Snarky Brides

Annoyances

124»

Re: Annoyances

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_annoyances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e4e18a3c-b28f-4af0-afa0-71dcb8a1254dPost:80b397cb-3478-4daa-9e7e-3a642a23a8ae">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Annoyances : Maybe?  But some say it was because of environmental reasons, or his Green Energy Agenda.  He promised a lot with Green Energy when he was running, and hasnt come through with much since.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

That doesn't make much sense to me when it's not necessarily green to have the shiit shipped across the ocean, lol.  Don't ships run on that stuff too?  FFS.

I dunno, this whole thing is just beyond my realm of comprehension.
    panther
  • Celles- then what is your solution?  Let us all go broke because of gas?  Its going to happen anyway because there is no other option for us.  We need fuel.  Period.  The green energy that is available right now is enough for 2% of us.  Thats not acceptable to me.  Punish us because they cant figure out a green solution? 
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • A lady in my office keeps calling me to ask the most ridiculous obvoius questions. As if I have nothing better to do than listen to her talk. There should be a limit on how many times an indivdual can call me in one day. She surpassed that limit at 10am this morning.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_annoyances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e4e18a3c-b28f-4af0-afa0-71dcb8a1254dPost:b2ca0b57-1b2a-4736-8383-82cc18bb27b7">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Annoyances : I thought OPEC had most of the control when it comes to production, supply, and therefore pricing?  Am I being lied to?  Is it Obama's fault? I need the proper scapegoat.
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

Its Bushs fault.  Duh.

No for real though, im not saying that he prices it out, im just saying that he has the chance to free up the market for us by finding other sources of fuel (Canadian pipeline) and wont.  His reasons for not drilling are debatable.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't have a solution.  That's the entire point.  We -- as a society, if not as a species -- won't be motivated to find a solution until it becomes less expensive to do so than it is to continue consuming a finite and thus limited resource.  It isn't about "punishing" anyone.  It's about tipping the economic scales towards the pursuit of sustainable energy sooner rather than later, because I'm afraid that any later than now will be too late.
  • I thought Obama said he DIDN'T want gas prices to go up this year, since he's up for reelection.  Or are you saying that politicians lie/bend the truth?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_annoyances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e4e18a3c-b28f-4af0-afa0-71dcb8a1254dPost:40ab7856-3e0b-4cd7-85b5-fa22e048780a">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have a solution.  That's the entire point.  We -- as a society, if not as a species -- won't be motivated to find a solution until it becomes less expensive to do so than it is to continue consuming a finite and thus limited resource.  It isn't about "punishing" anyone.  It's about tipping the economic scales towards the pursuit of sustainable energy sooner rather than later, because I'm afraid that any later than now will be too late.
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

So because the politicians have not found a way to make green energy possible for the masses, we should all go bankrupt?  That doesnt make sense Celles.  There isnt even real proof that converting to green energy is possible on such a massive scale.  And not everyone can afford a Prius or an electric car.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's going to have to make sense at some point, Blue, because we will eventually run out of fossil fuels. 

• Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_annoyances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e4e18a3c-b28f-4af0-afa0-71dcb8a1254dPost:bd7495f5-f30a-4472-b318-17f71fd7a6fe">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's going to have to make sense at some point, Blue, because we will eventually run out of fossil fuels. 
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

I just think it needs to be done over time.  With plenty of time to prepare.  This is going to seriously effect many things from gas in your own car, to raised prices at stores (goods are transported by trucks, and diesel fuel is going to go through the damn roof). 

People in the transportation business are going to go under.  People like my father who has to pay for that fuel to gas up his big rigs.  He will have to lay people off too.  But if its all in the name of the environment, then so be it right?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_annoyances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e4e18a3c-b28f-4af0-afa0-71dcb8a1254dPost:b8539f9b-e5cc-458a-ac13-07106dcd0f61">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Annoyances : I<strong> just think it needs to be done over time.  With plenty of time to prepare.</strong>  This is going to seriously effect many things from gas in your own car, to raised prices at stores (goods are transported by trucks, and diesel fuel is going to go through the damn roof).  People in the transportation business are going to go under.  People like my father who has to pay for that fuel to gas up his big rigs.  He will have to lay people off too.  But if its all in the name of the environment, then so be it right?
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

Exactly. 
    <p>
    See, it seems to me that all of your "solutions" are all short-term Band-aids.  They may increase supply for a few decades, but they will also lull us into back into a false sense of security and the equally false belief that our resources are infinite, which they aren't.  In a generation or two, we'll be in an even worse position, because we'll have the same dwindling supply without the safety net of the time or reserves that we have now. 

So, to me, rising gas prices are a sign that we need to <em>start</em> taking this seriously -- for the environment, yes, but also for our long-term national and economic security.  I don't want to see anyone go bankrupt... but if I have to chose the lesser evil, it's seeing people struggle to fill their tanks now if it means accepting that we have a problem and working to overcome it, rather than ignoring it for as long as possible and eventually plunging entire world into a war for resources.  At the very least, this way, we can say we saw it coming.</p>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_annoyances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e4e18a3c-b28f-4af0-afa0-71dcb8a1254dPost:5c82ff83-9547-484b-8fa7-590d58e3bde4">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Annoyances : This happened to me. Mine exploded right after taking it out of the oven.   Glass shards and meat drippings all over the damn kitchen. Didn't stop me from buying a whole set of new pyrex though.

Really?? That seems so dangerous, like they should recall it and make a better product. Yikes. I use my Pyrex all the time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My annoyances are mostly work-related, and I am just so tired of complaining about work. And I'm sure you guys are sick of hearing about it, too.

And is it bad that I'm annoyed at the fact that the friends I was supposed to go out with on Friday night changed locations from a place that's 15 minutes away (where I can take side streets) to a place that's 45 minutes away (where I have to take the highway)? I'm just not comfortable driving that far of a distance on a Friday night during Spring break in Miami. It was bad enough on New Year's when I got sideswiped by a drunk driver, now I can only imagine how bad it'll be now.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_annoyances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e4e18a3c-b28f-4af0-afa0-71dcb8a1254dPost:88b13650-4c92-41fb-b9d9-22369ff2d479">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Annoyances : Honestly, I think mine was partly user error. I put the broiler on at the very end of cooking.  I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to put pyrex under the broiler, but I figured hey it's only for 5-6 minutes. No biggie. I was wrong.  I placed the dish on top of a cold stove top after taking it out and bam, explosion.  I think it was to much of a temp change.

<div>I've heard this can happen with lids to your pots as well. They're super hot coming off the top of cooking food and then you set it down on your stove and BAM. Glass everywhere. I don't know if it's true, but I always try to air my lids off a little before setting them down. That's probably really ridiculous of me, but whatever.</div>
  • I'm annoyed by life in general today. There's been some upheaval at work, and I'm a little panicked that my department won't exist when I come back from mat leave. Nobody seems to know what's going on, so I'm stressing out.

Plus, H is being a total PITA over this trip we're trying to plan, and arguing with me over $120 now that I've managed to get our fares down to the so-very-close-but-not-quite-budget range. The extra $120 would give us an additional 8 hours in Jamaica, all told, and he's fighting me. The whole trip itself is fairly pricey, and I'm at the point where I'm like, we're spending a few grand on this last big trip and you want to fight me for $120? I kind of blasted him today for being short-sighted and now I'm annoyed that I'll have to go home and continue this discussion with him. Wow, first world problems at their finest.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_annoyances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e4e18a3c-b28f-4af0-afa0-71dcb8a1254dPost:9903258d-b966-4edd-88bd-e25eb0cc0306">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Annoyances : I've heard this can happen with lids to your pots as well. They're super hot coming off the top of cooking food and then you set it down on your stove and BAM. Glass everywhere. I don't know if it's true, but I always try to air my lids off a little before setting them down. That's probably really ridiculous of me, but whatever.
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

I've shattered thick ceramic bowls by putting hot stew in them during the winter, it can happen.
  • Interesting about the new pyrex.  I have a couple casserole dishes that are newer pyrex but really, if I do buy any more pyrex it will be vintage.  That stuff is tres cooler anyway.
    panther
  • Ugh, I just got all set to make dinner and the sausage I had pulled out of the freezer to make pasta with was bad. I guess it sat in the fridge for too long before I froze it. 

I had just gotten back from our neighborhood grocery store when I opened it and i don't feel like going back there. I also don't want to eat out because I am sick of all the restaurants in our neighborhood and none of the delivery places appeal to me. 

I'm obviously also in first world problem land. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Everytime I refresh SB, I'm reminded that calling pregnant women "preggo" annoys me.  Thanks Chels.  :P

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards