Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Good Friday

Re: Good Friday

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:24c3f419-bd64-41ae-aab7-d2598a86b5c8Post:20cd5c02-fa56-4da4-b814-b61f9bc5c60e">Re: Good Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lynda - if he gets the new job offer, will leaving against the wishes of the current GM hurt the new job?  Or does he really just not want to burn bridges in the industry?
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Since it's within the company I *think* it's up to the current GM to decide when he can 'let go' of the employee.   I think it's BS if that means the new property can't wait that long.

</div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Morning ladies!

Barbie, that's my date too!!  I don't hang out on the month board at all, so I know no one else with my date.

Rosie, it's always scary when something happens so close to home.  There was a home invasion in Connecticut really close to where FI's aunt and uncle (and their three kids) live a few years ago, and when I was in college an elderly woman was murdered in her house down the street from where my dad's house was - and a good neighborhood, too.
  • Options
    Oh that's very cool, Krups! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Oh ok, I didn't know it was the same company.  I haven't been around enough for the whole story.  That sucks :(  Too bad someone higher up can't say, "Look, this is ridiculous"
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    Morning lovelies.

I'm awake for no real reason. I'm super sleepy, but once I wake up, I can't fall back asleep again.

Oh well. Fi is home until Monday night, so that's good :)
  • Options
    Lynda this job thing really sucks for you guys!  Just be hopeful though, I mean June really isn't that far away.  Hopefully it'll work out.  I know all too well about having an H depressed in his job.  I'm getting text messages right this very minute where he's still questioning not going to PA.  It's so frustrating b/c I can't do anything. 
  • Options
    Morning, Mixy :)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:24c3f419-bd64-41ae-aab7-d2598a86b5c8Post:98cb57f1-3358-4996-aea1-a33ab208584a">Re: Good Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lynda this job thing really sucks for you guys!  Just be hopeful though, I mean June really isn't that far away.  Hopefully it'll work out.  I know all too well about having an H depressed in his job.  I'm getting text messages right this very minute where he's still questioning not going to PA.  It's so frustrating b/c I can't do anything. 
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

<div>I know June is not far away, but Phoenix has been without a chef since March.  Mid-June is actually a long way off in their eyes.  Hopefully a compromise can be made.  It's a holiday weekend so I'm sure we will not hear anything until next week.  He can leave soon, then return for the big wedding.</div><div>
    </div><div>He is in a wedding Memorial day weekend.  He might have to back out if Phoenix gets him earlier and will not let him leave for 4 days to attend.   </div><div>
    </div><div>Basically it sucks all the way around.</div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options

Apparently my office building celebrates Earth Day by giving us free breakfast. Noshers be noshin, yo.

• Options
    Lynda, would he be able to come to a compromise between the two places?  Like, go to Phoenix but come back to the wedding in June?  
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:24c3f419-bd64-41ae-aab7-d2598a86b5c8Post:3bdbaa72-ff2c-49d0-8150-c85a720e086b">Re: Good Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Apparently my office building celebrates Earth Day by giving us free breakfast. Noshers be noshin, yo.
    Posted by mandapanda78[/QUOTE]

SCORE.
  • Options
    Just make sure it doesn't make you noshes, Manda.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    Today is Good Friday AND Earth Day?  Who knew?

Oh, I guess my planner book did because there it is.  Well, wouldja lookit that? (<-clicky)
    ttc chart
  • Options
    HAPPY EARTH DAY!

HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY!

Even the Earth is stealin' Jeebus's thunder. The poor guy.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I actually snorted at your FB status, Panda. 

I have to beg my dad to bring me a bagel back from breakfast.  A BAGEL!

• Options
    I can't say I've ever seen meatballs at a breakfast spread before, but it's a little known fact that meatballs are the panda cubs weakness.
  • Options
    TR that guy makes me laugh. 

• Options
    Meatballs for breakfast, eh?  That sounds pretty damn good.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:24c3f419-bd64-41ae-aab7-d2598a86b5c8Post:986f5a27-ba2b-4b5b-b2de-82c1f4ef5b84">Re: Good Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lynda, would he be able to come to a compromise between the two places?  Like, go to Phoenix but come back to the wedding in June?  
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

<div>DH is 100% willing to do that.  We just have to see if the GMs are willing.</div><div>
    </div><div>I see both sides.  Phoenix needs a chef. </div><div>
    </div><div> St Thomas has one hell of a wedding ($1million events are not the norm here).  The last thing they want to mess it up.  Chances of them getting another chef in that time is slim to none.  Plus they picked this location because of DH's food.  They love him and what he can produce.  </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>

• Options
    I love Bassmaster! 

• Options

haha Stacks, me too :)

ttc chart
  • Options
    Lynda - your husband sounds like he does about the same thing as my former co-teachers husband. I think I told you he just landed a job with Jimmy Buffet and his hotel chain down in Florida. He is going to be starting up several hotels and then they will assign him to one permanently.
  • Options
    Morning all - Happy Good Friday and Earth Day!

I am sitting here at work by myself because the PRN nurse decided she "was unavailable" yesterday and today, and I messed up on the staffing request so there is no one to cover today.  So, here I sit with the sign on the door staring at the pile of filing to do and wondering if I should just sneak out and take the day off because my boss would not know anyway LOL. 

Oh, I ate breakfast already and am nursing my coffee.  I want to be at home finishing up addressing my invites so I can get them out today or tomorrow. 

Now I want Krisy Kremes too.  This will be a long day. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Good morning, ladies!

I'm home sick today.  I've felt pretty crappy for the past couple days, but last night it got much worse.  Just in time for the Penny's big birthday weekend.  Mr. Penny's birthday is today and mine is Sunday, so I hope to feel better soon!

Birdie, your baking is awesome :).
  • Options
    Happy birthday, Pennys!  Hope you feel better, DDBY. :(

• Options
    Aw.  Feel better MP.  :(  happy birthday to you guys.....I hope you can celebrate the way you want to. 
  • Options
    Thanks Penny! I think I'm going to have to sell the cookies at a discount and then just beg people to give a donation for Relay for Life.
  • Options

Happy Birthday to the Pennys!  Hope you feel better very soon!

I forgot about our cat.  I left a glass of water on the counter last night and of course he wants to play with that one.  Never mind that there were like 3 or 4 others there, they did not have water in them.  At 2:30 am, FH wakes up to a crash in the kitchen, finds water and a shattered "Shrek" glass all over the floor. 

Oh, and FH's daughter and her BF are coming up from ECU today for the weekend.  I am hoping to announce an engagement very soon!

Anniversary
  • Options
    Money - I hope you feel better soon so you can still celebrate your birthdays. H has the crud, too. He is going to the dr later today.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:24c3f419-bd64-41ae-aab7-d2598a86b5c8Post:7be39e65-8b16-4929-a737-d1dc984c1e95">Re: Good Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning ladies!  I'm at work today, we could volunteer to work today from 9-3 and then have a comp day to use any time before June 1st.  I had yesterday off and H is working today anyway so I figured I'd come in.  There's NO ONE here.  Luckily I brought my nail polish.
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

LOL I was watching "Total Recall" last night.  When Arnold's character goes to ReKall, the receptionist is sitting there with a color palette and a pen - she touched the color then touched her nails and it instantly painted her nails. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards