Wedding Reception Forum

Can't decide on colors...help?

Hello everyone! 

I'm getting married on June 22nd and wearing a purple and gold Pakistani Wedding Dress. It's getting made so I don't have any picture but this is the closest I can find: 

My problem is figuring out the wedding decor! I can't go with purple and gold because then I'll just blend in with the decor background (I had originally thought purple table glothes and a gold overlay)...any suggestions? 

Thanks so much in advance!

Re: Can't decide on colors...help?

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Personally, I'd just stick with ivory tablecloths and add small pops of color with your napkins (perhaps purple ones?) and your flowers/centerpieces.
  • I'm wearing gold and my FI is wearing black. Our colors are gold, black, red and ivory. I think if you do gold as a base color and add in pops of color you won't blend into the decor. Maybe pick another jewel tone or two.
  • What about ivory linens and gold thread overlays?
     A gold thread on organza overlay would add just a touch of gold pattern over an ivory base.   That way you have a touch of glitter on the tables without your gorgeous purple and gold dress blending into the tables. 

• edited May 2013
    Thanks so much everyone, I really appreciate it :) I think I'll go with ivory and gold and add in purple lighting!!

What do you guys think?

Like this, except maybe go easy on the lighting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards