Snarky Brides

Which Photographer?

Ok,so we narrowed it down to two photographers.They are both fantastic in every way.They even have very similar pricing.We just don't know who to choose! I attatched the links to their sites.If you could tell me who you would pick and why that would be great.

Tabitha McCausland

Jason Mize

image 76 Invited
image 51 Ready to Party
image 13 missing out
image 12 need to hurry up!
RSVP Date:November 1
Wedding Countdown Ticker
My Planning Bio

Re: Which Photographer?

• A knottie here (SarahSmile) used Tab McCausland, I believe and her pictures are FABULOUS.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Your local board would probably be a lot more helpful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mstar284mstar284 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    Not really a fan of Tabitha's work from those samples. Jason seems more classic. But if you want something a little funky, go for Tabitha.

...and yes, local boards might be able to provide better insight.

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • you can see more samples of tab's work in my bio! i don't tend to like the pics she blogs as much as lot of other pics i have seen by her. she tends to blog things that are more artsy and forgets that brides want to see normal wedding shots, too. i liked her a lot.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:be54ca9c-7703-4aa9-a185-ce6b5f4fed7dPost:2c7d9eb9-3463-46b6-91b0-4457c29f6c7e">Re: Which Photographer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]you can see more samples of tab's work in my bio! i don't tend to like the pics she blogs as much as lot of other pics i have seen by her. she tends to blog things that are more artsy and forgets that brides want to see normal wedding shots, too. i liked her a lot.
    Posted by SarahSmile23[/QUOTE]

Thanks Sarah!
    image 76 Invited
    image 51 Ready to Party
    image 13 missing out
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
  • btw, i have pics by 2 different photogs in my bio, so make sure you click on the tab that says "pics by tab mccausland."

also, i think this was a good place to post the poll. on the local, you're just going to get, "i used ____ and he/she was awesome!" responses by brides who don't actually open the links and compare. on a national board she will get opinions that are unbiased by personal experience. and she did post this on the local, too. :)
  • I loved the energy in Tabitha's shots
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:be54ca9c-7703-4aa9-a185-ce6b5f4fed7dPost:e802a444-e0ce-4829-b563-18f5648411bf">Re: Which Photographer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]btw, i have pics by 2 different photogs in my bio, so make sure you click on the tab that says "pics by tab mccausland." also, i think this was a good place to post the poll. on the local, you're just going to get, "i used ____ and he/she was awesome!" responses by brides who don't actually open the links and compare. on a national board she will get opinions that are unbiased by personal experience. and she did post this on the local, too. :)

I looked at your Bio,and your photos were gorgeous! You were right though,your photos were a little tone down compared to the stuff she blogs.I also like knowing that she can do artsy and a bit more traditional.
    image 76 Invited
    image 51 Ready to Party
    image 13 missing out
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
  • just be prepared to possibly be surprised/annoyed by the pics she chooses to blog from your wedding. the pic of the headless couple at the top of her blog page? yeah. that's us. out of all of our pretty pics, THAT is the one that made the top of her blog. lol!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:be54ca9c-7703-4aa9-a185-ce6b5f4fed7dPost:57574824-cd3b-4995-92ed-cf2974798ab8">Re: Which Photographer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]just be prepared to possibly be surprised/annoyed by the pics she chooses to blog from your wedding. the pic of the headless couple at the top of her blog page? yeah. that's us. out of all of our pretty pics, THAT is the one that made the top of her blog. lol!

lol,figures. Who knows why photogs choose what they choose.While I have you here,can I be added to the CFL knottie page :)
    image 76 Invited
    image 51 Ready to Party
    image 13 missing out
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:be54ca9c-7703-4aa9-a185-ce6b5f4fed7dPost:8264e3f2-4592-4248-91a5-5802d65f6d8c">Re: Which Photographer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which Photographer? : lol,figures. Who knows why photogs choose what they choose.While I have you here,can I be added to the CFL knottie page :)
    Posted by lovetothinkpink[/QUOTE]

you'll have to page blonde jessica (she posted the g2g poll) on CFL for that. she updates it. i would do it if i could! :)

the other photographer in my bio is also very good, btw.and less expensive. she is my groomsman's wife so i didn't book her. i wanted her to be able to enjoy the day with her hubby.
  • Aww how sad for you Sarah to be annoyed that your photographer only put a pic of your hands on her blog and not your pretty pretty face..boo-hoo!
  • it's not a picture of my hands. nice try. snark fail.

• I vote Tab.  I looked at both sites and while I do like Jason's photos, I *loved* Tab's photos!  I think she did a better job of capturing the emotion of the day.  However, they have very different styles, so you have to go with the style that YOU like.  For instance, look at one wedding of each and go with your gut:  which one would you rather have if the photos were of you?

Also, for us, personality of hte photog made a big difference.  We loved our photog's work, but she also was SO super friendly and also really assertive.  I felt really confident that she knows what she is doing.  I liked another photographer, but she was really shy and I had a hard time picturing her getting my family organized for the photos (they tend to be unruly). 

Good luck!  Both are beautiful, so you can't go wrong.
  • I voted for Jason. I did not like the selection on Tab's at all.
  • edited June 2010

I vote Jason by a million miles. His work is so very polished and beautiful. Tab gets some nice shots, but there's a feeling of... I don't know, amateurism? that I sense when I look at her blog pics in contrast to his. 

• Also, having looked again, it appears that Tabitha does a lot more in the way of posed photographs, in which people don't always appear particularly comfortable and generally just seem sort of... silly. I really don't feel that posed photos capture the emotions of the day anywhere close to the photojournalistic style that Jason seems to use. 
  • They're both very good (honest) but I prefer Jason.  Just seems like prettier photos, which may be less artistic but more the kind you want to hang on your wall.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Tab all the way.  Plus, she's super nice :)

Jason's photos look overexposed.
  • SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    his blog is good, but i'm not into the whole overexposed look with sun glares everywhere. i don't think pictures like that would look good in 8x10s on the wall. i'm underwhelmed by him when i look at the actual photos and not the blog format. if you're going to look at a tampa photographer, look at jason angelini!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards