Chit Chat
Options

Forum Entitlement

Re: Forum Entitlement

• Options
    I've just never understood mocking people who try to make a positive change when you aren't willing to work for it yourself.  I don't understand it in politics, and I don't understand it in regular life.  
    Well, Pele, some posters want everybody that doesn't think they are the absolute bees knees to just go away. If they mock us enough and tell us how little our opinions matter, surely we'll scurry off to PB or something and they'll finally be crowned queen of TK.

I'm pretty sure the only reason why people like that are hanging around is because they think they'll finally get to feel some kind of vindication for all of the "cruelty" they've had to endure by not having their bratty behavior validated by regs.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• Options

I've just never understood mocking people who try to make a positive change when you aren't willing to work for it yourself.  I don't understand it in politics, and I don't understand it in regular life.  

Well, Pele, some posters want everybody that doesn't think they are the absolute bees knees to just go away. If they mock us enough and tell us how little our opinions matter, surely we'll scurry off to PB or something and they'll finally be crowned queen of TK.

I'm pretty sure the only reason why people like that are hanging around is because they think they'll finally get to feel some kind of vindication for all of the "cruelty" they've had to endure by not having their bratty behavior validated by regs.

If this is directed towards me feel free to use the new @ feature.
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    allychase said:

If this is directed towards me feel free to use the new @ feature.

• Options
    It's cute that you posted a vague statement describing your opinion of me on a post where the main idea of everyone's response is to scold the OP for beating around the bush instead of directly calling out who she was referring to. Just keep throwing your temper tantrums, I'm sure you'll get what you want from TK Gods.
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image

• Options
    MuppetFanMuppetFan member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013

Sorry but I do think mods were entitled to more than a PM and 15 minutes notice that we were being removed. Just sayin...
    And you never got the PM.... heh. I agree with this. I think if they take more time on this, they will realize it isn't the appropriate solution to the issues at hand.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    If I get confirmation from the Knot Gods that I'm allowed to flat out say "I don't like you" to someone and not get banned, then we'll talk.

• Options
    "I don't like you" is definitely not a personal attack.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    MuppetFan said:

Sorry but I do think mods were entitled to more than a PM and 15 minutes notice that we were being removed. Just sayin...
    And you never got the PM.... heh. I agree with this. I think if they take more time on this, they will realize it isn't the appropriate solution to the issues at hand.
    Nope, apparently they forgot me on the list. I read it on the mod board and commented on it. It was removed like 5 minutes later.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    MuppetFan said:
    I'd like to believe this ... except there are people that totally get a bug up their butt about not being liked.

And thusfar, the Knot Gods have been anti "things that gets bugs up whiney beebee's butts" regardless of how stupid the "offense" is.

• Options

MuppetFan said:

I'd like to believe this ... except there are people that totally get a bug up their butt about not being liked.

And thusfar, the Knot Gods have been anti "things that gets bugs up whiney beebee's butts" regardless of how stupid the "offense" is.

Good thing for you I really don't give a shit what you think of me, I have no idea who you are.

My favorite is when people avoid good points others make and shoot right to "I don't like you wahhhh" mature award is yours tonight.

• Options
    MuppetFan said:

I initially wanted to refute this, but then I thought about anonymizing "love its" because someone complained.  Update: Poll is 97% In Favor of Showing to 2% Not in Favor.  Hey, they are missing a percentage point in that calculation....
    image   imageimage

• Options
    RamonaFlowersRamonaFlowers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013
    MuppetFan said:

Good thing for you I really don't give a shit what you think of me, I have no idea who you are. My favorite is when people avoid good points others make and shoot right to "I don't like you wahhhh" mature award is yours tonight.
    Apparently, I missed the "good points" you made?
    Stage, watch it. Implying that somebody hasn't been making good points (Or that they've just done nothing in this thread but insult the people that want what is broken to actually be fixed) could very well be considered a personal attack.

• Options
    MuppetFan said:
    @Retreadbride I hate using the words "passive-aggressive" but your comment about women's intelligence is making me feel very defensive for any of the women on this board that you're applying that to. We can disagree with peoples opinions, actions, approaches, attitudes etc... but I honestly believe the regs on this board are very smart.
    I can agree with this.  I wouldn't make an argument if I thought any of you as being dumb.  It can be viewed as "stirring up shit", if you'd like.  But, my original post was intended(in my mind) to start a discussion on how we treat the KG's when wanting "answers", discussion, change, etc..  

Maybe my approach was "passive-aggressive", although, that too was not my intent.  Being somewhat a "newb", the last thing I wanted was to drop names while still addressing a concern about the attitude, hence my generalizations.  Also, discussion about the subject matter is taking place.

I see both sides of it.  I understand the frustration, and I understand the mentality of fighting for something that you're passionate about.  But, as adults, can we really expect to get things accomplished by kicking and screaming?
  • Options

allychase said:

MuppetFan said:

Good thing for you I really don't give a shit what you think of me, I have no idea who you are.

My favorite is when people avoid good points others make and shoot right to "I don't like you wahhhh" mature award is yours tonight.
    Apparently, I missed the "good points" you made?

See: what I said above about how acting like a child throwing temper tantrums and threatening to leave and TK will lose lots of money is ridiculous.

When you're biased to immediately dislike a statement because of the person who it's coming from its easy to miss things.

• Options
    Also since when is it considered an insult to point out the fact that throwing a tantrum won't solve things? I'm sorry Ramona care to elaborate?

• Options
    RamonaFlowersRamonaFlowers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013
    Also, @allychase, please tell me exactly when I said accusing somebody of throwing a temper tantrum was an insult?

Because if that were the case, then I've been "insulting" you for several months now. And we all know my feelings on violating TOS, so clearly, that's not how I feel on the matter.

• Options
    MuppetFanMuppetFan member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013
    MuppetFan said:
    @Retreadbride I hate using the words "passive-aggressive" but your comment about women's intelligence is making me feel very defensive for any of the women on this board that you're applying that to. We can disagree with peoples opinions, actions, approaches, attitudes etc... but I honestly believe the regs on this board are very smart.
    I can agree with this.  I wouldn't make an argument if I thought any of you as being dumb.  It can be viewed as "stirring up shit", if you'd like.  But, my original post was intended(in my mind) to start a discussion on how we treat the KG's when wanting "answers", discussion, change, etc..  

Maybe my approach was "passive-aggressive", although, that too was not my intent.  Being somewhat a "newb", the last thing I wanted was to drop names while still addressing a concern about the attitude, hence my generalizations.  Also, discussion about the subject matter is taking place.

I see both sides of it.  I understand the frustration, and I understand the mentality of fighting for something that you're passionate about.  But, as adults, can we really expect to get things accomplished by kicking and screaming?
    If that wasn't your goal, then a better approach may have been to say something like, "I feel like we can accomplish our goals by being calmer and more patient with TK Gods. It must be tough to be on the receiving end of this. I know it would make me feel defensive."

And maybe offer a possible solution or a different approach like "Since communication is a big issue for us, what if we gave a list of concerns and suggest a date or ask for a date they can give us an update on them? or What if we ask them to bounce off us more before making sweeping actions?"

Edited for clarity
    image   imageimage

• Options
    @allychase, Ramona did reply to those points. Regardless of who is "right" or "wrong", she gave point by point counters. I didn't miss that point, in fact, I also commented on it myself. I missed the "good points" that Ramona supposedly ignored rather than replying to.
    Ok here you go, THIS was Ramona's first post after what I said, NOT directed at me btw so how that is a "point by point counter" to my argument is beyond me:

"I would also like to point out that TN is currently offering to PAY users if they go to their corporate office next week and give them feedback on improving the TN forums. Because apparently, after a year they seem to have realized that dead boards aren't doing them any favors. Knot Gods take note: The users have been telling you for almost 2 solid months now what needs to be done to keep people on the site and the boards active. For free. The users are only going to put up with this crap for so much longer before "Hey, you know where we don't have to deal with this shit? ProBoards. Let's go" happens (Hell, it already did happen once with the E and SB regs). A year from now when the boards are dead and you can't for the life of you to figure out why the traffic is still down from the inevitable defection, it's going to take a lot more than $50 to get people to head down to HQ to tell you what they hate about this place ... if there's even anybody left at that point."

All she did was talk about the lack of activity on TN, which I already pointed out as known to be not NEARLY as known of and profitable. If the boards were the only thing TN had going for it, and they all left, well then yeah their site is going to hurt. My POINT was that TK has a billion other things going for it and the lack of activity from a handful of posters who think they are the end all be all of the boards is NOT going to cripple the site. 
    Ramona THEN resorted to the vague snarky comments about me, which isn't surprising given her type of personality resorts directly to name calling instead of having an adult conversation when someone else makes a good point. But what else is new. So if I missed the adult argument she gave in there please copy and paste for me. 
    You all need to do yourself a favor and accept the fact that TK Gods DON'T GIVE A SHIT what you want and are going to do what they want regardless. Then perhaps the boards can go back to being about the topics intended instead of a new post every hour about how so and so didn't do what you wanted or what they said they would do. 

• Options
    I'm not one of those "people".
    image   imageimage

• Options
    I 'loved" your post too Pele
    image   imageimage

• Options
    haha, thanks guys.  Right back atcha.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    @RamonaFlowers, where did you get that Jon Snow gif? Is there a video somewhere with that girl?
  • Options
    People misuse the phrases passive-aggressive, OCD and anal-retentive like crazy.  I don't think most of them really know what those conditions are.

What condition, exactly, IS passive-aggressive, then?

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    It's from this podcast I follow "Hey, Ash, Whatcha Playin'?"

Here's a link to the video my gif was taken from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwgPBWQS6kM

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards