Not Engaged Yet

Re: FRIDAY!!!

• Thank god!!! R is playing golf tomorrow and Sunday apparently, so I will have the mornings and early afternoons to myself. I foresee relaxing and going to the pool
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @IrishDreamer -- I'm so jealous! It's going to be rainy tomorrow here :(

• Yay, Friday before a three-day weekend!!

DH and I are heading up to Gettysburg tonight to stay at a B&B. If it's not too rainy, we're going to do a ghost tour tonight, then tomorrow check out a battlefield tour.

Sunday, we're going wine tasting with @jenjenf and Mr. JenJenF ... can't wait!!!

Monday, we have no plans, which probably means day drinking and grilling and relaxing!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    @cu97tiger -- Sounds like a fun weekend! I've never been to Gettysburg. Can't wait to hear how it is! Jealous of your wine tasting with @jenjenf

• I'm so glad it's Friday! This week has been long and I'm over work right now. If I receive any sh**t from my clients today my attitude will be as such...image
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    @mhollister89 -- You can say shit now.

• rdr716 said:
    @mhollister89 -- You can say shit now.
    Thank you @rdr716.

Shit. : )
  • @cu97tiger, I love Gettysburg and the ghost tours. Have a great time!
  • I'm so relieved it's Friday. We had two nurses on vacation this week, so I've worked all five days. I was at 43.5 hours when I clocked in this morning and I still have a ten hour shift ahead of me.

The good thing is that this time next week, I'll be sitting in the Nashville airport waiting to board our plane to Newport Beach, CA to visit my grandma for over a week!! I can't wait to lounge on Catalina and take Tyler down to Balboa Park in San Diego too. I'm sooooo ready for vacation.

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    @ahstillwell -- Yay for vacation next week!

• rdr716 said:

Ugh, I need it. The two nurses who are missing are our charge nurse and our backup charge nurse, so I've been charge nurse since Wednesday, fml.

• I'm soooo glad it's Friday! I'm working an 11 hour shift today but if BF is going to visit his mom at our other campus in town, I may get out a little earlier so he can give me a ride home (I take a shuttle to work so I don't have to drive).

@cu97tiger-it sounds like you're going to have an awesome weekend! I love Gettysburg! Last time we were down there we did a ghost tour, it was so much fun! It was raining out, but it was worth it. We stayed at a hotel right next to the Jenny Wade house. Usually my parents stay at the B&B across the street from there and down the hill, I think it's supposed to be haunted, I know you can see bullet holes on the side of the building. The name is totally not hitting me right now. Gah!

@ahstillwell-your vacation next week sounds like so much fun! I haven't been to that part of California. My friend used to live in San Diego after she finished college and she loved it, she was sad to come back to the east coast.

This weekend is going to rain ALL weekend here :( we were going to have a barbecue/pool party Saturday but if it's raining too bad out, BF isn't going to grill so it's either me on the grill or we're shit outta luck. I've been debating if I should just make some pulled pork in the crockpot tomorrow morning as back up, I'm still on the fence though. I'll have to clean the house tonight since I'll be doing all the cooking tomorrow. I'm making four bean salad, greek pasta salad, and BF is going to make spinach artichoke dip.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @cu97tiger : Gettysburg sounds like so much fun!  I hope you guys have a wonderful time and some fun stories to tell on Monday.

tonight we are getting our house treated (preventative) for termites because our preventative is almost up.  and grocery shopping and eating dinner somewhere.

tomorrow we are having a cookout in the evening for our Spanish-speaking group at church, so I have to go to Sam's to buy a bunch of food.  I think H is going during the day to help one of our friends try and salvage what they can from their house.  if I get a chance I might go out there and help, but I don't have any shoes right now since mine got ruined.  I hope H remembers to get his tetanus shot before he goes out there!

Sunday we have church, H has to mow a couple lawns and then we're going back out to our friends' house to salvage, or to the horse farm to salvage.  they have taken away the horses, but there is still a ton of clean up to do out there.

we have Monday and Tuesday off!  I think Monday during the day we're going to take a break from salvaging and go eat lunch at the hipster Arts Festival.  Monday night we're celebrating my brother's birthday, and Baxter's!  Baxter turned 2 on Tuesday.  my parents have a little plastic kiddie pool that the dogs play in, so we are having a doggie pool party for Baxter and his friends. 

please remember us on Monday...  we are going to celebrate my brother's birthday, but he is having an extremely difficult time with the loss of his horses.  they were his pets, his best friends, and I know that he's really hurting.  I just hope that we can have a good time and be grateful for what we do have.

Tuesday...  we have the whole day off!  I'm sure part of it will be spent salvaging or HOPEFULLY helping our friends move into a temporary housing...  some of my friends and coworkers have already found temporary-permanent (6 months to a year) housing and are moving in!  and I'm hoping we have a chance to go by the shoe store and purchase some new tennis shoes for me.  mine were dying anyway. 

• rdr716 said:

Ugh, I need it. The two nurses who are missing are our charge nurse and our backup charge nurse, so I've been charge nurse since Wednesday, fml.

Ugh, that sucks. You have definitely earned your vacay - and hopefully some mad OT pay, 'cause that is a lot crammed into a week.
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    @buddysmom80 -- Maybe you should the pulled pork so you have it just in case. If it ends up not raining and BF can grill, you have lunch/dinner for the week! Tell me more about the Greek pasta salad?

@CocoBellaF -- Happy birthday, Baxter! And to your brother! I'll be thinking about you guys this weekend. 

• I'm just gonna leave this right here...

http://youtu.be/kfVsfOSbJY0 

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Yeah, Friday!!!!  I can't wait to get out of town. 

@CocoBellaF - Will be thinking about you and your brother this weekend.  Again, I'm sorry for your family's loss. 

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    @LivLeighton -- Need. Moar. Hoagie Pics! 

• @LivLeighton -- agreed!!!  he just melts my heart, what a cutie.
  • @livleighton I love Hoagie! He is so stinking adorable I just want to kiss his face off!!!!! Also I hope you guys are rooting for the Bruins or it's friends off ;p

@cocabellaf Happy birthday to Baxter and your brother! I've been thinking about you guys and will still keep you in my thoughts. I think it's so cute that you guys are having a doggy pool party! I'm a little nervous to put Quigley in the pool yet even though I know he used to swim in the pool when he was living at the breeders. We'll see what happens!

@rdr716 Here is the Greek pasta salad recipe. I make it without the olives since BF hates black olives: http://learningtheropesonerecipeatatime.blogspot.com/2013/04/greek-pasta-salad.html Also here is the pulled pork recipe for the crock pot, it's so freaking easy. We've never made sliders with it, just served it on a deli roll: http://www.campbellskitchen.com/recipes/recipedetails?recipeid=50443

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @LivLeighton - PRECIOUS.  that face, it's just...  perfect!  he has such beautiful coloring, too.  and puppy wrinkles!  what a darling.
  • @LivLeighton - Too, too cute! 
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    OMG @LivLeighton, I can't even handle it! He could be Lucy's little brother! I love his little waddle-walk SO much. I showed H last night and he asked if we can have him :(

• @Livleighton Oh my goodness!! What a cute precious puppy! I love the wrinkles. I'm having bad puppy fever...FI and I will not be able to wait until December to get a puppy...it just won't happen.
  • @livleighton I love Hoagie! He's so cute!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    Lucille when she was a little pupperoni: image

• BF had to work late last night (like come in overnight to try to bring equipment back online), and I ended up working extra hours while he was on a business trip this week. We're hoping to sneak away early today and get some damn rest.

Other than that, we still have no plans for the weekend, and right now I like it that way.
  • @LivLeighton How could you ever possibly give Hoagie back? He's so freaking adorable.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• I have had puppy fever for a long time now and this is not helping. I'm going to go full-blown BSC soon.

Happy Friday, my lovelies! I've actually got a 5-day break coming up and I so need it. Tomorrow, H and I are going to drive to Baton Rouge to visit some of his family and hang out for the day. Sunday through Wednesday, I really have no plans other than shopping for a pair of shoes to go with the dress I got for my HS reunion (in two weeks!)
  • OH MY GOD THAT PUPPY

OH MY GOD

OHHHHH MY GOD

Tyler and I have BAD puppy fever right now, I am not even lying here. It's BAAAAD.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards