Not Engaged Yet

Intro! I guess I should...

I posted this in the intro thread, but I figured that I should add it in here and just say HI! to everyone. I've been lurking around here for a bit (almost so long its creepy) and you girls absolutely crack me up! I love the sense of community in here....that's hard to find among women. I hope to be able to get to know you all as I allow you to get to know me. 

Screen Name: dixie7701
Significant Other's Age:29
What You Do: I'm an Allstate Agent
What SO Does: Logistics director
State of Relationship: living together
How Long You've Been Together: 2 years
How You Met: We met in the 6th grade and reunited at our 10 year HS reunion...
Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married):
Real Babies: I have 2 daughters and a son from a previous marriage
Fur Babies: Lab named Koda and one totally neurotic Golden Retriever named Jenny
Loves: music, movies, baseball and beer
Hates: cauliflower, sweet potatoes and feet
Pet Peeves: socks on the floor, toilet paper that's upside down, and unrinsed dishes in the sink
Hobbies/Activities: I write music when I need to relax, sports, i also bake
Favorite Thing About Your SO: his kind and generous heart
Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he leaves socks on the floor
Describe Your Personality: Sarcastic and fun...im pretty laid back
Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 6ish
I've Been On TK Since: forever...2 years ago I think
How You Came to Be On TK: I was planning a bridal shower for a friend and google introduced us
How I like my potatoes: baked or mashed
Favorite book/author: no favorite author comes to mind, but my favorite book is called Tara Road by Maeve Binchy
Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I wrote a song that has been recorded by a band in Ohio. They never made it big, but I still recieve $5 royalty checks once in a while hah

Re: Intro! I guess I should...

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Hi Dixie! Welcome :)

Pics of your pups, please! What's your favorite beer?

• Hi! Welcome to the board!

• Hi! That's cool that you wrote a song that earns royalty checks - what genre of music was it? Also, what's your favorite dessert?
  • dixie7701dixie7701 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2013
    imageimage

There are my furbabies! and my goofy BF...I have zero pictures of Koda without the BF in them haha they are quite a pair!

My favorite beer is Shock Top on tap. It not as easy to find so my alternative is Blue Moon. I'll drink just about anything, but those are my faves!
  • I can't see the pictures of the furbabies! :(

Also, am I the only person on the planet who hates Blue Moon?!

• The song that i wrote is recorded as an alternative rock song. That is not how it was originally written, but I was really happy with the way that it turned out. 

Beth- I know plenty that don't like Blue Moon. I'm usually in the minority in my group because I am not a fan of dark beer. 
  • I can see the pictures now - your furbabies are adorable!

• Welcome!  What is your favorite thing to bake?  How old are the kiddos?  So interesting that you met your BF (again) at the reunion.  Did you date then?
  • dixie7701dixie7701 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2013
    Cheesecakes and cupcakes!

My kids are 15, 11 and 8...oldest and youngest are girls and there's a boy in the middle. Before you do the math (i know you will!) My oldest is adopted. I started young but not THAT young!

The BF and I started dating long distance after the reunion. He was living in South Carolina and I was in Texas at the time. We've been together ever since~
  • Hi! Super-cute furbabies! I second the request for your favorite things to bake. So cool that you write music; do you play any instruments (I am musically challenged, but I am guessing you know all the notation and stuff if you write songs)?
  • Ha!  I did do the math right away, but didn't judge...my family (other than me) has had kiddos early and often.  :)

Awesome that you adopted.  If you don't mind sharing, what is the back-story behind that?  If you do or want to keep that private, no worries.

• Hi Dixie 
    Welcome!  What cute puppies!

Anniversary

• Amapola, I actually have a degree in music theory. So, yes, I do know all the notes and notations and play piano.
  • HI and welcome, Dixie! It's adorable that your pup and your BF are inseparable. :) 

@bethsmiles, you don't like Blue Moon??? I'm not sure we can still be friends... Although, I haven't had one in weeks. I'm trying to watch my booze intake. I need to stick to wine at home, and have the occasional beer when out. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @desertsun - It's been a few years since I had one but I really hated it when I had it. I could try it again though.

• @bethsmiles, it might be worthwhile to give it another try, especially with an orange slice squeezed and then dropped in. The beer-y orange at the end is the best part. But even if you don't like it, we can still be friends. Promise. <3

• @desertsun - I'll give it another try just for you! I haven't tried it with the orange slice :)

• You're pups are adorable! They seem super cuddley!

If you're still in Texas you should try the Shiner summer brew Ruby Redbird! It's DELICIOUS! It's fruity. I also love Shiner, so I'm biased. 

Do you have a link to the song you wrote? I'd take random five dollar checks any day!
  • @bethsmiles Yay! Let me know what you think. 

PS, I don't know how long you've had that comic as your siggy, but it made me LOL. :)

• Welcome to the board your fur babies are adorable!!!! Where's your favorite place to travel!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Lamarrs- I'm a big fan of shiner blonde...ill have to give the summer one a shot. I absolutely love the Shiner Cheer around the holidays YUMMO!

Buddysmom- I'm not very well traveled, but my favorite place to be right now is South Carolina. It is such a different place from the craziness that I'm used to. The BF and I are aiming for Europe next spring. He spent a semester at Oxford and is dying to go back. I am happy to go along!

I'm trying to upload the mp3 for my song, but YouTube is not being friendly! And it doesn't look like the guys have uploaded it. Ill get back to you on that one :)
  • @desertsun I love Blue Moon FI bought some for me the other day.  He did not buy me any oranges, I got some today so I could drink it properly.  I decided on Sangria tonight instead...

Anniversary

• I live in Ohio. Where was this band from? I may be familiar with them?
  • @danser55, what was FI thinking??? :)

Sangria sounds delicious! did you make or buy? 

• @desertsun - some girls I know put orange juice in their Blue Moon...is that normal? It seems like too much!

• dixie7701 said:
    Amapola, I actually have a degree in music theory. So, yes, I do know all the notes and notations and play piano.

Oooh! I majored in music theory, too! But it was my second major and I was four classes short, so I have an extreme minor. I suck at composition, though, so that's cool that you get song royalties.
  • desertsun said:
    @danser55, what was FI thinking??? :)

Sangria sounds delicious! did you make or buy? 

@desertsun  He doesn't really drink so he didn't know...

Bought some sangria, it was pretty good.

Anniversary

• @danser55 which sangria did you buy? I'm always trying new brands even though my homemade sangria is pretty awesome.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • This one isn't that great honestly...
    It's called fun 5 or something...

Anniversary

• I was drinking sangria out of a box the other day it wasn't too bad though lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards