Christian Weddings

Ideas

All right, ladies. This board has been extremely quiet lately and Easter has passed.

Anyone have any ideas for ways to keep the board a little more active? I know this board hasn't ever been super active, but it makes me sad that it's basically silent beyond a few (2-3) regs.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Re: Ideas

• I agree. I want this board to be more active.  I think in order to be a community we need to find some way to bond as a community.  <-- that sounds kind of silly but I don't know what else to say lol. 
    Ideas:
    Open letter Wednesdays

That is all I have right now, I need to shower before I go to class.  I'll be back later to add some more ideas. 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Raven--Could you explain more what Open Letter Wednesday would be??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_ideas-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:5027492a-a58d-49a3-bb86-65026c304223Post:ac0d6a51-3b7a-49e3-bc31-d24a47963fde">Re: Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Raven--Could you explain more what Open Letter Wednesday would be??
    Posted by rel1988[/QUOTE]
    <p style="margin-bottom:0.0001pt;line-height:normal;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;">Sure!</span><span style="font-size:12pt;font-family:'Times New Roman', serif;"></span></p> <p style="margin-bottom:0.0001pt;line-height:10.5pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;">Basically you just post "letter" about things in your life or TK.  </span></p> <p style="margin-bottom:0.0001pt;line-height:10.5pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;"> </span></p> <p style="margin-bottom:0.0001pt;line-height:10.5pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;">Like this:</span></p> <p style="margin-bottom:0.0001pt;line-height:10.5pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;">Dear H,</span></p> <p style="margin-bottom:0.0001pt;line-height:10.5pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;">I love you.  You are such a great husband, thanks for letting me hog the bed.</span></p> <p style="margin-bottom:0.0001pt;line-height:10.5pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;">Love,</span></p> <p style="margin-bottom:0.0001pt;line-height:10.5pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;">Your wife.</span></p> <p style="margin-bottom:0.0001pt;line-height:10.5pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;">Dear Christian Board,</span></p> <p style="margin-bottom:0.0001pt;line-height:10.5pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;">I really hope we become more active because I love this place but I think everyone secretly fears stepping on each other’s toes, so people don't post.  </span></p> <p style="margin-bottom:0.0001pt;line-height:10.5pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;">love, </span></p> <p style="margin-bottom:0.0001pt;line-height:10.5pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;">ravenray </span></p> <p style="margin-bottom:0.0001pt;line-height:10.5pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;"> </span></p> <p style="margin-bottom:0.0001pt;line-height:10.5pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;">Get it?</span></p>
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Yea. I know Ash was posting things like "Survey Tuesdays"

I'm trying to keep up with Thankful Thursdays (I like them, does anyone else?)
    I like the idea of OLW - I saw it on another board today and it gets some pretty good responses.

And raven, I totally agree with you. Cheesy as it might be, I think it would help get the board more active. 
  • I like the surveys too. 

Sorry, I've been really busy lately.  Out of town for various reasons then scrambling to catch up on school-work when I get back.  I should be reading right now, but adobe reader spazzed on me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I like posting things but we need people to interact.  That is what makes a community.  Surveys are great and so are thankful Thursdays but if no one else comments on anyone's posts, I feel like it is almost pointless sometimes.  I have been totally guilty of this and I am trying to change my habits for this board. 

This is not saying I don't like surveys and TT, I do and I enjoy reading them :) I just need to make sure I respond to people in the thread. 

Married! May 27th, 2012

• I agree, raven. That's why I'm trying to think of things that people would actually respond to! Or, would consider responding to. I know everyone is busy but it makes me sad that everyone has stopped posting.

I'm not taking this personally, but there seems to be a trend when I "take over" things. (Young adults group at church: I started teaching, 4 people show up instead of the normal 10-12. I become mod, everyone stops posting. Boo. No worries, though, I still love y'all) *shrugs* People are probably just very busy. No worries! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_ideas-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:5027492a-a58d-49a3-bb86-65026c304223Post:8f5ec718-734c-42e8-9e64-028a630c5c79">Re: Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ideas : Sure! Basically you just post "letter" about things in your life or TK.     Like this: Dear H, I love you.  You are such a great husband, thanks for letting me hog the bed. Love, Your wife. Dear Christian Board, I really hope we become more active because I love this place but I think everyone secretly fears stepping on each other’s toes, so people don't post.   love,  ravenray    Get it?
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]
    We did this on my month board and it was a good idea. People got really honest and it let them get things off their chest
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • would peple be up to do the "ask me anything" thread again?

another popular game was there would be a theme and people had to name something that goes with that theme down the ABC's. 
  • I'm not opposed to them but I was kind of put off by all the rules that went around them.   I'm not going to ask anyone the weirdest place they have had sex, it's the Christian board.  Even if someone did, you can always choose to ignore them.  I would be more interest if the rules were removed but I know the rules made people feel safe, just my opinion. 

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Okay so, OLW seems like a popular "yes". My month board just started doing it, Ash, and it's getting good response.

I like the idea of the ask me anything thread - would every one be okay with the rule being, "Don't ask questions you wouldn't want your grandmother to see/answer"?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_ideas-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:5027492a-a58d-49a3-bb86-65026c304223Post:3adc82b2-400d-4a22-856e-0cf92f7edb43">Re: Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay so, OLW seems like a popular "yes". My month board just started doing it, Ash, and it's getting good response. I like the idea of the ask me anything thread - would every one be okay with the rule being, "<strong>Don't ask questions you wouldn't want your grandmother to see/answer"?</strong>
    Posted by lplions[/QUOTE]

<div>I think this is a good rule to go by</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_ideas-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:5027492a-a58d-49a3-bb86-65026c304223Post:3adc82b2-400d-4a22-856e-0cf92f7edb43">Re: Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay so, OLW seems like a popular "yes". My month board just started doing it, Ash, and it's getting good response. I like the idea of the ask me anything thread - would every one be okay with the rule being, "Don't ask questions you wouldn't want your grandmother to see<strong>/answer</strong>"?
    Posted by lplions[/QUOTE]

omg, it's one thig to say "you don't want your grandmother to see."  "You don't want your grandmother to answer" is even worse!  Though I recently went to a bridal shower, and her grandmother seemed to have a few suggestions on how to wear an apron...
  • oh, here's another idea.  We could have "unpopular opinion" (UO) threads.  I've seen other boards do it.  We could do themes each week.  I think some boards tend to get into more political stuff, but with themes, this way we can keep on lighter subjects and keep it more fun.  Like UO: food (I would say I hate ketchup, which I don't think I can even spell correctly), UO: Movies, etc.  Also we wouldn't have a gush of fun UO and then run out of fun things to talk about either. 
  • I like the UO idea.  :)

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Hahaha! Okay. I'll start implementing some of these ideas. I also love the unpop ops threads, although it recently has caused a little bit of drama on my month board. Sigh. I think it's calmed down now, fortunately.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards