Wedding Party

HELP!! Bridesmaid Backed Out!!!!!

2»

Re: HELP!! Bridesmaid Backed Out!!!!!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_help-bridesmaid-backed-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:50d48b3a-6948-4039-b499-a7ca26f10fa2Post:42915e0c-72de-4508-8cf2-77170c39ece0">Re: HELP!! Bridesmaid Backed Out!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love how MandiCam didn't want to offend anyone if they had kids young but doesn't mind offending everyone by calling them a-holes.
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]
    And she does want to offend people who have dogs instead of kids.  Because obviously they're just a poor woman's substitute for offspring? 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_help-bridesmaid-backed-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:50d48b3a-6948-4039-b499-a7ca26f10fa2Post:42915e0c-72de-4508-8cf2-77170c39ece0">Re: HELP!! Bridesmaid Backed Out!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love how MandiCam didn't want to offend anyone if they had kids young but doesn't mind offending everyone by calling them a-holes.

<div>Yeah, I'm not really able to make sense of anything that she's talking about, and I've given up trying to think about it logically.  Maybe she will get banned for calling everyone a-holes and we won't have to struggle through her nonsensical comments anymore.</div>
  • You don't need to worry about Mandi Cam anymore. What I do worry about is how many more FI's are going to come on here when their SO's don't get the advice they want to hear ?
  • What in the holy hell is going on today?!
    my blog - for the love of ein
    'Next time, just fart.' - BriSox81
  • It makes me sad that OP found someone to breed with, and that our future is filled with their rude and nasty kids.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_help-bridesmaid-backed-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:50d48b3a-6948-4039-b499-a7ca26f10fa2Post:0968e66c-5f3e-4e3d-9893-0b6004ada8fa">Re: HELP!! Bridesmaid Backed Out!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish I knew were brides got this idea about even sides.  That is not, and never has been, a tradition. <strong>Are numbers more important than people? </strong> Will you really tell a friend, "I want you as a bridesmaid, but you are the seventh of my friends.  I had to cut someone, and decided I liked the other six more than you, so you can't be in my wedding." Would you SAY that to them?  I hope not.  You may be certain, however, that they know that's what you did.  <strong>When you look at your wedding album on your 25th anniversary, will you see the loving faces of friends when you look at photos of your wedding party, or will you count heads to see how many people are in them?</strong> Will you look at that picture of the bridesmaids and feel like a complete jerk because Nancy isn't there?  "I didn't ask Nancy to be a bridesmaid because that would have given us uneven sides.  Nancy sat with me in the ER that awful night when Bob had the heart attack.  She took care of the kids for us when we were in the car wreck.  I should have treated her better." Numbers should NEVER be more important than friends. Lastly - you came here for advice.  You got very polite advice that recommended that you not compound your original mistake by ensuring your friend knows she was a runner-up.  Leave your wedding party As Is.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

So very, very true.  I also don't know where even sides came from.  It honestly didn't cross my mind when I started planning who to ask. 

OP, I don't think there is a way to ask this girl to be a bridesmaid at this point without making her feel like a replacement.  You will have to find another way to include her. 

• OP if you come back... here's what you do when you have uneven sides: 

Anniversary
  • d2vad2va member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_help-bridesmaid-backed-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:50d48b3a-6948-4039-b499-a7ca26f10fa2Post:f286aa10-fd65-44ce-9794-e6c040471449">Re: HELP!! Bridesmaid Backed Out!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]OP if you come back... here's what you do when you have uneven sides: 
    Posted by Jessalyn2013[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>My brother will be walking with two of my ladies</div><div>
    </div><div>PIMP DADDDDYYY<span style="white-space:pre;" class="Apple-tab-span"> </span>;)</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_help-bridesmaid-backed-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:50d48b3a-6948-4039-b499-a7ca26f10fa2Post:1ebd26e9-9849-4c3a-b018-8cb2d2cf9b21">Re:HELP!! Bridesmaid Backed Out!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You don't need to worry about Mandi Cam anymore. What I do worry about is how many more FI's are going to come on here when their SO's don't get the advice they want to hear ?
    Posted by banana468[/QUOTE]

I actually laughed about that last night.  Wondering how that scene went down "waaaaaaaaaaaaa,  sweetheart, these rude bride bi*ches are being mean to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.  Go beat them up!!!"  <insert food stomp />
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_help-bridesmaid-backed-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:50d48b3a-6948-4039-b499-a7ca26f10fa2Post:7b3d99c0-969f-4c90-a461-88a18318a867">Re:HELP!! Bridesmaid Backed Out!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:HELP!! Bridesmaid Backed Out!!!!! : I actually laughed about that last night.  Wondering how that scene went down "waaaaaaaaaaaaa,  sweetheart, these rude bride bi*ches are being mean to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.  Go beat them up!!!"  <insert food stomp />
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]

I find it more hilarious that the person coming to the bride's defense insults everyone else for "hiding behind a computer screen"... well riddle me this, what is the fiance hiding behind?
    Anniversary
  • Our at my wedding where a bm couldn't make it due to being a new mommy, my other bm walked with 2 gm. She had fun with it!

• AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_help-bridesmaid-backed-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:50d48b3a-6948-4039-b499-a7ca26f10fa2Post:7b3d99c0-969f-4c90-a461-88a18318a867">Re:HELP!! Bridesmaid Backed Out!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:HELP!! Bridesmaid Backed Out!!!!! : I actually laughed about that last night.  Wondering how that scene went down "waaaaaaaaaaaaa,  sweetheart, these rude bride bi*ches are being mean to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.  Go beat them up!!!"  <insert food stomp />
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]
    Same here. I was telling my husband about it, and he was like, "Uhhh, yeah. I would never come defend you on a messageboard; I'd tell you to not log on there again if you didn't like the people."<div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2013
    Never in a million years would I go to DH to fight my Internet battles. Furthermore, he'd never ask to be involved. He'd probably laugh and send me an XKCD cartoon about being wrong on the Internet.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_help-bridesmaid-backed-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:50d48b3a-6948-4039-b499-a7ca26f10fa2Post:daaa7569-f357-477c-a89e-b499808a8e71">Re: HELP!! Bridesmaid Backed Out!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Must be easy to hide behind a computer and scrutinize someone you've never met. Especially when they are sincerely asking for advice. How sad. Get a life lonely souls....or maybe adopt a pet. Sincerely, The man who actually knows Kate and can't wait to marry her!
    Posted by KateJay513[/QUOTE]

I was unaware this was a personal diary or Dear Abby blog....

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_help-bridesmaid-backed-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:50d48b3a-6948-4039-b499-a7ca26f10fa2Post:83e62533-fc69-4532-a779-bc79d8c0b653">Re:HELP!! Bridesmaid Backed Out!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:HELP!! Bridesmaid Backed Out!!!!! : Same here. I was telling my husband about it, and he was like, "Uhhh, yeah. I would never come defend you on a messageboard; I'd tell you to not log on there again if you didn't like the people."

This is exactly what my FI would say.  Luckily, I would never, ever in a million years ask him something so ridiculous! LOL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards