?

• Options
    Holly, Mine is super straight and fine, so it's pretty easy.  It's also almost to my waist at the moment, so that makes it easier too.  I don't have to cut it too often- I usually wear it up, condition every day and don't blow dry or even brush it much, so it takes a looooooong time before I start gettting split ends.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-is-there-anybody-out-there?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1347a6f5-d4ad-4146-9b89-91f1cf3c4252Post:a614a9fb-678b-4364-87ff-acc85c9454cc">Re: Hello? Is there anybody out there?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will just post where there is conversation. My hairdresser is probably considered "expensive" but it is what I've always paid for haircuts so I don't mind. I'm looking on yelp right now for recs in this area. Holly, I don't mind the length at all, but its the fact that is nasty and frayed to<strong> shitfuckinghellknotyoufuckingsuck, </strong>so I need it trimmed to healthy length at least.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>MuSu - love you dearly... but just misspell the word and don't editorialize it every time you want to swear.</div>
  • Options
    What is the average range for a haircut?  I have no idea.  I was a little taken aback at the price of the salon I looked at, but I don't know if that is normal (about $45 for a wash and cut).
  • Options
    Loopy, I love your modding style.
  • Options
    45 sounds pretty good to me if the stylist is good.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-is-there-anybody-out-there?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1347a6f5-d4ad-4146-9b89-91f1cf3c4252Post:9242c90f-2526-4f05-a3fd-4d25ae1646d0">Re: Hello? Is there anybody out there?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Loopy, I love your modding style.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha.. Thanks. :)</div>
  • Options
    lol loops i tried misspelling and it kept telling me to remove my offensive word so I didn't want to sit and try EVERY misspelling of shitballs that I could think of, lol.

For me, my hairdresser is $50 so with tip its usually a little over $60. I'm so used to that so I don't mind paying it.
  • Options
    J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Do you guys complain or ask for a fix if you get a bad haircut?  Every time I've gotten a cut I hate, the person has always seemed so excited about it, and my normal directness loses its balls.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I have a ton of hair too, but it's fine so it doesn't SEEM like a ton.  
  • Options
    I haven't had a bad cut in a really long time so I guess I've never had to deal with that, J. That is why I'm so hesitant to switch because my current hairdresser knows exactly what I want and I know she can do it.
  • Options
    J, it depends.  Most bad haircuts I've gotten the person seemed SO incompetent that I doubted that they COULD fix it.  I'd just get my mom to fix it when I still lived in FL (she went to cosmetology school).  I did get a terrible cut from someone who shoould have known better (she decided my hair was too thick and it should be thinned out at the ends? WTF?) but in order to fix it, she would have had to chop about 8 more inches off, so I just decided to leave it alone to grow out.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-is-there-anybody-out-there?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1347a6f5-d4ad-4146-9b89-91f1cf3c4252Post:ce0c9e27-bfde-4011-bf89-045951086f27">Re: Hello? Is there anybody out there?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a ton of hair too, but it's fine so it doesn't SEEM like a ton.  
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

That is how my hair is too! Every time I would go to a diff person when I used to color my hair, they'd be like what the heck you're hair is an illusion, it just keeps multiplying!
  • Options
    I was paying $135 for full color plus cut/style in Cleveland.  Tip on top of that.
  • Options
    Daff, in case you're still here -- I watched a few FNL episodes last night and they involved Riggins with Skeeter and JFC i love when he talks to dogs.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-is-there-anybody-out-there?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1347a6f5-d4ad-4146-9b89-91f1cf3c4252Post:29f665a2-a8a6-48ca-a902-5e4778da6256">Re: Hello? Is there anybody out there?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hello? Is there anybody out there? : That is how my hair is too! Every time I would go to a diff person when I used to color my hair, they'd be like what the heck you're hair is an illusion, it just keeps multiplying!
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>HAH.  When I had my hair done for the wedding, I wanted all of these braids AND volume on top AND some more braids and the stylist didn't think I had enough hair.  As soon as she started working, she ate her words.</div>
  • Options
    eeeek, Loops you make me happy that I don't color my hair anymore. I definitely don't miss the over $100 price for cut and color. I mean, my haircolor sucks but oh well.
  • Options
    The last time I really didn't like it, I didn't like it to the point that I didn't trust them to fix it so I ended up going to someone else to fix it (it was the color, not the cut though).
  • Options
    Maybe I'm a hair snob but most of the time I pay the amount that I do, in trusting that they will not fuckup because if they do, they sure as hell should not be charging the price that they do. I haven't been let down yet. Another reason why I refuse to step foot in Great Clips or Fantastic Sams.
  • Options
    Dude, another reason I don't want to leave my stylist?  $60 gets me a wash, cut, up to 5 color foils, eyebrow wax, and style.

• Options
    I used to go to the same lady from the time I was a kid until my mid 20s.  One time I asked for her to put layers in my hair, long bangs, and a rounded shape to the back on the bottom.  I had photos & drawings of what I meant. 
    She cut the back bottom in a crooked V, and did one layer the same length as the bangs all around my head.  I looked like I had a bowl cut on top of a 70s shag.  It was horrible.  I went to someone else who tried to fix it by adding more layers...but basically I had horrible hair until it grew out.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Welcome back from vacations ladies. I pay usually 90-115 for my hair. That is for 2 different color highlights, shampoo, cut, blow dry and style. I love my hair dresser. She helped me after a horrible cut.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I wish I had gorgeous chestnut brown hair so that I wouldn't want to start coloring my hair again. I won't, because I'm poor and trying to accept my natural color. But I loved getting my hair colored. I haven't had it colored in almost 4 years now.
  • Options
    I'm trying to decide if I want to go dark again soon.  I like it dark, but I get lazy and don't keep it up the way I should, and then I'm going back and forth between blonde and brown and it's dumb.

• Options
    What is your natural color, J?

I have the most boring natural color ever. Light brown with a hint of dishwater blonde. Disgusting.
  • Options
    After the wedding I'm planning on going to one color to save some money. I'm thinking a little darker. I have a lot of white hair and I prefer to cover that up.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    white as in greying white, or just really white blonde?
  • Options
    My natural color is dishwater blonde.  It's currently quite a bit lighter thanks to the amount of time I spend outside.

• Options
    Ah gotcha. I think when I saw you, you had more of a strawberry blondish brown color goin' on.

I miss having black hair but that upkeep was just ridiculous.
  • Options
    I've been coloring for um... a really long time.  Highlights for a while, then lowlights, then drug store wash out,... My natural color is kind of a mouse brown blah, I think.
  • Options
    Haha Loops thats how I was until I stopped coloring. I had some form of haircolor, whether it was highlights or full color, from the age of 12-20. So I had no idea what my hair was gonna grow out like. It went back to its original color, unfortunately.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards