Wedding Invitations & Paper

Invites arrived in the wrong color...

Sorry, I just need to get this off my chest-

Our invites from DB arrived yesterday, and I was WICKED excited!  Having them in your hand just makes it all feel like I'm actually getting married, you know?  I was so excited to open the first box, and when I did, my face fell.  They're in the WRONG color.  Not the RVSP cards, those are right, but the invites are black, which was not what we chose.

Naturally, I panicked a bit, and scrambled around trying to find the confirmation I printed when I ordered them.  According to that, I didn't screw up at all, so there was a big sigh of relief.  I didn't do this. Other than the wrong color, the invites were perfect!  They looked fantastic!  I took a breath, called the company, and they were wonderful.  While I don't think they ever apologized for the mistake, the woman I talked to was very nice, and we should get the new ones in the mail by Friday.  PHEW.

So, everything will work out just fine, but I'm really nervous about what else is going to wrong.  This time we were lucky, it's an easy, quick fix.  I worry about everything, I'm scared that something major will go wrong.  I know this is normal, but I want to stop worrying now so that I don't get REALLY worked up over everything by the time July rolls around.   

This isn't a typical post I would make, but I just really needed to vent.  Thanks guys :)

Re: Invites arrived in the wrong color...

• Ick, that's scary! I'm so glad they're getting this fixed for you quickly. Come Friday, you're going to feel so much better!
  • So you're happy with the quality from DB?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_invites-arrived-in-the-wrong-color?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:768dcf04-0cf9-4a2e-8bcd-f2726c3f50d7Post:fbc4757d-d925-49f1-b6b4-1180a3cb37f3">Re: Invites arrived in the wrong color...</a>:
    [QUOTE]So you're happy with the quality from DB?
    Posted by Rachaellennon[/QUOTE]
    We were very happy with our DB invitations. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Yes!  The quality was fantastic!  I couldn't be happier with how they turned out!  You know, except for being the wrong color.  I'm just glad they were nice about it and were going to fix it right away.  The new ones should be in tomorrow!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_invites-arrived-in-the-wrong-color?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:768dcf04-0cf9-4a2e-8bcd-f2726c3f50d7Post:fbc4757d-d925-49f1-b6b4-1180a3cb37f3">Re: Invites arrived in the wrong color...</a>:
    [QUOTE]So you're happy with the quality from DB?
    Posted by Rachaellennon[/QUOTE]

I ordered mine from David's and was very happy, as well
  • The right ones arrived today!  They're beautiful, and I couldn't be happier with them! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards