Hawaii

Wedding Coordinators

Hi everyone!

I am having a hard time finding reasonably priced wedding coordinators who help you plan from beginning to end in Maui. Anyone working with, or know of, any coordinators?

Re: Wedding Coordinators

• MelissaH2013MelissaH2013 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2013
    These were given to me. However, I haven't not decided on one yet.

Let me know who go with and congrats!

Lori:  TROPICAL MAUI WEDDINGS
    Stacey:  A WHITE ORCHID WEDDING
    Sherri:  BELLE DESTINATION WEDDINGS AND EVENTS
  • jessj336jessj336 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited April 2013
    My WC was Lori Lawrence from Tropical Maui Weddings. She was incredible to work with and our wedding was amazing! I definitely recommend her!  She charges a flat fee and doesn't tack on an extra percentage for booking vendores. Lori truly loves her brides and makes your happiness her #1 priority! Please PM me if you have specific questions.
    Anniversary
  • I looked into a couple different coordinators, Lori Lawrence, Cherise with a Perfect Wedding Maui, and I finally decided on my current planner, Sandra from A Maui Wedding Day.  She works off a flat fee and has been terrific helping plan my wedding and I can't wait to meet her in June.  My advice is just to find a couple and call them, get a feel for how they work and how they can help you, and look to see if they fit your budget, then go from there. 
  • I'm using Cherise with the Perfect Wedding. Im am still 9 months away from my wedding, but so far she has been excellent with responding and providing input on my random questions. 
  • edited May 2013
    I used Lori Lawrence in November. I'd use someone else. She is really bad about responding to emails and doesn't answer the phone when you call. I actually waited a couple of months at one point to hear back from her. She will respond promptly when you're about 2 weeks out, but before that, you can forget being a priority.

Most importantly, she did not book my makeup artist like she was supposed to do. I only found out when the makeup artist didn't show up the day of the wedding. Lori told me 6 months prior to the wedding that she'd booked her. 

From what I understand, she used to be very good. I've heard several negative things about her since my wedding, but they are mostly about her poor response time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sorry, not sure about Maui, but should you change to Oahu, Hawaii Weddings and Events was amazing and has been by many ladies here on the board

• Laurie Terry from Makena Weddings was my coordinator. I was on a budget as well, but called 10 different coordinators (including all the ones named above) and really just loved my vibe from Laurie. She charges 20% fee, but I told her my budget concerns and she said she would 100% work with me to make sure wedding was on budget and it was! She was so supportive and responsive and really seemed to care about us as a couple and not about churning out another wedding. I have a full review i'll be posting soon, but definitely call and chat with her! Her husband, Al Terry, was our officiant and totally awesome too!
  • I worked with Tina Digman from Food for the Soul Catering. SHE WAS AMAZING. Will let you do everything, or she'll book everyone. Whatever you want!
  • I worked with a girl who worked with Belle....let me tell you, she was a DREAM!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards