Not Engaged Yet

KUI?

Re: KUI?

• Is that the guac they make with Greek yogurt? If so I may have eaten that in one whole sitting lol. Mofongo is time consuming but it's so worth it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I'm seriously disappointed in the amount of people around here that buy pre-made guac! SERIOUSLY DISAPPOINTED! 

• Hm, shrimp and plantains?  I'm not sure if I can get behind that or not.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    @danser55 -- Do you eat seafood or is that off-limits as well?

• Rdr you know how guac is made at my house! I get desperate. Peek I didn't think I'd like it either. When it's made bad it does taste like shit but when it's good it's delicious.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Boo no more guac.  Queso and salsa sound good.

Anniversary

• Rach, you know I don't eat guac unless it comes from Rosa's or you. 
    I french with my man
  • Now I want guac dammit

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • ha ha btw my reception venue contact told me we're getting married on flag today....

Anniversary

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    Peek -- Do you know I've been to Rosa's 2x in 2 weeks? Sean and I went the day after the wedding and then we went again the day after we got back from SA. I got the exact same thing every time. Those fish tacos are to die for. 

• edited May 2013
    No seafood for me @rdr716

@buddysmom80 yes it is the one with greek yogurt. 

I make so many of my own things I'm ashamed too I don't make any of my own.  I need a good recipe for it though.

ETA - referring to making my own guac

Anniversary

• I was thinking M and I should go to Rosa's for date night, but he doesn't like guac, so I feel like the experience would be wasted on him.

When you eventually come visit, we'll go to Rosa's.  The Chinatown one is cute.
    I french with my man
  • Danser that's a pretty popular holiday you may want to reconsider your wedding date lol ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Danser, you should probably be prepared for no one to come to your wedding.  Flag day is like...sacred.  Bigger than Christmas.
    I french with my man
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    You can make mine! 

• I love you guys!

@rdr716 can you Fb me the recipe!!!

Anniversary

• I can't wait to make your guac!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013
    I'm late to this party!  New Age (white) + lime + ice = Tincho, and that is what I am drinking.  I love that we are having a guacamole discussion.  Since our wedding plans have changed to a picnic style reception, one of the things I am thinking of serving is a "guacamole bar."
    One large bowl of plain mashed avocados with salt and lime, many little bowls to add in your own fixings, like pomegranate, mango, cilantro, onion, garlic, chilies, tomatoes, and anything else I can think of that might sound fun.  :)

Edited because KUI, that's why.

• @RWS2011 - Pomegranate mango guac.  I must try this.  Immediately.
    I french with my man
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    @rws2011 -- Hi! Don't forget to ask me for my address before your invitations go out. I would never miss a guac bar. Ever. 

• @rdr716 - don't worry.  if you miss her wedding, mine will probably endless cocktail hour with a guac bar and a mashed potato bar.  
    I french with my man
  • RWS2011RWS2011 member
    danser55 said:
    ha ha btw my reception venue contact told me we're getting married on flag today....
    Are they charging a premium for the day or was it just an interesting fact they wanted to share with you?

• A guac bar would be amazing

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    Ollie sent me a whole guacamole book for Christmas this year from her and the girls. I really need to break that thing out now that I have time to try new things! I should try a new recipe every week and report back on it. 

• RWS2011RWS2011 member
    @rdr716 - I would dream of hosting a guac bar without inviting you.  Also, I forgot to mention extra lime, in case there wasn't enough added to begin with.  ;)

@peekaboo2011 - let me know what you think!  I have had it with the pomegranate, but not mango.  I just thought it might be fun to try.

• RWS2011 said:
    danser55 said:
    ha ha btw my reception venue contact told me we're getting married on flag today....
    Are they charging a premium for the day or was it just an interesting fact they wanted to share with you?
    Ha ha no it was just a random fyi from my contact and it's the day before father's day.

Anniversary

• @rws2911 a guac bar would be amazing!

Anniversary

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    @rws2011 -- I can bring my own limes just in case. Apparently I'm a lime-fanatic. 

• Rdr you should do that. But would you eat so much guac that you guys would get tired of it?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    Rdr you should do that. But would you eat so much guac that you guys would get tired of it?
    NEVER!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards