June 2012 Weddings

EXPIRED

2»

Re: EXPIRED

• Perhaps this wasn't the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc time grammar was an issue that made people's eyes cross trying to get through the novel, I mean post.  Maybe this was just the one that Midge decided to say something.
  • I will be spending the night at my mom's. So will my sister and niece. My FI will spend the night at our home.
    image Cheering on Xan921 & akcrrr (congrats!) DX with PCOS - 11/2012 **2000mg Metformin ** DH S/A = "ideal" ** HSG - All Clear In There! **Clomid Cycle next CD3**
  • I will be staying at my parents' house which will be both fun (they will have a house full with my sister, aunt and uncle, and a family friend) but a little odd. I haven't lived at home for over 7 years not counting college when I was only home for summer. It has been over 3 years since I even spent the night at their house.  

FI will be at the hotel where our OOT guests will be. He is excited to have a night to catch up with family and friends before the big day. 

It will be super weird not sleeping with FI and our dogs. But I know that my sister and I will be having our usual slumber party which means we will be up talking all night. Hoping she can bring some calm to me the night before the wedding. 
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • I think everyone needs to stop defending their buddies! :) it seems that the same kind of offenses are tolerated if they are made by someone who has been here for a longer time. and they are not, if it is a new person. it's just getting tiring. it didn't contribute to the thread in any way and that in turn is something that bothers me. it is not like the author used some sort of horrible mix of slang, street terms and made up words all of which were misspelled etc.
    I feel more and more like withdrawing from the community because of the double standart.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:c3512c18-84f7-4f88-8388-61d3d9df8796Post:ffca93b3-160f-4490-91c7-14669ba2b65c">Re: Are You...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think everyone needs to stop defending their buddies! :) it seems that the same kind of offenses are tolerated if they are made by someone who has been here for a longer time. and they are not, if it is a new person. it's just getting tiring. it didn't contribute to the thread in any way and that in turn is something that bothers me. it is not like the author used some sort of horrible mix of slang, street terms and made up words all of which were misspelled etc. I feel more and more like withdrawing from the community because of the double standart.
    Posted by precamies[/QUOTE]

No one is going to stop you!

And for the record if someone with two posts corrected spelling I wouldn't bat an eye.
  • I gladly call out anyone's grammar mistakes precamies. Gladly. I've even called out Megbo before and she's one of my best "buddies" on here.
  • I would hope Midge would call me out if I was being annoying with my typing style, spelling and grammar!  It's seriously just hard to read walls of text, text without proper punctuation and really poor grammar.
  • I think this needs to stop being about new girls vs. older regs. It's about property grammar and not typing like a 7th grader on AIM.
  • though, it is. and the last few comments just proved it. over time as a newcommer I have noticed that there IS a double standard. what would be considered rude by one poster is not by another. if you need to correct that grammar issue by all means, then it can be pointed out in a way that is not condescending. it seems like I'm not the first one to point out the old/new thing, so maybe, just maybe, you ought to think about it.

:D and yeah, I know nobody is stopping me. it is not my attempt to make a spectacular exit, but bring your attention to the fact that there is a group of people here that comes off as bullies to some others.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:c3512c18-84f7-4f88-8388-61d3d9df8796Post:6010ab74-4c70-4f0d-81d1-186b96892965">Re: Are You...</a>:
    [QUOTE]though, it is. and the last few comments just proved it. over time as a newcommer I have noticed that there IS a double standard. what would be considered rude by one poster is not by another. if you need to correct that grammar issue by all means, then it can be pointed out in a way that is not condescending. it seems like I'm not the first one to point out the old/new thing, so maybe, just maybe, you ought to think about it. :D and yeah, I know nobody is stopping me. it is not my attempt to make a spectacular exit, but bring your attention to the fact that there is a group of people here that comes off as <strong>bullies</strong> to some others.
    Posted by precamies[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Pfft. Seriously? You clearly cannot read. I made a mistake once.  Your versus you're.  Midge corrected me.  She actually JUST explained that to you.  So I'm failing to see the double standard.  </div><div>
    </div><div>It's possibly just a coincidence that anyone who posts with terrible grammar happens to be new.  Or, people learned their lessons, like a year ago, and improved their typing skills...</div>
  • It really doesn't prove anything. Hardly anyone even knows this grammar war is going on in here besides us so why would they come looking in here to put in their two cents about grammar? If you want proof that even newcomers/seldom posters can't stand the bad grammar, go look at the Therapy Thursday thread. There's someone in there whom I don't recognize agreeing with us.

While we are correcting grammar, did you know that the beginning of sentences should have capital letters?

Also, I believe I have helped several people not be embarassed in their real lives by correcting grammar and spelling on items they've posted here they would display in their real life.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:c3512c18-84f7-4f88-8388-61d3d9df8796Post:320f579f-cdbf-40f5-8532-f2edb8e7607c">Re: Are You...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are You... : Pfft. Seriously? You clearly cannot read. I made a mistake once.  Your versus you're.  Midge corrected me.  She actually JUST explained that to you.  So I'm failing to see the double standard.   It's <strong>possibl</strong>y just a coincidence that anyone who posts with terrible grammar happens to be new.  Or, people learned their lessons, like a year ago, and improved their typing skills...
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

<div>POSSIBLE.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • edited May 2012
    I can read quite well, thank you.
    however, commentaries like this is what I'm talking about.
    I have been reasonable about the way I express my opinion, no need to get hasty.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards