Snarky Brides

Nevermind- Brandi beat me

Hey hey!

Anyone around? I'm hanging out with the pups. I just applied for a teaching job here. It's PreK so not my favorite but who knows. I guess it can't hurt to apply.
Edit: Oops, looks like Brandi beat me to it by 30 seconds!
imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Nevermind- Brandi beat me

• Hi!  Good luck with getting the job!

I'm just hanging out, working on homework. I have a final project due Friday, and I'm almost done. I totally feel the need to nap right now though.
  • Everyone is here, so let's go with it!
    imageVacation
  • Hi everyone!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to Re:Nevermind Brandi beat me:[QUOTE]Hi! nbsp;Good luck with getting the job!I'm just hanging out, working on homework. I have a final project due Friday, and I'm almost done. I totally feel the need to nap right now though. Posted by sarabear23[/QUOTE]

Do you do regular semesters? It seems late to be doing homework.
    imageVacation
  • I'm still at work.  Big exciting plan for me tonight is a PB&H with a percocet chaser.  My back is getting better but after work all day is starting to kill me. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-here-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b5475ec0-3180-4f1e-916e-ce5867503285Post:f73d6e34-fa3f-405f-b322-ab4c887fdd7b">Re: Nevermind- Brandi beat me</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm still at work.  Big exciting plan for me tonight is a PB&H with a percocet chaser.  My back is getting better but after work all day is starting to kill me. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]
    I read that as PB&J and my mouth watered.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm out of J - have to use honey instead.  :)
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I made one gorgeous frigging omlette for dinner. Im just sad its all gone now :( lol

I just had to tweek the budget hardcore - we took vin to the vet last week and two of his front teeth are all gross (the gums are discoloured and the teeth wiggle) and they need to get pulled soon so that stuff getting into his gums dont rot the other teeth. Its a pug issue, apparently. Going to cost 800 freaking dollars to do. We can afford it but it still really burns my ass cause I had wanted to put that towards debt repayment or savings or something. Little dude comes first though.
  • Nebb- That sucks. I hate unexpected things like that, especially super expensive ones. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Ive been anticipating it. We noticed his teeth issue a few weeks ago but I waited until his vet appointment to bring it up, and that is the quote they gave me. Its so hard to brush the little buggers teeth too cause it squishes his face up and he cant breath so he never lets you in his mouth.
  • Nebb that stinks. We recently had to have Sadie put under to have her teeth cleaned. She has bad vet anxiety and I guess her teeth were bad from only eating soft food. We spayed her at te same time so it was expensive. She has two teeth on the bottom that are loose that we can get out if we want, but it's doing no damage and seems senseless. Omelette sounds awesome right now.
    imageVacation
  • Mmm, omelette sounds delicious.  I just got home and started dinner, so it's pasta for me.  It'd be mac and cheese, but I have neither milk nor butter.  Nor wine.  Clearly I'm grocery shopping wrong.

Nebb, that sucks with the furry one.  Our oldest dog is actually toothless at this point, and her lower jaw has shrunk with nothing to hold it in place.  We now have to hand feed her since she can't actually get food into her mouth.  Poor baby.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Well I had bought a italian marinated turkey tenderloin, wild rice and zuchini to grill but FI has decided that we should do B-dubs instead and go watch the Tigers/Indians game so we're gonna go with that. Which is slightly annoying but I love B-dubs so I'm over it.

WR: we are sooo close to having everything paid off. I CAN'T WAIT. I'm gonna buy champagne and celebrate! We just need like 2 days to confirm our final amount with our venue and then the check goes in the mail!

We need to pack tonight because we go on the road tomorrow :(

June 16, 2012
  • Peek- What does "I french with my man in your sig mean?" Also, are you a piano teacher?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • The lady doing my pedicure apparently thinks slapping the shiiiiit out of my legs and feet is a massage. Ummmm stop beating me immediately.
    imageVacation
  • peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-here-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b5475ec0-3180-4f1e-916e-ce5867503285Post:73a388ca-d45d-464d-81fe-a1b04bba4821">Re: Nevermind- Brandi beat me</a>:
    [QUOTE]Peek- What does "I french with my man in your sig mean?" Also, are you a piano teacher?
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha, I'm not a piano teacher.</div><div>
    </div><div>We had a girl on NEY a few weeks ago who was all "I want to get married nao", but felt the need to explain her relationship status in such a way as to tell us that they do shirts off massages, hardly ever french, and don't have sex.  But they have shirts off massages.  It was so bizzare that she felt the need to give us all of that information, and we were like "Um, how old are you? 12?"  Who uses the term "french" anymore?</div>
    I french with my man
  • Oh man nebb that sucks!! Dog teeth are soo expensive. I just got a quote to have Finleys teeth cleaned and  what it would be if he needed a couple extractions, and it was around 700. It is just as bad as the dentist for actual people :P

So, instead, I had my coworker come and clean his teeth.

Just enjoying some great thunderstorms here and waiting for H to come home from the liquor store and Culvers.
  • Hola everyone. I'm waiting for the storms to roll through. I hope it cools off the house!  Speaking of which, we decided to buy a new a/c. WAY less than we thought it would be. Someone from the utility company came out and gave us quotes on two models. Then a local HVAC company came out and gave us a very similar quote, but for model that's one step-up.  They had a $750 coupon, plus a $200 referral (from a friend) PLUS a discount because of where H works. (Tech college that the HVAC company partners with a lot.) So we kind of got a steal- a $4600 unit for $3100, fully installed, etc. 

woop woop. We have to run our credit (0% financing for two years. why not), and hopefully they can set an appt for Friday already! I'LL HAVE AIR CONDITIONING AGAIN BY THE WEEKEND. I am so excited. no more sleeping in the basement with the puppies. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-here-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b5475ec0-3180-4f1e-916e-ce5867503285Post:ffb23a25-8a39-4181-9a0e-c6316cecf4be">Re: Nevermind- Brandi beat me</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nevermind- Brandi beat me : Haha, I'm not a piano teacher. We had a girl on NEY a few weeks ago who was all "I want to get married nao", but felt the need to explain her relationship status in such a way as to tell us that they do shirts off massages, hardly ever french, and don't have sex.  But they have shirts off massages.  It was so bizzare that she felt the need to give us all of that information, and we were like "Um, how old are you? 12?"  Who uses the term "french" anymore?
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]
    Haha, that made me laugh. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Al Capone, what's the date?  Your bio won't come up for some reason. 

Nebb, have you ever tried the finger tip toothbrush on Vin?  You can just run your finger under his lips so you don't have to squish up his already squishy face more. 
  • LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Hi Steph! I feel like I haven't "seen you around" lately and was thinking about you today.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-here-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b5475ec0-3180-4f1e-916e-ce5867503285Post:3b803ab0-e20e-4fd2-be9c-ba9966b5d5b6">Re: Nevermind- Brandi beat me</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Steph! I feel like I haven't "seen you around" lately and was thinking about you today.
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

<div>Work is nuts right now, and will be up until the end of August. Plus we've had the cable company out off and on and now peple here giving us estimates on a/c.  oy. I'm considering taking PTO on Friday just to have a day to breathe. (We're busy all weeeknd.)</div><div>
    </div><div>BUT We went to IKEA today and picked up both dressers. And they even fit in my car! I feel bad though- the boxes were really heavy, so I couldn't help H at all. He lugged them into the car and then upstairs when we got home.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-here-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b5475ec0-3180-4f1e-916e-ce5867503285Post:12c1e388-6f74-4da5-806a-53fb27c8c66c">Re: Nevermind- Brandi beat me</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nevermind- Brandi beat me : Work is nuts right now, and will be up until the end of August. Plus we've had the cable company out off and on and now peple here giving us estimates on a/c.  oy. I'm considering taking PTO on Friday just to have a day to breathe. (We're busy all weeeknd.) BUT We went to IKEA today and picked up both dressers. And they even fit in my car! I feel bad though- the boxes were really heavy, so I couldn't help H at all. He lugged them into the car and then upstairs when we got home.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]
    Did you get a dresser for your room too or both for the nursery? When I first moved to VA, I went to Ikea alone because I didn't know anyone and had to lug that stuff up the steps to a 3rd floor. One box was too heavy to I had to open it in my car and take a million trips up. Not fun. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • We get some crazy girls over there.  It makes for good entertainment.

I think my last NEY related sig quote was "I don't validate crazy" after some girl tried to report me for telling her that she can't be unofficially engaged and planning a wedding.
    I french with my man
  • That sucks. When we lived in our apartment, I wanted to surprise H with a new entertainment center. I paid the $49 for them to deliver it (almost 500 pounds worth of stuff) and carry it up 3 flights of stairs. 

We got the wide (8 drawer) Hemnes for the nursery, and the tall (6 drawer) Hemnes for our room.  The dresser we have in there now is the Malm, that I got for $120... 6 years (and 5 moves) ago. It served its time. ;)
  • Evening. I'm eating dinner and browsing the Internet. H is watching some stupid car show on the Discover Channel.

Nebb, we had Whisky's teeth cleaned once. I won't do it again due to his age, but he really needed it. It is expensive though, which sucks. Although it is funny, in a sad way, when they wake up and act drunk.

I just wrote a check for a personal loan and now I'm down to $300. Sweet. The deal was to pay it off in 2 years, and it looks like I'll be able to make that happen.
  • Sesh , as always, glad to hear you're eating AND paying bills.
    imageVacation
  • Steph- I had the Hemnes before we moved and I liked it a lot, we just had to get rid of some stuff. If Ikea wasn't 3 hours away, I would have gotten it for here.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm sitting here watching "True Life" on MTV and thinking about finding something else to eat.  I'm starving the last two days or so.  I'm also doing some work while I sit here.

Steph, I have that Hemnes dresser and really like it-- granted, I've only had it since November so it hasn't had long to suck.  
    Nebb, sorry about your pup's teeth :(

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards