June 2012 Weddings

Therapy Thursday 5/17

13»

Re: Therapy Thursday 5/17

• I'm having a major issue with my BM, who is also a hair stylist/makeup artist (and teaches the stuff, too). She is VERY girly, whereas I am not. She likes big (big!) hair, I like simple. She likes overdone makeup, I like natural.

She's doing my hair/makeup for free and said "you let me know what you want and I will take care of it all!". Sweet, right? No. She spent three hours arguing via text with me (I was at work) because I told her I want to do creams/browns eyeshadow wise and I wanted a lot less poof in my hair. She has this idea that dark green (and a pale green) is much better for my lids because it makes my brown eyes 'pop' more. But, it looks stupid, way too dark, and with my glasses my eyes look like one dark blob.

She kept saying "It's your wedding and I want you to be comfortable, int he end I will do what you want, but we're doing the green". WTF.

I told her I'll do my own makeup. She thankfully agreed on the hair and didn't make it an issue. But really?! Sorry so long, I've really needed to get that out and no one IRL cares. lol.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday-517?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:54bdfd47-5006-449c-87dd-8c4f32c6783aPost:85dc2763-217d-4cea-b647-c31c946d51e7">Re: Therapy Thursday 5/17</a>:
    [QUOTE]She kept saying "It's your wedding and I want you to be comfortable, int he end I will do what you want, but we're doing the green". WTF. Posted by brittneyh4[/QUOTE]

I would probably punch someone that came at me with green eye shadow, especially on my wedding day.  Yuck.  You're right to want the neutrals, you'll never regret having a classic look on your wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday-517?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:54bdfd47-5006-449c-87dd-8c4f32c6783aPost:8b730510-15ce-4637-90e4-f745f2f563ab">Re: Therapy Thursday 5/17</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Therapy Thursday 5/17 : I would probably punch someone that came at me with green eye shadow, especially on my wedding day.  Yuck.  You're right to want the neutrals, you'll never regret having a classic look on your wedding day.
    Posted by michellep1[/QUOTE]
     <div>Hahaha punch someone.  I think I would run away. :)</div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards