Not Engaged Yet
Options

Pinterest

1.  Are you on Pinterest?
2.  Do you pin more or repin more?
3.  Doesn't it make you hungry?

I SO SO SO want to craft right now, but I have to unpack, so Knotting about Pinterest will have to do for now :)
I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton

Re: Pinterest

• Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    1.  YES
    2.  Repin, but I do my share of original pins too.
    3.  YES!!!
  • Options
    Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'm freakin starving and it's all because I'm repinning billions of DESSERTS.

Cause apparently I only like sugar
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_pinterest-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:676707dc-df77-4e01-95ce-a1317de9fb21Post:6a0717a4-92ee-4421-9bc6-70600356d001">Re: Pinterest</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have it and I don't get it.  I just started repinning stuff last night for wedding inspiration.  I have a "Pin It" button on my toolbar that doesn't get used.  I fail at the internet sometimes. :P
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

I feel that way a LITTLE bit, cause I just started my Pinterest account up.

So like, I don't have that many pins.  Once I have more, though, it's going to be awesome for organizing my recipes and craft endeavours.  Cause I'm kinda a crafting fiend.

I imagine it would be good for wedding planning too; I'm just not doing that yet :)   
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_pinterest-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:676707dc-df77-4e01-95ce-a1317de9fb21Post:6a0717a4-92ee-4421-9bc6-70600356d001">Re: Pinterest</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have it and I don't get it.  I just started repinning stuff last night for wedding inspiration.  I have a "Pin It" button on my toolbar that doesn't get used.  I fail at the internet sometimes. :P
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

I was that way at first, but then I started getting into it.  It's the same as looking through a bunch of different magazines for stuff you like.  Think "Better Homes and Gardens", "Modern Bride", "Style" and a whole bunch of others all rolled into one.

And the other night, when I was trying to come up with something to cook for dinner, I just clicked through my food board and found a recipe I've been wanting to try.

It's really simple and easy to use, and so much fun.
  • Options
    IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    YES!! I <3 it
    I think it's a bit of both...I usually pin my own stuffs
    Sometimes...but only if i'm craving foods
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep!

I try to pin mostly, but I do both

Haha, not really, because I'm mainly pinning wedding stuff. I really need to work on my other boards (one of which is recipes), though.
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    edited December 2011
    Yes - pinterest.com/cu97tiger

Both pretty equally

No, because the only food stuff I pin/repin are wedding cakes. The good news is FI and I agree on a cake... <---clicky... now to find someone who can make it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_pinterest-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:676707dc-df77-4e01-95ce-a1317de9fb21Post:abda4c1b-9a80-44af-af06-d8695835d7b7">Re: Pinterest</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession - I did not realize there was a difference between pinning and repinning until this thread. Confession #2 - last night I pinned** wedding inspiration pics and one of the captions on the pictures said "never too early to start planning."  I was really really hoping she was referring to the fact that it was a fall-themed wedding picture, and not that she was talking about pre-planning a wedding.  I wanted to talk the BSC out of her.   ETA: **I think I mean repinned?  Is that correct?  It was someone's picture already pinned to her board or whatever.   I hope you're all laughing at my expense.
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there are A LOT of BSC girls on Pinterest. I see those types of comments a lot, and people will have boards titled things like "my someday wedding" or even mention they're not engaged in the pin descriptions. Pinterest totally feeds the BSC.
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YES!!  I love it!

I definitely repin more but I pin a lot too.

Sometimes.  I try to ignore the food ones if I'm especially hungry.  Where I really have to watch is pinning all the wedding related things!!
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was completely unaware of this website until now. I apparently fail at the Internet thing too, lol. I have no idea how it works, but I'm now drooling over the pictures of the desserts that I most likely would never fit into my caloric limit unless I ate only that, lol. I'm going to have to investigate this site more! : )

I shouldn't, because I'm supposed to be working, but ... I can't help myself!
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Drooling is an unfortunate side effect of Pinterest, I think :) 

Oh, and spending a crapton of money on yarn & fabric is in my near future.

BUT FIRST, I have to make curtains, dangit.  But who wants to search for curtains on Pinterest?
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It seems to be pretty cool. I just realized you need an invite to sign up for it. How long does that take?
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Me Me Me!!! I have it and I love it. There is a link in my siggy. I would like to say that I pin a lot, but I think I'm more of a repinner. I try to ignore most foods on there, they just make me hungry. Although I do have to confess that I made some Irish car bomb cupcakes (repinned recipe) for a house warming party a couple of weeks ago and they were a huge success.

• Options
    alanna91alanna91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes!

80% repin

All the time. Most of my pins are probably recipes.
    White Knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can actually access this at work and do on down times
    I tend to repin more often,

It defintely does.  I've found some good recipes off of it

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay!!  I'm following all your pins now (if you posted a link at least!).  Here's mine: http://pinterest.com/flygirlmeg/  Happy Pinning!
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes
    Both 
    And sometimes.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes

I repin all the good stuff :)

No... I'm mostly looking at cool home stuff, kitchen stuff, wedding stuff, and wardrobe ideas :)
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have lots of recent pins... looking for an awesome cake idea! PM if you want my user name....  :)
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Options
     Yes! I love it... it's my newest addiction!
    Follow me if you want: http://pinterest.com/cyancupcakes

Mostly repin.

Yes! I've found so many fun recipes that I want to try!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    "People destined to meet will do so, apparently by chance, at precisely the right moment." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    I'm also following everyone who posted a link! I'm excited!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    "People destined to meet will do so, apparently by chance, at precisely the right moment." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    DanieKADanieKA member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) I'm on pinterest! I love it. I've been pinning up a storm lately. I'll add my username later. I dont remember it and i'm on my phone. (ETA: http://pinterest.com/danieka/)

2) I mostly repin, though I do pin originals a lot. 

3) I have a board called "yummy" that has some awesome looking food, but i've yet to make a single thing. 

Confession: I have a wedding inspiration folder on that site too! It's so hard to avoid the pics of pretty wedding ideas there w/out avoiding pinterest entirely. It's not like you can filter that stuff out! But once I pin, I tend not to look at that board so I don't dwell. I repin a lot of work/style outfit ideas. And a lot of home decor/ home improvement stuff as well. Love it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_pinterest-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:676707dc-df77-4e01-95ce-a1317de9fb21Post:cfa62a9b-be6c-4237-8598-c227cd574b05">Re: Pinterest</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.  YES 2.  Repin, but I do my share of original pins too. 3.  YES!!!
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>all of this</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes! I actually just joined this morning....and I'm already obsessed :)

I am mostly pinning now since I'm using it to keep track of wedding stuff.

I'm only doing wedding stuff at the moment, but yes I can imagine it will make me drool when I get around to adding food!
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    edited December 2011
    1. Yes.
    2. Both.  I'm totally a repinner most of the time because I'm not picky when I'm on there, but when I'm just browsing teh interwebz, I'm incredibly picky about what I add to my boards.  Does that even make sense?
    3. YES.  It's also caused a good chunk of my last paycheck to go to Joann's.  I think the fact that I work next door doesn't help much either.

You ladies are more than welcome to follow me: pinterest.com/peekaboo2011

ETA: Does it automatically make me BSC because I have a "Wedding Inspiration" board and am not engaged?  Am I required to take it down?  What's the etiquette?  HELP ME?!?!
    I french with my man
  • Options
    tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'm not on it.

I want in! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_pinterest-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:676707dc-df77-4e01-95ce-a1317de9fb21Post:78550e4b-ff8e-43ad-b94e-e1276bc17e6a">Re: Pinterest</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pinterest : PM me your email, I'll send you an invite if you need one.
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

<div>YGPM :D</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_pinterest-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:676707dc-df77-4e01-95ce-a1317de9fb21Post:da594a34-4535-4f28-bc54-82cbfa5d4649">Re: Pinterest</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. Yes. 2. Both.  I'm totally a repinner most of the time because I'm not picky when I'm on there, but when I'm just browsing teh interwebz, I'm incredibly picky about what I add to my boards.  Does that even make sense? 3. YES.  It's also caused a good chunk of my last paycheck to go to Joann's.  I think the fact that I work next door doesn't help much either. You ladies are more than welcome to follow me: pinterest.com/peekaboo2011 <strong>ETA: Does it automatically make me BSC because I have a "Wedding Inspiration" board and am not engaged?  Am I required to take it down? </strong> What's the etiquette?  HELP ME?!?!
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

I really hope it's not BSC to have a wedding inspiration board . . . I have one too (it's called tying the knot).  So what's the answer ladies?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I feel like it might be a little BSC to have a wedding inspiration board (but it's apparently rather popular in these parts, so don't attack me!).

I just think styles and tastes will change before I actually get married.  Plus, my BF is going to want a fairly big say in the wedding since he's 1/2 of the couple, so I want to kinda discover things together.  Cheesy, I know, but true.

It would probably be MORE BSC to have a board of engagement rings or something and then force said BF to propose with one of them, though.  Just sayin.  Haven't seen that yet, but I'm sure it's somewhere on Pinterest.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_pinterest-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:676707dc-df77-4e01-95ce-a1317de9fb21Post:4d777e96-765f-4c86-ad6b-ae2a2fa5b2eb">Re: Pinterest</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pinterest : Invite sent!!
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

Thanks yaga!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards