Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

ITS NOT SATURDAY YET - WAKE UP

Re: ITS NOT SATURDAY YET - WAKE UP

• Options
    Nothing concrete.  Just a little school clothes shopping and maybe Chuck E Cheese.  I live life on the edge! 
  • Options
    So the big half marathon is this weekend?  Good luck!  I'm sure you'll do great. 
  • Options
    I went to Chuck E Cheese once ...and I was around 15 years old (for a cousin's bday).  Needless to say I did not enjoy it.

Cfas: Good luck with your race! and happy early birthday!!
  • Options

I used to love Chuck E Cheese because my sister hated the mechanical animals. I think it was always my goal as a child to freak out my sister! Haha.

We're throwing a surprise birthday party for my Daddy on Saturday!!! I'm pretty stoked about it! Cool

April 2013 - October Siggy Challenge: Venue

Save the Date - Music Poster Inspired STD's

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've been to CEC exactly once in my life and that was as a kid, I thought it was creepy.  J has always been scared of mascot type things and only recently has gotten over that, so we're going to give it a try.  Her friend at the sitter keeps going and it's making her mad she hasn't gone yet so she can tell her friend to shove it.  (ok, that's probably not what will happen but that's how I feel about it right now). 

Stage, I have coffee - lots of coffee.  CAN I SCREAM NOW?? 
  • Options
    I don't know if I could handle Chuck E Cheese as an adult... Hah.

Toss some coffee over my way!!! I could use it today!!

April 2013 - October Siggy Challenge: Venue

Save the Date - Music Poster Inspired STD's

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have anxiety just thinking about going, so I get what you're saying for real!  The closest Magic Mountain and CEC you have to drive into the city a bit and it's not exactly non-ghetto.  There's nothing more I hate than unsupervised kids that have no awareness of others, but at the same time you know their ghetto a$$ mom is waiting in the wings for you to say something so she can pull out her hoops and start neck snapping. 
  • Options
    Morning!

I don't remember if we went to CEC a lot when we were kids because there were some other similar places we liked better, but I did go once for my ex-boyfriend and his twin's 21st birthday. I can't make this stuff up.

I'm looking forward to hopefully getting off work early for the long weekend, going to a football and soccer game, planning a vacation with friends for next year and watching kids chase chickens and greased pigs.
  • Options
    Morning!

I loved CEC growing up, I was more into the arcade then the playground area. I think I've only been in the playarea once or twice. 

Busy weekend coming up, after to be out of this apartment by tonight and still a bit of moving to do, Sunday is our first set of engagement photos (one of my friends wanted to do a set of photos for us to use for her portfolio), and it is also the last weekend before we leave on our trip. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-not-saturday-yet-wake-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a2080bf-a5e9-49b1-9fa4-9b0d6aed6868Post:0e92d4da-149b-4a86-88c5-548e83479e9d">Re: ITS NOT SATURDAY YET - WAKE UP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning! I don't remember if we went to CEC a lot when we were kids because there were some other similar places we liked better, but I did go once for my ex-boyfriend and his twin's 21st birthday.  <font color="#ff0000">You know you loved it b/c you can still fit in all the rides!  :)  </font> I can't make this stuff up. I'm looking forward to hopefully getting off work early for the long weekend, going to a football and soccer game, planning a vacation with friends for next year and watching kids chase chickens and greased pigs.  <font color="#ff0000">Ummmm, what?  Where's this?  I used to love trying to get a greased watermelon out of the pool, fun times.</font>
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Of course it's not Saturday yet. We have to get through this lovely Friday aka my birthday first. I loved Chuckie Cheese as a kid!
  • Options
    Stacks, believe it or not, I was super embarrassed that they wanted to spend their 21st birthday in a CEC. I think I did get in one of the rides though, just to see if I could. Unfortunately, that picture is probably gone forever since he was a complete jerk and I got rid of all evidence of that relationship.

And that is our city fair. :) It's hilarious.
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Joy!!! any exciting plans?
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Joy! 
  • Options
    Happy birthday Joy!

Stacks, can you make sure it doesn't rain tomorrow night in Columbus? ;)
  • Options
    MyUserName1MyUserName1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I remember both Chuck E Cheese and Showbiz Pizza as a kid. 

The Chuck E Cheese near where I grew up was a little creepy.  There was a back room with a rope climby net thing, and from the top of it, you could see over a wall into the next room that was closed off but was clearly set up as a theatre type space with an old stage with animatronic characters and things on it and old rides stored in it (there was a big stage in the main room with the characters too). 

Then when I was a little older, they closed off that back room too.  That made no sense to me, even as a kid, that they would close off about a third of their floor space.

ETA: And happy birthday, Joy!  
  • Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2012
    In Response to Re:ITS NOT SATURDAY YET WAKE UP:Happy Birthday Joy!!! any exciting plans? Posted by HockeyFan4 Work? Ha. We're going to Osteria in Philly tonight. I've never been and am quite excited! EDIT: Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    Sure midge, I can try!  lol.  You coming to a Crew game or something?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-not-saturday-yet-wake-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a2080bf-a5e9-49b1-9fa4-9b0d6aed6868Post:4cd2c5e5-e4c5-433f-bf45-6f62bd590ba7">Re: ITS NOT SATURDAY YET - WAKE UP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sure midge, I can try!  lol.  You coming to a Crew game or something?
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

Yup. Using our tickets from the other game.
  • Options
    That's good they let you do that!  I was looking at tickets for tomorrow but then decided I probably shouldn't get them since T has soccer tournaments all weekend.  He probably wouldn't want to leave coaching to go to a soccer game.  :)  Have a great time.
  • Options
    I admittedly have very little to contribute to this morning thread other than that I just ate a bag of Panera chips for breakfast way to eat healthy and Chuck E Cheese pushed me to the ground when I was three. Being home makes Button a sleepy, sleepy girl.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    There's no CEC here, so I've never been (even when I've traveled). DD mentioned it the last time we went south, but we stay on site so there isn't one there either. She got over it.

Nothing exciting this weekend for me, just more wallowing in my wretched job situation, and locating my big girl panties to get over it.

Before we moved up here I used to host a Back to School Bonfire for the kids and their friends. They'd roast weiners and marshmallows, play spotlight and end the night with fireworks. It's weird not planning it this year, but I didn't want to do it here without ds. Wouldn't be the same.

Blah weekend for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    baystateapplebaystateapple member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2012
    Good morning!  I'm looking forward to tomorrow night -- going to a firespinning jam.  Wedding on Sunday and then glorious nothing on Monday. 

I never went to Chuck E Cheese as a child.  My dad took a kid he was babysitting there once before I was born and it freaked him right out.  The noise, the kids running around...he said he'd never go there again, and to my knowledge he hasn't.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    CEC is like being at a kiddie rave.  That is all I have to offer.

Happy Birthday Joy!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Happy Birthday, Joy!

Good luck on Sunday, Cfas!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

My sister worked at DZ, it was way better than anything they have now. 

• Options
    :yawn: Morning, all. We didn't get home from the football (high school) game until after 11 last night. After being up since 4:00 that morning, that makes for a long day. My darling older daughter neglected to tell me that the band is not dismissed until the stadium is all cleaned. Yep, it is up to the band parents and band members to clean up the stadium after every game. Joy.

Oh, and I was all excited about my paycheck being $200 higher? Yeah, no. I forgot that I had worked a couple of days over the summer on the district pretest and posttest For Precalculus and Advanced Algebra, to the tune of $300 extra. Sonofabitch, my take-home pay will be $100 less this year. At least until January, when health insurance premiums go up again. FML
  • Options
    Um, what about football parents staying to clean as well?  That sounds like crap sara! 
  • Options
    Morning everyone.

I remember liking CEC as a kid, but my parents claim I was terrified of the characters. I don't recall this.

Happy birthday, Joy...and good luck with your half, cfas!!

I'm happy it's the weekend and hoping H and I can spend some QT together. It's been a really weird week and we haven't really talked all that much. He's been busy with work and 2 of the last 3 nights has basically come home and gone straight to bed. Fun.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    sarabellamsarabellam member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2012
    I agree, Stacks, but at least the football program pays the band program to do this. I found that out REAL quick.

ETA I have never been to CEC or Showbiz pizza. I have clearly led a sheltered life.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards