Indiana

Roll Call -- Engaged Ladies

124»

Re: Roll Call -- Engaged Ladies

• edited December 2011
    hello my name is Saea and me and my fiance have been engaged for a year but are just now planning a wedding because my sister just had hers :) but we have the date set for Oct. 28th 2012!! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! My name is Amanda and I am marrying Mark on March 17th,2011. We are looking for old churches with pipe organs on the historical registry (my background is classical music and we both love history, he proposed at the Ren Faire!)

So pleased to meet you all, congrats to the gals that have since been married!

And..... YAY! So happy for you, to all the engaged folks we get to plan with!

Amanda
    I enjoy my job. I love my man. And, I thank God for both everyday. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, I'm Katie and my fiance is Joe.  I'm from Northwest Indiana and he is from Long Island.  We are getting married September 1, 2012 (his parents' anniversary!), at my uncle's house in Indy.  It's a budget wedding because we are paying for it ourselves, so I'm looking for any ideas for caterers.  That's our biggest hurdle so far.  Food is expensive!
  • edited December 2011
    My name is Krisin, my fiance is Jesse. I am 26, he's 28. We have been together for a year and 4 months.  He asked me to marry him on September 25th this year and we are getting married October 11, 2012.  We still havent planned a lot yet but I'm very excited to get started.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi. My name is Mary and I'm marrying Lucius on May 10, 2013. Plenty of time to plan. (: We're having a budget wedding because we're paying for it ourselves. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hello.  My name is Kandi.  My fiance's name is Kelsey.  We've been together since April 2011 and have been engaged since September 1st.  Our wedding date is November 17, 2012 and I ordered my dress TODAY!!!  Can't wait to keep going on more planning.  We will probably be doing a lot of DIY projects since we are trying to stay under a $5000 budget.  Congratulations to you all!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hello,

I just recently got engaged. I have been looking into reception halls and wedding venues in the fort wayne area. We really wanted to do a destination wedding, but the cost was to much for us and for the guests.

I was wondering what you thought of the latern reception hall. Was the food good? Do they offer a buffet or sit down? Is there anyone that you would recommend?

Thank you
  • edited December 2011
    Hiiiiiiiiiii! My name is Abigail and my FI is Cory! We just got engaged on Thanksgiving. It was in front of my parents and his parents...brave soul! :) We live in the small town of Crawfordsville, IN, and are having a budget wedding. We are paying for it ourselves. We have a beautiful daughter named, Sohpia Grace or SG as I like to call her! No set date yet since it's relying on our funds...shooting for summer of 2013...we shall see. Congrats to all of you :)
  • My name is Darcy and my fiance is Jacob. We were engaged on Thanksgiving Day here at our new house. I'm pretty overwhelmed because I'm the only girl in my family and have not as of yet had any close friends get marrier...but I'm really excited, too! We haven't set an official date, but we're thinking April 2013 because that'll be our 5 year anniversary together, but who knows. We'll be paying for the wedding ourselves, so I'm hoping to factor in some DIY in there to save some money! We live in Iowa and will be planning a wedding to take place somewhere in Indiana since it is more central to where our families live. So I really look forward to all of your great advice and expertise!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • I'm Teresa and my fiance is Joe!
    We're both from Indianapolis, where we'll be having a traditional wedding in September 2012. We got engaged on April 1, 2011 in France! :-)

I'm doing most of the planning myself and would love to collaborate and share ideas with all of you ladies!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Hiiii :) I'm Sam and my FI is Mike! We are currently seniors at UI and IUPUI in Indianapolis but are returning to NWI after college in May, so we will be getting married in Crown Point. We are taking the plunge on July 21, 2013. We are having a traditional Catholic ceremony but an all-out Vegas themed reception. It is going to be a BLAST! Still a long time to plan, we want to graduate and have jobs first because we are paying for most of the wedding ourselves. Best of luck to everyone and congrats! :)
  • Hello Ladies!
    My name is Ashlee and I recently got engaged to Adam. We are planning our wedding for the fall of 2013 for the Indianapolis or Bloomington area. We haven't looked around much other than on the internet but I would LOVE to have an outdoor wedding with an indoor venue for the reception and also as a back-up plan in case of bad weather. Graduation is quickly approaching in May and then the planning will really begin! I am extremely excited and feel like I am constantly changing my mind on everything; colors, location, theme...I can tell I am going to have a BLAST! Congratulations to each of you and I wish you the best of luck in your planning!
  • My name is Kristina and my fiance is James. I'm originally from Munster, IN, my fiance from Louisiana and we will be getting married September 16th, 2012 in Merrillville IN
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi! I'm Erin and my fiance is Marcus! We've been together for 5 years! Just got engaged on February 8, 2012! We are from Terre Haute, IN. I haven't been able to find much on here for the Terre Haute area. Looking for any and all unique venue ideas, etc!! We are planning to get married on April 6, 2013! Nothing booked yet though!! 
  • My name is Samantha, my fiance is Lucas, and we are getting married on April 27, 2013! We are planning to get married in Goshen, IN as that is where he lives and we attend church (I live in Elkhart).

Planning the reception is going to be a challenge, as I have multiple food allergies. Fortunately, I was able to find a baker that can make a dairy/soy/peanut free cake, so I can actually have some of my own wedding cake! (And not have to make it myself!)
  • Hello!!

My name is Nadiehsda & my FI name is Christopher. We're tying the knot September 20, 2014!!

We both currently reside in Rensselaer, IN. He'll be 24 & I'll be 21 when we get married. It's difficult looking for so many places to have the ceremony & reception site because we're on a very low budget trying to do this ourselves. One of the most difficult strides we have is that we have LOADS of family. I'm Mexican-American & my mom just me that my family from Mexico is applying for visa's to make it to our special day.

We're willing to go an hour out of the Lake Village/Roselawn/Morrocco/Rensselaer area. Seeinng that there is not much around us to begin with. Any advice BTB have would be greatly appreciated.

I know our date is far away, but it's the perfect amount of time to plan this just the way that we want(:

• My name is Marleah and my Fiance's name is Marcus. We've been together for almost a year now and engaged for 5 months. It seemed pretty early that he proposed to me but by the time we get married we'll have been together for right at two years. We met August 28th of 2011 and we've set our date for Septemeber 28th, 2013 :) We were going to have an outdoor wedding but seeing as we have pretty bad luck with weather we're going to turn inside into outside! I'm pretty excited. I bought my dress exactly 6 days after Christmas (the day he proposed to me) and I wasn't expecting it but I fell in love with the dress. So now my goal is to be 1-2 dress sizes by my wedding, I bought my dress big just incase something happens to where I need it bigger! I'm still a little in-between on what colors I actually want to deem as our Wedding Colors..So far its more of a rustic fall theme. It's like red, orange, yellow, and a purple-ish color. Anyone have any idea how i should pick the colors? lol. We're from the Terre Haute/Brazil area and there isn't much around here. A few places we've looked at is Traditions Banquet Hall & the Renaissance in Brazil and Wasatcha Lake in Poland. All three are really pretty places :) All I can say is that I want time to be here already! Laughing
  • My name is Courtney and my fiance is Taylor. We have been together for 3 years and are planning our wedding for sometime in June next year in Fort Wayne! Hopefully at Botanical Gardens! I am graduating from nursing school next year and he is in the Air Force
    June 2013 Sig - Shoes
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi, 
    My name is Johanne and my fiance is Dan. We are both relocating to Indianapolis for new jobs and we are planning to get married there on May 25th. 

I am feeling a bit lost because I do not know the city at all and do not know where to start in finding affordable vendors for our venue and reception. I also realized that we may have to change our wedding date because it coincides with Indy 500. Our families will be coming from out of town and I wonder if it will be possible to have our wedding on memorial day weekend and Indy 500. Any thoughts? Thanks!
  • Hi! I'm Bonnie, and I'm 21. I honestly can't remember if I've already posted on here, so I'll go ahead and do it again. My fiance is Greg, and he's 25. We're both from Fort Wayne, so we're getting married here on August 10, 2013, at St. Jude Catholic Church. We're still planning every other aspect of it. We've been dating for about 2.5 years and engaged for one. I've known him since I was 15, but we didn't start dating until I was in college. We're waiting until after I graduate to get married. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Hi, I'm Alisha.  Engaged to Jason.  We're getting married in Argos, In October 6th 2012!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi, my name is April and my fiance is Brandon. I am from Northwest Indiana and he is originally from Peru, Indiana, but we live in Muncie now. I just graduated with my Bachelors from Ball State in May, and will be attending grad school this Fall. We plan on getting married on June 14, 2014 after I get my Master's degree. We have only decided on colors so far, but I am excited to really start planning! I've been looking online for venues, does anyone know of any good venues in the Muncie area? Thanks!
  • My name is Leanne, my fiance's name is Joe.  I will be 26 and Joe will be 27 years old when we wed on July 13, 2013  We were originally from Pendleton, Indiana, but now live in Anderson. We are searching for an outdoor/barn wedding venue in Madison County and I am a huge DIY. I'm also a graphic designer, hit me up if you need any wedding invites! I can do digital, offset, laser cut, or letterpress. :)
  • Hi, I'm Jayne and I;m getting married to the most perfect man (for me) I could ever have found on December 21, 2012 at midnight. It's the Winter Solstice so our anniversary won't be a set date, but it will be the same day every year! I went through 18 years of my life without ever having a "crush", but the second I saw Alex I was in love. It took us a month of attempted flirtings (neither of us believed the other was actually flirting), a couple of dates, and we've been solid for 2 and a half years. He is my bestfriend and he brings out the best in me.

Our wedding is "planned" just not purchased, once I find the venue it will all be downhill (fingers-crossed), but it's hard to find an industrial warehouse/building that will let us use their space. . .
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My name is Jessica and my fiance is Kyle.  He's from the Elkhart area and I'm originally from the Kokomo area and we live in Elkhart.  Our wedding is set for June 29, 2013 in Elkhart.  we have most everything set already, just need to figure out the small details.  Our ceremony will be at the Ruthmere Mansion with the reception at the Knights of Columbus, both right downtown.  The only major thing we haven't looked at yet is hotel accomodations since we will have lots of out of town guests.

• My name is Angela and my fiance is Tony. We live in Danville and are signing our venue contract in Edinburgh next week. Our wedding date is September 1, 2013. We'll be having a barn wedding, and we've been having a lot of fun finding ideas, especially for involving my 2 daughters.
  • edited October 2012
    *drum roll*
    My name is Becca and my fiance's name is Jon.
    I'm 21 and he's old. (JK he's only 24).
    We met through an online game called SecondLife in 2009.
    We live in the South Bend/Michiana area.
    We have no idea when our actual date will be set since I'm in college and we just got a new place to rent that needs major fixing up.
    Money's tight right now, which is why we plan on a DIY wedding.
    Our original idea is to do an old world circus type theme with our own little quirks in them.

I can't wait to get to know some of you and I'm excited to be able to be a part of this! :D

--Becca
  • Hi ladies!! I'm Laura, and my fiance, Phoenix, and I have been together for almost 2 years. We're looking at getting married in October 2013, in his home church in Brownsburg. We met at Purdue in October 2010, and then we graduated in May 2011. 

We don't have a "theme" but the overlying style from what we've been talking about so far is subtle elegance. I haven't tried on any dresses yet and I am so looking forward to it!!

I currently live in Virginia, but we're 90% sure we'll be settling down in Indiana. Long distance relationships are hard as it is, and adding wedding planning from a distance?? It's crazy! Hahaha

• Hello Ladies,
    My name is Paula and I am engaged to Tom. We are an older couple with 6 kids between us. 3 still in school. This will be my first marriage. We are getting married August 16, 2014, the day before his birthday! His parents are allowing us to use their very huge backyard to marry and have the reception. Right now we live about 1hr away from each other but are relocating together soon  in the middle(Warsaw). He is a drummer and I am a Medical Assist. We are going to have a small Wedding of just Family(21pple) and then a big ass backyard reception (PARTY!!) So far are Venue, DJ are free. Found a very inexpensive photograph and 3 banquet tables loaned to us for free. My future sister-n-law offered to design our invites but I still could use some major help. I am doing this on my own with some help from him and a budget of 5,ooo to 6,ooo. Colors are burnt orange/deep lavender.Smile
  • My name is Christina my fiance is Chris we live in Alexandria, In. We are to be married May 17, 2014. This is our second wedding each so we are  paying for it. Any advice or help with cost cutting appreciated.

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana_roll-call-engaged-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:97Discussion:10309138Post:10309138">Roll Call -- Engaged Ladies</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have a lot amazing married ladies on here, but I am getting some of them and some of the engaged ones confused.If you are planning your wedding, could you give us your wedding date and any other information you would like to share? If you are a lurker, feel free to introduce yourself and join in!
    Posted by zaogirlo5[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards