Florida-West Coast

Seeking Beach House Venue in Clearwater Beach

I have started my search for a venue in the Clearwater beach area. Open to many ideas, but took a liking to a beach house idea.

Ideally, I would need a big beach house, with beach access from the back to do a ceremony and also room to hold a reception with a big tent if needed for weather. I have been looking online and am finding a problem with most...many only accommodate up to 50 guests for reception use. I think that I will need something for no more than 100 people. 

Can anyone recommend some houses to look into for larger parities? I really don't want to have to rent a reception hall and was looking for a more out of the box idea.

Re: Seeking Beach House Venue in Clearwater Beach

• Are you stuck on Clearwater Beach?  We rented the sunset beach house on Treasure Island and it was perfect.  I'm not sure about a tent because of the trees in the backyard, though.  We had right around 100 people and it was the perfect size.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • I'm also looking for a beach house but Im having a hard time finding any that will allow more than 30. Where did you find the ones under 50 guests? Some people gave me some links but they were out of our price range ($6,000-$8,00 for a week). I could find and send you those is your budget is that size.
  • I am not stuck on Clearwater and have looked into the Sunset Beach House and also Cay Pointe VIllas. How was your experience at the Sunset beach house? Any info you can share would be great. I was hoping to find feedback from both venues! I am going to be visiting the area in a few weeks to check out places. Did you work with a planner??

The houses that I found were just in my general searching of beach houses, sorry but since they did not accommodate my size i cant remember exactly where I found them. I would try and just search vacation properties in the area. Usually in their description it states what they allow.
  • My experience was great.  My legs were sore as hell after climbing up and down those stairs all weekend, though!  They returned my deposit very promptly after the wedding.  The only hitch was the noise ordnance in the area that I didn't know about.  A cop came and shut the band down at either 11 or 11:30, I can't remember.  It wasn't really a big deal, though.  I know people that have used that house have hired valet services since parking can be a bitch, but we didn't bother and the only person that got a ticket was H's uncle, and that's because he let his son park the car and he didn't pay attention to the signs.

• Oh my god.  "No no word"?  What are we, five?

• So with 100 people, it was comfortable at the Sunset Beach House? Where did the majority of your guests stay?
  • It was definitely comfortable.  Honestly, I have no idea where people stayed.  Most were local.  There's a ton of hotels right down the street, though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards