Michigan-Lansing

Seamstress/Dressmaker recommendations

I am strongly considering getting my dress custom-made. It is something I have researched and am feeling more confident about by the minute. I feel like I might prefer to go with a local business vs. ordering through Etsy, another state, country, etc. Does anyone have any recommendations as far as a reputable dressmaker in Michigan? I live in the Lansing area, but will travel to meet with someone. I also travel to the Detroit area quite often as my family lives in the metro-Detroit area. Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Re: Seamstress/Dressmaker recommendations

• Try Hilda Schmidt.  You can contact her through the Wedding Bell in Okemos.  She doesn't work for Wedding Bell, just works out of their store.  She does amazing work. She made an outstanding MOB dress for a friend of mine, and I don't doubt she'd do a great work on a wedding dress.
  • edited April 2013
    I just tried on dresses at the Wedding Bell last weekend! I'll definitely contact her, thanks so much for the recommendation.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_seamstressdressmaker-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:96Discussion:06ebbc02-a84e-4432-83b2-486769049a80Post:c3100ad8-1830-45c6-bc1a-30ca42fe2c6f">Re: Seamstress/Dressmaker recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try Hilda Schmidt.  You can contact her through the Wedding Bell in Okemos.  She doesn't work for Wedding Bell, just works out of their store.  She does amazing work. She made an outstanding MOB dress for a friend of mine, and I don't doubt she'd do a great work on a wedding dress.
    Posted by gailpete[/QUOTE]
  • Hilda is phenomenal. Her work is amazing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards