July 2013 Weddings

I'm waving my white flag!!

This week has held SO much wedding stress that I am at my absolute breaking point. 

First there was the WONDERFULLY fun "predicament" with friends of ours who are recently divorced. In case you missed it. . .(http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/976246/divorced-couple-invited-we-ve-got-a-problem#latest

Then a very close family friend (my mom was her mentor at work when she was in HS, I idolized her as a kid, we have always been more like sisters than just friends) who has been majorly distant our entire engagement (never congratulated us, didn't answer her phone when she knew I was calling to tell her we were engaged and then acted hurt when she "found out over facebook", and hasn't asked about planning or the wedding ONCE in the last 18 months) went to my mom acting all hurt that I've "left her out" and she feels badly about out. Now she's texting me wanting to have a heart to heart on the phone and get this "straightened out". Sorry. . you waited 18 months. . . my wedding is in 45 days and I am BUSY. 

And now I get an e-mail from FH's BM's wife explaining how they won't be able to make it to the rehearsal dinner. 

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! It's all just WAY TOO MUCH. 

My shower and bachelorette are on Saturday in Michigan along with my meeting with the pastor, my hair trial, dress fitting, and meeting with our cake baker. I know a lot of that I put on myself, but with planning a wedding for four states away, I don't have a ton of options. I am feeling stressed to the max and by a bunch of things I have no real control over. If I didn't have a session with my trainer tonight I'd probably go home and drink a whole bottle of wine. 

Vent over. I feel better already. .:Sigh:.

Re: I'm waving my white flag!!

• Breathe. You're allowed to vent
  • Wooooooosahhh. The wedding details will be fun this weekened. Let the issues with guest go. People get crazy over weddings. And woooooshaaah. Have fun this weekend!
  • I'll drink the wine. You go to the trainer. Good plan. Glad you thought of it ;)
  • What the heck is with people and "wanting to talk" to make themselves feel better?!?!?!?!??!!? UGH!!!!!
    Don't people get this these are OUR weddings and has nothing to do with them????

Sorry - 

BUT, I feel your pain and it makes me so mad!!!

Let it all go...out the frickin window. It's becomming so apparent how jealous/envious some people are to see happiness in others. You have done nothing wrong and don't need to explain yourself to anyone!

You do you and enjoy your weekend! Sure, it's jam-packed, but you are going to love every second of it!!!

Breathe, relax, and think happy thoughts! NO MORE NEGATIVITY!!!  :):):)
  • kls33145 said:
    What the heck is with people and "wanting to talk" to make themselves feel better?!?!?!?!??!!? UGH!!!!!
    Don't people get this these are OUR weddings and has nothing to do with them????

Sorry - 

BUT, I feel your pain and it makes me so mad!!!

Let it all go...out the frickin window. It's becomming so apparent how jealous/envious some people are to see happiness in others. You have done nothing wrong and don't need to explain yourself to anyone!

You do you and enjoy your weekend! Sure, it's jam-packed, but you are going to love every second of it!!!

Breathe, relax, and think happy thoughts! NO MORE NEGATIVITY!!!  :):):)
    EXACTLY! I don't get it. 

Thank you for all of the positivity and understanding ladies! I am feeling MUCH better after my gym session last night and have decided everyone can go jump in a lake. :) 
  • Awww.... I'm sorry there's so much stress going on! I agree with you ladies about crazy people. It's beyond annoying.

I have a friend from highschool that actually texted me a few weeks ago asking why she wasn't a bridesmaid. Yes. That happened. I tried calling her the next day to talk about it but she hasn't said a word to me since. It's really quite sad that she's choosing to end our friendship over it.
  • Deep breath, gorgeous!

When I am feeling super stressed, I write lists. Lists of everyting that I can do/need to do. Somehow, writing it down and seeing things get ticked off helps to alliviate my stress and show me that stuff is under control.

As for dealing with the stress and drama of other people... Remind yourself that you cannot control what othr people will & will not do. And if you can't control it, there is no sense in allowing yourself to get terribly stressed out about it. (Easier said than done, I know!) Take lots of deep breaths, vent to get it off your chest, and then try to let it go. Your wedding is going to be AMAZING no matter what! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards