Not Engaged Yet

Weekend Update

Morning! How was your weekend?

Friday, H and I were lazy. It was pouring and so we ordered in and rented 'This is 40' which was cute (but long). 

Saturday, we went to my brother and SIL's in Philly to meet my new nephew! He's 5 weeks old now and too cute for words. I love him <3 

After that, we drove to DE for my cousin's engagement party which was so much fun. I love spending time with that side of my family (my dad's side, when he isn't there of course). There was a ton of alcohol and I was definitely drunk. H and I got home at 1am. 

Yesterday, I got to see Bri!!! We laid on the beach for a while and then walked over to the seafood festival which was delish. Last night, H and I went out for a nice dinner to "celebrate" our 6 years together. Time has FLOWN! 

Such a great weekend!

Re: Weekend Update

• sounds like you had a fun weekend with a lot going on! 

Friday night, H and I went to go eat with a couple friends, and then grabbed some iced coffee at a tasty little bakery.  Saturday, we got up super early (after we got to bed late on Friday, like 1 AM?) to run by the farmer's market, the bank, and then a 45-minute drive across town to pick up some medicine for Baxter at the vet.  I got a DELICIOUS lemon drizzle tart cherry scone at the farmer's market for breakfast, and then I got a bunch of seedlings to replace the ones all this crazy weather ruined in my garden.

we had lunch at our house yesterday with another couple of friends.  we grilled steak and I sauteed some zucchini, peas (from the garden!), shallots, and grape tomatoes with lemon thyme from my herbs.  and an arugula salad topped with a tomato/red onion/balsamic/basil "dressing".  my friend brought over a lemon drizzle pound cake that is my new favorite dessert!!  we ate way too much of it, but it was wonderful.

this week I have a bunch to catch up on.  the last week and a half I had a pretty bad time with my PMDD, so I am behind in almost everything.  oh well, it's a new week!!
  • @CocoBellaF - All of that food sounds so, so good! Is Baxter ok?

• Friday night R and I stayed in and watched Warm Bodies...we pick really strange movies lol

Saturday I had a drs appt and got put on new BC so here's to hoping it works better. Then I walked around the mall for a bit, finally used my sephora gift card- first time ever buying something from there...
    Then I went and spent two hours reading at Barnes and Nobles, then went to dinner by myself - took myself out for pear and Gorgonzola pizza. Then went over to R's and watched the Blackhawks beat the kings to go to the cup finals!!

Sunday I finally cleaned out the spare room for G to move in this weekend. Needless to say I put most of the stuff in my room until I can deal with it. Laundry, grocery shopping and cleaning rounded out my day.

I still have a lot to around the house but it was a good start.
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

OMG your nephew is so adorable! I love his little outfit!

This weekend was our bridesmaids luncheon. @mhollister89 has all the pics so I'll let her post whatever ones she chooses. It was a big hit! All of our food turned out great and everyone loved the little potted succulent favors we made. I think everyone had a good time and they are all looking forward to dress shopping in a couple of weeks.

BF and I spent the remainder of our weekend moving boxes and spending money. We bought new locks for the doors, paint for our bedroom and bathroom, GFCI outlets, an air compressor (according to BF it was "on sale"), a new dryer vent, and just tons of other stuff. BF was basically like a kid in a Toyrs R Us when we made our visit to Lowe's. Our realtor also bought us a grill which we will hopefully have assembled soon.

Our really big news is we are getting a puppy!! Mholl's coworker has a bunch of black lab mix puppies that are nearly ready to go home so we'll be taking one to our new home in a couple of weeks once we've moved everything in. I am SO excited. It's going to be a ton of work but I really think she'll add to our lives in more ways that we can even know right now. Anyway here is a pic of our little girl! Everyone meet Cinders! Once we bring her home I'll have way more pics and plenty more to AW. :)

• Friday night, BF & just hung out at home, had sushi & watched TV. Our friend who was puppysitting Violet for the weekend came over & picked her up - and five minutes after they left, BF & I looked at each other & were both like "I MISS VIOLET!!"

Saturday, we got up early & drove down to Jersey for BF's best friend's bridal shower (he's the Man of Honor. Yes, that's right, the Man of Honor - on the bride's side). It was gorgeous, and her mom made SO.MUCH.FOOD. We went back to the bride's house Saturday night, grilled, hung out by the pool, played lawn games, drank, etc. The three of us were talking in the garage at one point and she mentioned how happy she was for BF, how much she loved me, and that she wants us to get married. BF agreed. <3

Sunday, we drove up the shore a bit and saw RDR & Mr. RDR! Hung out on the beach for a little bit, where I blinded everyone in a mile radius with my pasty whiteness, then ate some delicious seafood - including alligator bites (which totally tasted just like chicken.) We drove home, picked up Violet, grabbed some pizza, and were in bed by 10 p.m.

It was a fun weekend!! :-)

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• rdr, your nephew is adorable, and lmholl, I love your puppy!

I had a very exciting weekend, filled with learning. I went to my knitting class Saturday morning, where I learned how to pick up and knit stitches around the outside of a piece. I also learned how to incorporate I-cord into the piece, and I taught myself how to knit with two colors, one every other stitch, after class was done. This is what I'm making over the next 3 weeks, if anyone is interested.

Class: Fair Isle Bag

Instead of the purple, I'm using a dark navy blue, and instead of the two greens, I'm using a light green and a periwinkle, but I'm not sure which will be where yet.

Sunday BF and I went to a local arts & crafts fair. It was kind of yucky weather, lots of rain, and I didn't end up buying anything, but there were a couple of cool booths. One had a guy who carved, burned, and painted antlers; the other one had a guy who machined river rocks and glued them together into rain gauges, business card holders, and bud vases. We also saw our old college band conductor, who is indirectly responsible for the two of us getting together (he conducts the band we met in my first week at college).
  • @IrishDreamer - How was Warm Bodies? I actually heard it was pretty good. What'd you buy from Sephora?

@lmhollister - OMG PUPPY! She is so cute! 

@BriSox81 - Loved seeing you and S this weekend! Can't wait for our PLL date tomorrow night and oh. my. god: 4 freaking days until BOSTON!!! 

• @lmhollister - what a cutie!!  I love puppies.

@rdr716 - Bax is OK.  he has an allergy to flea bites, and we finally figured out they are getting them from a field we let them play in on walks.  so no more field, and we had to go get flea pills because even the best flea topical wasn't getting rid of them fast enough.  poor Bax has really been suffering, but he is doing better now.  thankfully, there were only like 4 or 5 fleas and not a ton of them, but that's all it takes for Bax to swell up and get little rashes all over.  :( 

aaaaaaand the flea pills are $22 a pill.  WHAT??  thankfully the vet gave me two for the price of one this time, so Bella could have one too.  :(
  • @CocoBellaF - Aw poor little guy! That reminds me that I need to put the flea/tick stuff on Lucy tonight when I get home. 

• @rdr716 it was good! Ridiculously unrealistic but it was funny and was enjoyable to watch. R and I have really odd senses of humor lol. We also watched wreck it Ralph- which he picked out. I think I may be able to talk him into going to see despicable me 2 in theaters..... Maybe lol. We both hate spending money on theaters, but I REALLY want to see it.

At sephora I bought the sephora collection natural eye shadow palette, and 2 of the seohora eyeliners..... Not that I remember what they are called lol
  • @IrishDreamer - I want to see Monsters University when it comes out! I haven't seen Despicable Me still. I also haven't seen Up. 

• RDR - your nephew is super-cute and stylin' in his little outfit!
    LMHoll - Cinders is adorable! Great choice in names!
    Stitches - such an awesome tote. Please post pics when you're done!

I worked all day Saturday, first at the unit then baby-sitting until 1 am. It was an emotional weekend at the unit for sure, so I was pretty drained. I met up with some ladies from school on Sunday, and we studied until we couldn't anymore. Then I studied some more on my own. I just finished my first test of nursing school this morning, and thankfully they move fast - like really fast - in grading our tests, so I will know what I got in about an hour! So after I post this I'm gonna go catch up on some reading (not on TK, in my books, haha).
  • @rdr716 what the what?!?!? How have you not seen Up?? Remedy this....now!! Great friggin movie. I really want to see monsters university as well. That one we will probably red box though.

Have you seen Wall-e?? Please say you have!
  • @IrishDreamer - Sadly, no. I have really dropped the ball on my Disney-Pixar movie-watching over the past few years. I will, however, be at the theater to see Finding Nemo 2 the day it comes out. 

• @rdr716 we need to remedy this. Wall-E and UP are phenomenal!!! I love them. Also Nemo.... I can't wait for that!!
  • Ugh sorry I'm late on this. I had my gyno appointment this morning and to drive through a monsoon to get to work.

This weekend was great! The brunch was a success and I'm so glad everyone got to meet. Only one of my BMs couldn't come but she will meet everyone at their dress fitting next weekend. I was brave and I made sangria and a coffee cake for the first time! I was so proud of myself! We also had really cute sandwiches, quiche, a yogurt bar, mimosas, and choc covered strawberries. 

Sunday after church FI and I went and picked up our invitations! Yay! They look great! I plan to AW a ton a ton of stuff in a few moments because I've been lame and haven't posted any pictures of anything I've got wedding wise lately.
  • Friday--was fantastic. My doctor only saw patients until noon, so I got to leave early. And my roommate was just offered a new job. So we + my BF went to our favorite bar to celebrate.

Saturday-- I worked my last Saturday!! I now have 1 day a week off, thank you very much. Lol. After work I had a picnic on base with the BF. We were at a park, and there was a bald eagle perched in a tree very close to us. We were joking that it doesn't get more American than that.

Sunday-- I worked all day. Went grocery shopping. And then made it home in time to watch Army wives and then go to bed.
  • That is one adorable little baby!

My weekend was fan-fucking-tastic :)  BF had planned a trip to wine country, which was so much fun, and completely shocked me with a PROPOSAL on Saturday at the most gorgeous vineyard!  It was perfect, he is perfect, and last but not least, my ring is perfect!  We headed back Sunday afternoon and had dinner with FI's family for his step-grandfather's 99th birthday, and as if that and our engagement wasn't enough to celebrate, his step-sister announced that she and her H are expecting!  So pumped to soon be a wife AND an aunt! Needless to say, I've barely slept and I'm bouncing off the walls and probably will not get any work done today, but ahhhhh so worth it!  BEST.  WEEKEND.  EVER.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Belle2188 - Pics or it didn't happen!

• CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    This weekend DH and I purged our apartment of so much crap that we've been holding onto since before we moved in together 4 years ago. We did it in preparation for our upcoming move. I think we trashed about 15 bags full of stuff and then took another 5 or so bags to a donation center. We even emptied our storage unit in the basement. It was dusty and hard work, but actually pretty fun to go through random old stuff and laugh about how silly some of it was. Now we just need to get rid of our guest bedroom bed (do people buy used mattresses?)

We also went to brunch Saturday morning before starting the purge while our land lady showed our apartment to some people. And watched hockey Saturday night. . . GO HAWKS!!!
  • @Belle2188 - Woo! Congratulations!
  • @cschiano Go hawks!!!!!!!!!!
  • Here she is!

A little over 1.1 carats, colorless, and almosttt flawless.  Even the tiny diamonds in the setting were hand picked individually, which is so above and beyond but I so do not mind!  I can't stop staring at it!

...and here's the garden at the vineyard where he proposed:

Sorry they're all so big!  I suck at this!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Rdr your nephew is so adorable!!!!

This weekend was AWESOME, I went to Maine for my friend's 30th's birthday. Six girls just drinking and eating in the sun all weekend, it was perfection. My friend said it was the best birthday of her life, which is good because she's having a really hard time with turning 30. We were super sad to leave yesterday.

Today is her actual birthday and she is coming over to hang out with my sister and I tonight and watch one of our favorite movies, Across the Universe. I'm making dinner, which is actually more like 2 of her favorite appetizers - fried eggplant with tomato and fresh mozzarella slices, and baked buffalo chicken rangoons - should be fun :) If the rangoons make the cut I will be making them for @rdr716 and @BriSox81 THIS WEEKEND!!!! :P

• Belle2188Belle2188 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2013
    That didn't work, huh?

Okay, let's try again!

ETA:  Okay, so no actual picture, but the link works!  Is that good enough haha?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congratulations @Belle2188

Your ring is beautiful!
  • @cschiano - I'm cheering for the Hawks too! 

@Belle2188 - Pretty! Congrats!

@csousa1 - OMG I CAN'T WAIT!!!! I hope the rangoons work out because that sounds amazing. 

• Thank you guys!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Belle2188 I so had a sneaking suspicion when I read that you were going away for the weekend and that your BF (FI!) planned the whole thing. Congratulations! Your ring is gorgeous!
  • @belle2188, congrats! I thought the same as csousa. So excited for you! On my phone and can't see the pics, so I will have to squee over them later :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards