Christian Weddings

Our first Open Letter Wednesday (OLW, not to be confused with OWLs)

In case you missed the suggestion/explanation by ravenray (thanks, girl!) this is OLW! Open Letter Wednesday goes something like this: if you could write an honest letter to absolutely anyone, what would it say? Normally it's something that's bugging you, or something that's awesome, etc.

For example,

Dear Crazy Neighbor Lady,
I'm pretty sure you are actually crazy. I am not "stealing your internet" nor do I have ANY idea how to hack into your computer. So, try accusing me again, and the police will get a 2nd report filed against you.
Love,
Practically Computer Illiterate

Re: Our first Open Letter Wednesday (OLW, not to be confused with OWLs)

• Dear Elbecko,

That sounds like a professor from hello, I'm sorry.  Hugs.

Love,

Ravenray

Dear Homework,

I really don't want to do you.  I really should, but I really don't want to.

No love,

the girl who is having a hard time getting back in the swing of doing homework

Dear friend who passed away,

You embodied Christ with your love on this Earth.  You were an inspiration to everyone around you and you loved everyone unconditionally.  You will be missed so much but I know you are so happy in Heaven.  

Love,

A grieving friend

Dear Mom,

It really weirds me out that you keep calling me to ask if I am ok.  I know that you grieve differently from me but you make me feel guilt for not being an emotional wreck on the floor every time you call me. I know you are trying to help but it’s getting on my nerves. 

Love,

Your daughter who grieves differently.  

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• ravenray, sorry to hear about the loss of your friend
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Dear fellow Employees:

I am fully aware that my desk is right by the only door to the upstairs offices.  It's incredibly distracting to have people walking by me all day long, and if I don't smile at every single one of you, it doesn't mean something is wrong.  It simply means that I am in focus mode, and that I don't have time to small talk with you.  Also, close the door.  Seriously, that's why I had to leave a note that a few of you pretend isn't there.  ALL. THE. TIME. 

Sincerely, 

Lyndsay, aka the girl who shares an office with a door and the loudmouth. 

Dear Ravenray,

I am so sorry for your loss.  I pray that you can be at peace, and that people will let you grieve however you see fit.  I lost a friend back in college, and was the only one that didn't fall on the floor crying everytime his name was mentioned.  It didn't mean I didn't care.  It just meant that I handled things a little differently.  You will be in my prayers.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited April 2013
    Praying for you, Ravenray.

Dear Summer,
    Please wait your turn and give spring a chance.  91* on April 10th is just unacceptable.  Don't make me use my teacher voice.

Dear Playgroup Moms,
    Thank you for being welcoming and...normal.  Talking about breastfeeding your infant while giving your 2 year old a juice box and cheez its is just what I needed.  Y'all are making this transition much better.

Love,
    Emily
  • Thanks guys.  Your kind words and prayers mean a lot to me.  :)

Dear fpaemp- 
    Your post about the weather cracked me up!  

Thanks for the laugh,

Ravenray
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Raven, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Now for my letter (felt the need for a transition for some reason).....

Dear Former Best Friend,

You may have cut me out of your life for reasons I will never understand, but I will never stop caring for you.  I think no matter how hard I try, I'll always miss having you in my life.  I'm sad that you decided to give up on 10 years of friendship without even trying to work it out.  I hope that your life is happy, but I'd be lying if I said I hoped you didn't regret anything.  Because I will always hope that you regret ending our friendship so abruptly and disrespectfully.

Sincerely,
    The One You Left Behind 

Ok, that seriously felt really therapeutic.  Can we definitely do this every week?
    Anniversary
  • Rachel: yes! I'm glad there's been such positive response to this thread. OLW: officially in our weekly threads. (If any of you are ever on here before I'm able to start the threads - please don't hesitate!!)

Raven, so many hugs and prayers from me. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards