May 2013 Weddings

Knot Irene

You took down a funny post, it was NOT offensive to anyone! It was an inside joke between a bunch of us, so way to attack a group of people for NOTHING! If you think deleting posts it fun, head on over to the E board and yell and them.
Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge: Cake image

Re: Knot Irene

• I apologize if I took something down that didn't deserve to be removed.  After all the craziness that happened for April Fools Day, this thread sounded insulting to other posters.  I almost never remove posts and if I made a mistake, I am sorry.
  • There's probably 40 people from this board that get the joke. Not our fault if other people are overly sensitive and need "kid gloves" because they don't understand that it's a joke.
  • How was an April fools joke insulting to others? These boards on general have some WAY more insulting crap on it. People just seriously need to lighten up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited April 2013
    Carson, you were straight up insulting Lile.  The fact that you are now pouting at getting called out for it is mind-numbingly mean.

When did you turn into a bully?  If this is so 'harmless' then why don't we ask the person who is the butt of your thread?

Hey Lile?  Care to let us know how you feel about being compared to farm animals?  How do you like being constantly referred to as "rooster'?

I was bullied REALLY badly in middle school. What you are doing is NOT harmless.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• In Response to Re:Knot Irene:[QUOTE]Carson, you were straight up insulting Lile.nbsp; The fact that you are now pouting at getting called out for it is mindnumbingly mean.When did you turn into a bully?nbsp; If this is so 'harmless' then why don't we ask the person who is the butt of your thread?Hey Lile?nbsp; Care to let us know how you feel about being compared to farm animals?nbsp; How do you like being constantly referred to as "rooster'?I was bullied REALLY badly in middle school. What you are doing is NOT harmless. Posted by Peledreamsofrain[/QUOTE]

Where did I say it was her that's the butt of the joke? I'd love to know where I called her into this!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_knot-irene?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:2bfc88ad-ebd6-4b69-9123-e220d71e4757Post:dc59dcfa-a799-4d5b-bfcc-2528ec4112d6">Re:Knot Irene</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Knot Irene: Where did I say it was her that's the butt of the joke? I'd love to know where I called her into this!
    Posted by Carson386[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's the high horse you're going to stand on.  "You can't prove it!"

You constantly refer to her as 'rooster'.  People aren't stupid.

Bravo, your ethics are mind-boggling.

Anniversary

• In Response to Re:Knot Irene:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Knot Irene:In Response to Re:Knot Irene: Where did I say it was her that's the butt of the joke? I'd love to know where I called her into this!Posted by Carson386Yes, that's the high horse you're going to stand on.nbsp; "You can't prove it!"You constantly refer to her as 'rooster'.nbsp; People aren't stupid.Bravo, your ethics are mindboggling. Posted by Peledreamsofrain[/QUOTE]

Constantly now means once? I called her a "mean rooster" once... The thread on here was about the 40 May Brides involved in the rooster joke. But hey, I only posted it so I have no idea what was meant behind it
  • A large group of us did leave the knot and have become friends somewhere else and do in fact have a huge inside joke about roosters. Sucks that it can't be left as a joke between friends when there was obviously no name pointed out in any thread. 
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge
    Cake
    my read shelf:
    Becky's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Really? Calling Carson a bully because she posted something about a rooster joke that 40 other May brides know about and talk about on a regular basis? A joke that has NOTHING to do with The Knot or the current posters on the May 2013 forum?

Sounds like it's time to hand out some big girl panties and get everyone to just grow up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    December Signature: Holiday Favorites imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • It's fine, I'm not the one that said it was about her. I actually don't know who it was, not do I care. They can blame whatever on me that I didn't do. I posted the Rooster thing, but I didn't direct it at anyone specific. The thread is gone now, and I can't prove anything, but that's fine. I don't have to prove anything to a group of people I don't even know. My fellow rooster group has my back.
  • Whatever you can tell yourselves so that you don't have to self-examine something that you did that was ugly.  "oh but I didn't use a name, totes ok".

You called her a name just a day before, then turned around and used that same name to have a farm animal thread immediately after.

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_terrible-had-to-share_.1

You think nobody sees, but all the girls over on the other boards are watching you getting nasty, and your 'cute' jokes.  And they're all saying the same thing "What the heck happened?  I thought she was nice?"

Can't you just disagree and not like someone without turning to nasty pranks?

Anniversary

• It's no longer worth arguing over. Explaining ourselves, as WE are the ones that know the context of the joke (and we know Carson very wells), makes no difference once someone has made up their mind. 

If you want to continue thinking that someone is a "meaning" and conintue to stir up more drama, by all means.

We'll move back over to enjoying our group of 60+ girls who have a sense of humor.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • And your clique will probably use FB to tear me down for standing up to you, but I don't care.

I'm used to this stuff, dealt with it in Middle School.  Heck, I've had worse and ended up in the hospital because girls like you think it's 'funny' to single someone out that they don't like, and 'punish' them.

I'm not afraid to stand up for what's right.

Anniversary

• Honey, this isn't middle school, and with the rooster post, NO ONE was trying to single anyone out. Especially not you. We're not a clique, we're not tearing you down, we're not punishing you.

You're the only one singling yourself out and making yourself out to be the victim -- when this post had nothing to do with you (or anyone else)!

There is no right or wrong here - just people misinterpreting a post on a community forum.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_knot-irene?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:2bfc88ad-ebd6-4b69-9123-e220d71e4757Post:119a6ac4-f6e3-434d-a212-e3c7219ce90d">Re: Knot Irene</a>:
    [QUOTE]Honey, this isn't middle school, and with the rooster post, NO ONE was trying to single anyone out. Especially not you. We're not a clique, we're not tearing you down, we're not punishing you. You're the only one singling yourself out and making yourself out to be the victim -- when this post had nothing to do with you (or anyone else)! There is no right or wrong here - just people misinterpreting a post on a community forum.
    Posted by deviousmuse[/QUOTE]

This isn't about me, it's about Lile.  If I have to single myself out to prevent another person from enduring public name-calling and mockery, so be it.

Anniversary

• Ok, I'm totally the one who linked the posts, not because I felt that we were calling her any names, but because we were sarcastically giving her a shout out.  If I thought anybody was calling her names, I wouldn't have linked it.  The shout outs never called her names or were intentionally cutting- we thought we were being sarcastic because we mentioned her in our thread that discussed our joke- not because the joke was suppose to be on her.  The rooster thing has been an inside joke between 40 of us for many months.  The whole thing was one joke, not anything that was started because of Lile.

We all got a little cabin fever last night and maybe it went a little too far, but our comments are being completely misinterpreted.  The fact that everyone is using this to say that Carson made up her FMIL is extremely offensive.  Her issues with her FMIL are very real and it's extremely hurtful to suggest otherwise.  My issues with FIL's are also very real, and I would be offended if someone suggested otherwise because we were part of some large joke that involved 40 and left some in the dark.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_knot-irene?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:2bfc88ad-ebd6-4b69-9123-e220d71e4757Post:9526ee92-5771-4d81-93e5-cf99f93f4d27">Re: Knot Irene</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, I'm totally the one who linked the posts, not because I felt that we were calling her any names, but because we were sarcastically giving her a shout out.  If I thought anybody was calling her names, I wouldn't have linked it.  The shout outs never called her names or were intentionally cutting- we thought we were being sarcastic because we mentioned her in our thread that discussed our joke- not because the joke was suppose to be on her.  The rooster thing has been an inside joke between 40 of us for many months.  The whole thing was one joke, not anything that was started because of Lile. We all got a little cabin fever last night and maybe it went a little too far, but our comments are being completely misinterpreted.  The fact that everyone is using this to say that Carson made up her FMIL is extremely offensive.  Her issues with her FMIL are very real and it's extremely hurtful to suggest otherwise.  My issues with FIL's are also very real, and I would be offended if someone suggested otherwise because we were part of some large joke that involved 40 and left some in the dark.
    Posted by melb2013[/QUOTE]

The line was crossed, yes, and any sane group of adults would have dusted their hands off and said 'oops, sorry"  We've all done it at one time or another.  You move on, you don't repeat.  You apolgize.

Instead, Carson demanded an apology and tried to cover it all up as if it never happend.  Lying and manipulating Knot Irene into actually APOLOGIZING for shutting down a bullying thread.

Unacceptable.

Anniversary

• In Response to Re:Knot Irene:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knot Irene:Ok, I'm totally the one who linked the posts, not because I felt that we were calling her any names, but because we were sarcastically giving her a shout out. nbsp;If I thought anybody was calling her names, I wouldn't have linked it. nbsp;The shout outs never called her names or were intentionally cutting we thought we were being sarcastic because we mentioned her in our thread that discussed our joke not because the joke was suppose to be on her. nbsp;The rooster thing has been an inside joke between 40 of us for many months. nbsp;The whole thing was one joke, not anything that was started because of Lile. We all got a little cabin fever last night and maybe it went a little too far, but our comments are being completely misinterpreted. nbsp;The fact that everyone is using this to say that Carson made up her FMIL is extremely offensive. nbsp;Her issues with her FMIL are very real and it's extremely hurtful to suggest otherwise. nbsp;My issues with FIL's are also very real, and I would be offended if someone suggested otherwise because we were part of some large joke that involved 40 and left some in the dark.Posted by melb2013The line was crossed, yes, and any sane group of adults would have dusted their hands off and said 'oops, sorry"nbsp; We've all done it at one time or another.nbsp; You move on, you don't repeat.nbsp; You apolgize.Instead, Carson demanded an apology and tried to cover it all up as if it never happend.nbsp; Lying and manipulating Knot Irene into actually APOLOGIZING for shutting down a bullying thread.Unacceptable. Posted by Peledreamsofrain[/QUOTE]

I didn't DEMAND an apology, but thank you for putting words in my mouth. I don't honestly know what half of the rooster thread said.
  • My parting words on this thread are those that my mom always told me when I was a kid: "Life is 10% what happens and 90% how you choose to react to it."

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you reread my post, I said I apologize IF I took something down that didn't deserve to be removed.  And I said IF I made a mistake, I'm sorry.  What has transpired since then would inidicate that this thread had no place on the board for the 2013 May brides.  It was negative, may have been hurtful, and set a tone that wasn't helpful and would not appeal to anyone not in on "the joke."  And, FYI, no one was banned.
  • Knot Irene...the problem is that many of the so called ladies who try to defend the people they themselves deem helpless say a lot of less than positive things on a regular basis. Previously I have just ignored it, but now I guess I will report anything that could be interpreted as rude or exclusive. I have not ventured to too many boards because of the negativity on a lot of them. I have however made some friends through this forum that I speak to outside of the knot almost daily.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_knot-irene?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:2bfc88ad-ebd6-4b69-9123-e220d71e4757Post:bda6aa02-8773-47c3-82a4-33bc7c4e1456">Re:Knot Irene</a>:
    [QUOTE]Knot Irene...the problem is that many of the so called ladies who try to defend the people they themselves deem helpless say a lot of less than positive things on a regular basis. Previously I have just ignored it, but now I guess I will report anything that could be interpreted as rude or exclusive. I have not ventured to too many boards because of the negativity on a lot of them. I have however made some friends through this forum that I speak to outside of the knot almost daily.
    Posted by VJones1981[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm happy that you've made good friends from people you've met on the knot.  Recently we have been trying to rewrite and clarify our TOS rules.  We have been making an effort to try to make these messageboards a friendly, helpful place that everyone can enjoy and learn from.</div><div>I'm sorry you've experienced negativity, but I hope we can change that.</div><div>Best of luck with your May wedding.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_knot-irene?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:2bfc88ad-ebd6-4b69-9123-e220d71e4757Post:bda6aa02-8773-47c3-82a4-33bc7c4e1456">Re:Knot Irene</a>:
    [QUOTE]Knot Irene...the problem is that many of the so called ladies who try to defend the people they themselves deem helpless say a lot of less than positive things on a regular basis. Previously I have just ignored it, but now I guess I will report anything that could be interpreted as rude or exclusive. I have not ventured to too many boards because of the negativity on a lot of them. I have however made some friends through this forum that I speak to outside of the knot almost daily.
    Posted by VJones1981[/QUOTE]

You can threaten me if you like, that's fine.  I don't say silent when I see wrongs.  You could even so far as to report the heck out of my posts for no reason until I get banned (Knot Irene, I hope you take good notes on this).

Guess what?  Small beans, I don't fear you.  I'll make a new account and come back.  You will have achieved nothing but wasting your own time trying to extend your bullying.

Anniversary

• I am a May bride, and hardly post here because it seems like a "clique" of girls. I saw the rooster post and knew that it was a joke pointed at someone, although I was unsure who. I stick to lurking, and learning from others, but I clearly realize that was a bully post, regardless of how it is spun.
  • In Response to Re:Knot Irene:[QUOTE]I am a May bride, and hardly post here because it seems like a "clique" of girls. I saw the rooster post and knew that it was a joke pointed at someone, although I was unsure who. I stick to lurking, and learning from others, but I clearly realize that was a bully post, regardless of how it is spun. Posted by ROBINRENE5[/QUOTE]

I would love to know how you think that when hardly any of us post on this month board anymore and haven't since December.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards