October 2013 Weddings

Bar Options

2»

Re: Bar Options

• snippet17 said:

lplions said:

Ours is just an open bar it's literally like 2.00 per person so it's less then one drink and we don't have to worry about it the night of

Seriously? only $2 PP? *jealous*

ETA: what are you hosting? beer, wine, champagne, liquor? pop/soda, water, juice, etc?

Haha ya total depending in the guest amount we are paying 17.50-19.95 per person for food (2 entrees 3 sides plus salad and bread) and open bar. Liquor beer non alcoholic champagne for toasts. and coffees juice. It's not top shelf but it works great around here!!! Our reception is in a ballroom I talked them from the original price of 37 pp since we are getting married on a Wednesday.

that is so cheap. I am jealous! It doesn't have to be top shelf, as long as it is not a cash bar it is all good.

Haha ya! And can you believe we are still struggling to come up with $ for 100 people I keep telling fi we have it luckyyyyy living in Missouri!
    image 165 Asked to join at our big day.
    image 7 Are coming; cameras in hand ready to party!
    image 5 Are missing out on the fun.
    image 153 Haven't found the mail box back to us.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • shannie11 said:
    We are having open bar for at least cocktail hour.  After that we are just doing wine with dinner and a half champagne pour toast.  I may leave the bar open for just the bridal party and parents though.  I haven't decided yet.
    wait, so... you would allow the WP to have say, liquor/beer, but not the rest of your guests?? I'd say go all or nothing.
  • lplions said:
    haha! Granted.... the shower did start at like, 4pm and lasted until like.... 11. People just wouldn't leave, which was fine by us. We had 40 lbs of bbq'd tri-tip and about 10 lbs of bbq'd pork. It was more like roasted, though. Not your "normal" bbq. And beans (!) and chips and veggie platters and what not. And s'mores! It was a very good party.
    ...yes, but did you serve bean dip?  It's not a party without bean dip!
  • snippet17 said:

snippet17 said:

lplions said:

Ours is just an open bar it's literally like 2.00 per person so it's less then one drink and we don't have to worry about it the night of

Seriously? only $2 PP? *jealous*

ETA: what are you hosting? beer, wine, champagne, liquor? pop/soda, water, juice, etc?

Haha ya total depending in the guest amount we are paying 17.50-19.95 per person for food (2 entrees 3 sides plus salad and bread) and open bar. Liquor beer non alcoholic champagne for toasts. and coffees juice. It's not top shelf but it works great around here!!! Our reception is in a ballroom I talked them from the original price of 37 pp since we are getting married on a Wednesday.

that is so cheap. I am jealous! It doesn't have to be top shelf, as long as it is not a cash bar it is all good.
    Haha ya! And can you believe we are still struggling to come up with $ for 100 people I keep telling fi we have it luckyyyyy living in Missouri!

Mine is about $100-130 per person. Kids under 3 are free and I have a high min. price that I have to use in food and booze.

Oh my gosh. I would elope! Lolllll!!! Could not do it!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The avg in saint Louis is 20-40k were hitting around 9-10 with the deals I worked with vendors. But we would be much happier and comfortable around 5 lol!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're doing hosted beer (two kinds) and wine (three kinds) from cocktail hour until a half-hour before the reception officially ends (venue's rules). We're having the reception at a country club, so there will be a full bar and we can't stop people from buying mixed drinks if they prefer it.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • *eye twitchy*

OMG!  @alisonmarie658 what a neat idea for engagement photos.  I kind of wish I could talk him into those.  Actually...bet I could. 

That said, holy SCHNIKES!  $100k for a wedding?!  Head.Blown.  Horseback riding OR wine tasting? 

I tend to do a lower class version of that; beer drinking on horseback.  Nothing but the best for me!  LOL!!

I would have felt super awkward not knowing how dressy to be for some of those events too.  But, sounds like you still had fun....I hope.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards