October 2013 Weddings

Cheapest place to buy flip flops?

We are planning on doing a basket of flip flops near the dance floor for the ladies.  Where do you think the cheapest place to get flip flops is?  I know Old Navy does a $1 sale every year but I have no idea when that is.

Re: Cheapest place to buy flip flops?

• Oriental Trading might have them, and what about Dollar Tree?
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• hardlyhannahhardlyhannah member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

• Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Last year's sale at Old Navy was on June 30.  There is no word if they are doing it again, but I imagine it would be around the same time.  How many pairs are you planning to buy?

• @Rochelle, I have no idea how many we should buy.  What do you girls think?  The guest list will hopefully end up with 250 coming, depending on the decline rate.
  • We are planning on doing a basket of flip flops near the dance floor for the ladies.  Where do you think the cheapest place to get flip flops is?  I know Old Navy does a $1 sale every year but I have no idea when that is.
    If you want, I can talk to my FH and ask to see if they are even having the sale this year. They upp'd the prices on their flippy-floppies this year and I got to hear all about it. *eye roll*
  • @lplions, that would be awesome.  I could go dollar tree route, but wasn't sure if certain stores are better than others.
  • I saw some at my local dollar store the other week.  Also, if it's not a beach theme, I don't know if this is something you need to worry about. I understand your theory, but at a formal event, I know to wear shoes that will fit and don't take them off to dance.  Just saying - it would save you money and there won't be women running around in flip flops. 

For a ceremony on the beach? Sure. A formal event? Eh. It sort of reminds of girls at Sweet 16s wearing white socks.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• @Sew, I guess I was thinking the flip flops were better than women going barefoot, since that ends up being pretty common at weddings I've been too.  I wear heels all the time so I can go the entire night with them on including dancing, but I know some women can't.
  • Then go for it! But be prepared for lots and lots of women in flip flops! :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Or wait until summer's over and get them all on super clearance! You could probably get them for less than a dollar then.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

• I got mine already.  I am a planners so I got them around christmas time.  I think I got more than I need but I can always sell them after is I have to.  I think flip flops are a great idea.  I hate dancing in my bare feet (which is kinda gross) and my feet kill from dancing in my heels all night.  I usually bring along my own pair of flops.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • edited May 2013
    June 29 ONLY is Old Navy's $1 flip flop sale. Doncha love knowing someone on the inside? I know I do.... :-D

ETA: sounds like the ON sale is the last Saturday in June every year. Clever people, putting it right before July 4th...
  • Glad I opened this thread, I wanted to grab some at the ON sale this year too. I was at a wedding this past weekend and there was some SERIOUS dancing going on. At least half of the women had their shoes off toward the end of the night, myself included. I was wishing for flip flops so that secured the idea that I would have a basket of them. I would rather have a lot of women in flip flops than people not dancing because their feet hurt, or cutting their foot if someone drops a drink on the dance floor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards