Jewish Weddings

Ketubah Calligrapher

I am an artist (and a newly engaged bride) who is interested in painting my own ketubah. I would like to be able to work with a calligrapher to mark up where the text would fall on the page, then create the painting, and hand it off to a rabbi or calligrapher to write the text over it. Has anyone heard of this being done before, or know of any calligrapher who would agree to do such a thing? Any estimations of cost for just calligraphy alone?

Re: Ketubah Calligrapher

• RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    i'm not sure if she does it or not, but the artist i used does custom work so she may be open to it... her website is www.theketubah.com
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • reebsreebsreebsreebs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want a printed one, instead of hand calligraphy, a lot of the on-line companies will sell you an un-adorned one. Just the words, in a circle or rectangle. If you want a hand-done one, contact your rabbi or chabad in your area.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you Rachiemoo- I spoke with her and she has done this many times before! Will go with her!
  • i know this was written a long time ago, but iei515 - do you remember how much this cost and how long it took? I am considering doing the same (hand painting a ketubah and asking for a calligrapher to write the text) for my brothers wedding this august, and would love to find a calligrapher in nyc for the right price!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards