Snarky Brides
Options

life updates

Re: life updates

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_life-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b1ac4031-216c-499c-b600-55a574d2acbaPost:1b629459-3140-47d4-98cd-ac4bc3c65103">Re: life updates</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: life updates : Someone asked about them  - I gave my honest opinion about there services up to that point.  It wasn't a review - they were monitoring posts.
    Posted by SquishyMine[/QUOTE]
     Ah gotcha. I thought you had written your reviews early which was confusing.
    Yeah I find it extremely unprofessoional for a vendor to get all defensive and full of excuses.  Own the mistake, offer some sort of compensation (if it's warranted) and fix it for the future.  Nobody expects vendors to be perfect.
  • Options
    Oh, J&K - what's going on with the skin/hair issues you were having cause of the possible wheat alergies??
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_life-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b1ac4031-216c-499c-b600-55a574d2acbaPost:0ab824a6-6075-4de3-b2d1-5eb76ef39664">Re: life updates</a>:
    [QUOTE]Know what I miss? The bed intruder song. Its been a while since I heard that.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

BAHAHA.  Now I'm going to have to listen to that.

I remember you k8ly!  Er, squishy :)
    panther
  • Options
    JCB-That just sucks. 40% is just ridiculous and I think you are right to call an attorney regarding how they are handling this.

Ash- Hugs to you. But, I know in the end (from experience) you will be better for it, promise!

Nebb- I always believe in karma, so your CW gets what is coming to her.

Looks like we are going to have a new round of SB babies again!

Life updates: DH is a new grandpa, we have a little Lily. We are looking at getting a new pup soon. We really miss having a dog in the house. In March DH has to travel to Europe, so I'm hoping I can go with.
    I really need to start on my Day Zero list and learn a language :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I still haven't got 101 things on my day zero list and I refuse to start it til I have it done.

BAH
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_life-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b1ac4031-216c-499c-b600-55a574d2acbaPost:b1d15481-5fd6-41cf-9fac-15dab4711f84">Re: life updates</a>:
    [QUOTE]I still haven't got 101 things on my day zero list and I refuse to start it til I have it done. BAH
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

I only have 76, and my start date was January 1st. I'm proceeding.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_life-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b1ac4031-216c-499c-b600-55a574d2acbaPost:625ed56b-458b-47f7-9088-23f15eed35ea">Re: life updates</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: life updates : BAHAHA.  Now I'm going to have to listen to that. I remember you! Er, squishy :)

HI!  Yeah, I have Disney on the brain because we are full swing into planning our trip!  (Plus it was throughout our wedding - and you know, wedding website and all!)

We were in your neck of the woods on our way home for Christmas.  It was but cold up there our last day in town!!!
    So this is the miracle that I've been dreaming of...
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I'm really happy about the new round of babies! I'm hoping thios will be us in the not so distant future.

Updates from me? I got married. I got my Master's. That's about it.
  • Options

JCB, they just know what kind of havoc you could wreak in a place like Vegas. ;)   Kidding, but seriously, they are ballsacks. That sucks.

Thanks, Edie! It was fun, for the most part :P

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_life-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b1ac4031-216c-499c-b600-55a574d2acbaPost:36a3fede-356e-47c6-a687-099e403f83f8">Re: life updates</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: life updates : HI!  Yeah, I have Disney on the brain because we are full swing into planning our trip!  (Plus it was throughout our wedding - and you know, wedding website and all!) We were in your neck of the woods on our way home for Christmas.  It was but cold up there our last day in town!!!

Haha, and it's been the mildest winter I can honestly ever remember.  The last time we had a brown Christmas was in the 1940s!
    panther
  • Options
    Congrats, Nates!

Nebb, I switched products, which helped the itching considerably.  My scalp and skin is still dry, and my doctor suspects another thing as well.  I had an appointment yesterday, and due to insurance issues, I have to put off the testing until next month, but I'll be getting some allergy testing done, getting my thyroid tested, and being tested for Celiac and a couple different kinds of anemia.  Along with some pulmonary fuction testing for my asthma.  Feb is going to be great ;)  But It was a great appointment and I'm looking forward to getting things figured out.

jcb, actually she just emailed me back. S he thanked me and said she was shocked (shouldn't be) and asked me to help her understand why.  I told her that I was offered a job that will allow me to use my skills more and help me further my career.  And a few other diplomatic things.  All true., though not what I WANTED to say, but I figured I'd like my last couple weeks to be as painless as possible.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_life-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b1ac4031-216c-499c-b600-55a574d2acbaPost:101bc7fd-c44d-4f03-adce-fc78eef52f28">Re: life updates</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nates!  You're not around these parts much anymore :-( Congrats on the Master's!  That's a wonderful accomplishment.  Oh, and congrats on that whole marriage thing, too. 
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've been busy so I just pop in when I can.  I feel like I dont' know what's going on with anyone anymore, so this thread was good. Now that I'm done with school and the wedding, I've been able to finally see my friends and do shiit. I'm thinking of volunteerng at an animal shelter, too.

And, thanks! I'm so glad it's done. I's educated.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_life-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b1ac4031-216c-499c-b600-55a574d2acbaPost:b0b8b3c1-c059-40b3-8944-f5356b6e8984">Re: life updates</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: life updates : I tried doing that in high school and it made me way too depressed.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's why I'm still just considering it. It would have to be a no-kill shelter, without a doubt. I don't have the emotional fortitude to volunteer at a kill shelter, even though I'm sure they need people, too. Nathan was all worried when I told him I was considering it and was like NO NEW PETS UNTIL WE GET A HOUSE.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_life-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b1ac4031-216c-499c-b600-55a574d2acbaPost:f3dc52fb-087d-4500-b9e2-267115a4196e">Re: life updates</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: life updates : Haha, and it's been the mildest winter I can honestly ever remember.  The last time we had a brown Christmas was in the 1940s!

Oh, I know - we were walking around without coats just the day before...in Grand Forks...in December!   Then, the wind started up, and it was aaaaall over. 

Brown?!  Heck ya!  Everthing was one big dust ball!  Dirt from the fields everywhere.  Hubby was glad we didn't have time to wash the car on the way out of town afterall.  (I tried to warn him.)
    So this is the miracle that I've been dreaming of...
  • Options

Sorry Edie TK messed up again and I couldnt see your post. Plus, you know that pesky work thing.

No, same baby. We only have one and my son is no where near thinking of babies.

JCB-Still sucks, hope you can get some answers from your lawyer.

Europe is most likely either Germany or Belgium, I'm fine with either one. But, if we get a pup, one of us has to stay home. Damn, it's like having a baby.

He's just told me last night at the end of Jan he will be in LA, then Orlando the end of Feb. then Europe in Mar. I'm a widow again.

• Options
    Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    My life update is that I may or may not get some good news in a few weeks.  And if I dont get good news, I have to have another surgery.

H and I are considering buying some income property.  I know people dont advise it, but there are a LOT of foreclosures and bank owned properties here that are a steal, and if we can find a multi-family home at a great deal, we might snatch it up.  We are still in the "research" aspect of it though.  We want to know more about the ins and outs before we make a move.

Also, H made his last car payment last week so we are excited about that extra $500 going into savings each month.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    Guys, I have a somewhat embarrassing confession: I've watched the 'Glee: The Concert' movie 3 times. And once was in the theater... in 3D.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_life-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b1ac4031-216c-499c-b600-55a574d2acbaPost:d7affdf7-c752-4779-8df5-9200d7f3e32e">Re: life updates</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: life updates : Oh, I know - we were walking around without coats just the day before...in Grand Forks...in December!   Then, the wind started up, and it was aaaaall over.  Brown?!  Heck ya!  Everthing was one big dust ball!  Dirt from the fields everywhere.  Hubby was glad we didn't have time to wash the car on the way out of town afterall.  (I tried to warn him.)

Haha, leave it to the wind to wreck everything.  Feckin' NoDak wind.

I am really pleased with how dry it's been.  It will really be a good spring for us with this dry head start to winter.  That's a hell of a lot less flooding to worry about!
    panther
  • Options
    I'm very relieved jcb.  I didn't really want a response at all, but now that she DID respond and it's over (she responded back in a pleasant manner) I don't have to continue to be anxious about what it will be like the next time I see her.  Whew! 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_life-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b1ac4031-216c-499c-b600-55a574d2acbaPost:3a370924-309b-4287-a015-d40d9089a8f5">Re: life updates</a>:
    [QUOTE]Guys, I have a somewhat embarrassing confession: I've watched the 'Glee: The Concert' movie 3 times. And once was in the theater... in 3D.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

It takes a big man to admit to that ;)

Haha, just kidding. You bet your buttons I'm making H take me to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D next weekend. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_life-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b1ac4031-216c-499c-b600-55a574d2acbaPost:6dde9e99-8b10-4731-8626-4cfa622fe4a9">Re: life updates</a>:
    [QUOTE]J, that was definitely the best way to handle it.  I try to not burn bridges if at all possible.  You have got to be relieved!!  Whew. Nates, I volunteered at a shelter for almost 2 years.  It was both a good and bad experience.  In the end, there was a really sweet dog that was returned twice - the first time, they said she was aggressive and she almost got put down.  I wrote a long ass letter stating why I thought she wasn't aggressive so they didn't.  Then she was adopted my a couple of lying jackasses who returned her b/c when they'd tie her up and leave her alone outside, she'd run away.  Nofuckingshit.  She was getting pretty stressed at that point so I was at the shelter literally every day to calm her down.  She finally found her a forever home and that's when I quit going.  It just took so much out of me that I couldn't do it anymore.  Her new owner was awesome and she's now a dock diving dog and has competed in several events.  I say do it but don't get attached to any one animal.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]
    That's good advice--this is my fear. But, at the same time, N was saying that I work with kids and I'm now able to distance myself from them. Obviously, kids=/= animals, but ity's easy to get so wrapped up in them and try to save each one.

Mara, LOSER. Kidding. I still watch Mean Girls every time it's on television, so who I am to talk? ;)

J, I'm glad it worked out. I'm sure that was a huge relief.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_life-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b1ac4031-216c-499c-b600-55a574d2acbaPost:3a370924-309b-4287-a015-d40d9089a8f5">Re: life updates</a>:
    [QUOTE]Guys, I have a somewhat embarrassing confession: I've watched the 'Glee: The Concert' movie 3 times. And once was in the theater... in 3D.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

I'll confess I'm jealous.  I haven't seen it yet. 

My only life update is in 4 weeks I'll be in North Carolina for a GTG weekend with a bunch of ladies from my month board and then I'll head to another town to finally meet my goddaughter.  I was supposed to meet her last September in New Jersey for her Christening but it was postponed. 
  • Options
    marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_life-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b1ac4031-216c-499c-b600-55a574d2acbaPost:fb6f3580-2e6f-4f1e-af47-e2440773c93a">Re: life updates</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: life updates : It takes a big man to admit to that ;) Haha, just kidding. You bet your buttons I'm making H take me to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D next weekend. 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]
    My BFF and I are going to see that, I'm so excited! B&tB is my favorite Disney movie.
  • Options
    MINE TOO!  Soulmates.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_life-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b1ac4031-216c-499c-b600-55a574d2acbaPost:9b623079-2d56-45d1-b4d5-2e87263843f7">Re: life updates</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: life updates : That's good advice--this is my fear. But, at the same time, N was saying that I work with kids and I'm now able to distance myself from them. Obviously, kids=/= animals, but ity's easy to get so wrapped up in them and try to save each one. Mara, LOSER. Kidding. I still watch Mean Girls every time it's on television, so who I am to talk? ;) J, I'm glad it worked out. I'm sure that was a huge relief.
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

Hello Darlin! Good to see you.

I really dont think I could work in a shelter. Hell DH has to drag me out of Petsmart where the cats are, he always knows where to find me!
  • Options
    I think I am seriously losing my mind, or my drunk coworker is tampering with something in my office.
    You can smell this girl from soo far away and whenever she comes into my office I can smell her for hours after (and I burn a candle in my office with my door closed)  I just got back from lunch and my desk smells sooo bad like booze, I actually opened and smelled my water bottles, I walked around sniffing the air and its mostly infront of my computer. I am either really crazy or maybe drunky was trying to get on my computer...good thing I am the only one in the office who ALWAYS locks it.
  • Options
    I HAVE to look at the cute kitties at PetSmart.  Always.  And I talk to all of them.  I feel bad if I don't.

Oh my god, I'm a crazy.

• Options
    Blue, I hated being a landlord, but you might like it. The whole record keeping and background checking and driving all the way out there to fix crap got old really quickly. 

Oh, and fingers crossed for good news. No surgery!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_life-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b1ac4031-216c-499c-b600-55a574d2acbaPost:cc08f0b0-3968-4051-b513-f08dd36c1d61">Re: life updates</a>:
    [QUOTE]My H is about to lose his job.  WTF.  He's one of their most talented and loyal employees.  They just called him in to see if he's made a decision and they had legal there.  That can't be good.  He told them that according to the proposals he has until 5 to make a decision and they let him go back to his office. Effing TK sucks. Ash, here's to a great new beginning for you.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry JCB.  Some of you know this already but H lost his job right before Christmas.  We work(ed) for the same company.  I'm still here.  It's not nearly as awkward as I thought it would be but I think that's mainly because everyone is being fake to me because they are scared of what I might say/do.

On a positive note, we finally moved into our house!  We moved on the 1st and things are starting to come together and look nice :)  This weekend I need to tackle a pile of clothes that's about my height - or higher.

Bio
    "You wore a tit dress at an AIDS party??? You need to go to the whore corner with Mara " - Blue
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards