October 2013 Weddings

Show your Bling

2»

Re: Show your Bling

• My bling. It's an aquamarine which is our son's birthstone.

We got engaged two weeks ago up in New Hope, PA.  It wasn't overly romantic (we had our son with us), but my FI did get on his knee... and then Dax tried to eat the ring. :-/  I think the highlights for me was FI telling me he wrapped the ring in microfiber so it wouldn't get scratched.  (Dude loves microfiber!)  Also, that he put on his work calendar that he was taking off because he was "getting engaged".

image image

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  
    <3 Lots o' love to my Labor Buddies mommynpink & alliebooberz <3

Wedding Countdown Ticker

I *really* love Pinterest!

• Just bought it today. I had to leave it to be sized :( I should have it tomorrow!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Got engaged last April :-) Wedding is this Oct! He got down on one knee in our old apartment. It was private, intimate, and perfect.
  • This is my ring.  We got engaged July 2012.  FI went and picked a rose from our front yard and told me, "I know I'm not perfect and you are not perfect, but together we are perfect.  Would you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"  It was really sweet!!!  He plays softball, A LOT, so I really thought he would propose out at the fields.  It was a wonderful surprise!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • here is my bling! two karats, plain and simple. just what i wanted! he proposed to be while on a cruise in the caribbean. we were in bridgetown barbados and it was thanksgiving day when he proposed, he had roses written out saying marry me and roses all throughout the room. perfect!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had been together for just over 3 years...living together for about 2.5. We'd talked about getting married but he never pulled the trigger and I was beginning to think he never would. Well one Sunday night after I had gone to bed he comes in and flips on our ridiculously bright land I think I called him a name...he was digging around in the closet and I was getting more annoyed by the second with the light still on. Next thing I know he is kneeling next to the bed and proposing! I was so completely caught off guard and surprised! Love every sweet wonderful word he said.
  • I'm a sucker for sapphires.

Officially hitched as of 10/25/13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Here is my ring.  I knew he had the ring (he can't keep a secret).  But, it was just a nice quiet night at home with the two of us.
  • He told me his mom had a family ring but he wasn't sure it was my style- considering when we went looking at rings late last year I fell in love with a princess cut with halo. He wanted to add to the ring, but in the end the time crunch (see below) left him just enough time to have it cleaned and sized. It's a heart shaped solitaire that was apparently an anniversary ring of his moms. The enhancer we picked as my band will actually make it amazing.

We set our date last week and even booked our venue (we found out we are expecting our first in February so we put the fast track on things). Sunday after I gave him a touching Father's Day card he got down on one knee right there in my living room. He mentioned how its the place we'll be starting our family, etc. It turned out to be a perfect moment between the 2 of us. And now we are planning a wedding in less than 4 months.
  • He told me his mom had a family ring but he wasn't sure it was my style- considering when we went looking at rings late last year I fell in love with a princess cut with halo. He wanted to add to the ring, but in the end the time crunch (see below) left him just enough time to have it cleaned and sized. It's a heart shaped solitaire that was apparently an anniversary ring of his moms. The enhancer we picked as my band will actually make it amazing. We set our date last week and even booked our venue (we found out we are expecting our first in February so we put the fast track on things). Sunday after I gave him a touching Father's Day card he got down on one knee right there in my living room. He mentioned how its the place we'll be starting our family, etc. It turned out to be a perfect moment between the 2 of us. And now we are planning a wedding in less than 4 months.
    Welcome to the board! Can you do an intro post please so we can get to know you? (See the "ATTENTION NEWBS" thread for the q's)
  • This is the photo from our engagement session. This was all my FI idea and I LOVE IT!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We were at the drive in theater (a first for me) when he asked if I liked long engagements or short ones. The question threw me & I'm sure the shocked look gave that away because he quickly followed it up with a sweet but nervous ramble about how he had ordered a ring that he designed himself but couldn't wait for it to be made & ended with a proposal. When the jeweler finished the ring, he rushed to my house got down on his knee in my kitchen & asked again even though I had already said yes & we had been planning the wedding for over two months. I think he was more nervous with ring in hand than he was when he actually proposed. It was sweet...both times.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My ring is the engagement ring that my dad had given my mom when they were married 29 years ago, when he passed away my mom kept it for me to someday have and my FI had to ask for it from my mom and step dad.  We have been together for 3 years now and we are so very excited to start our lives as Husband and Wife

This is the proposal story in his words, because he remembers it all so much clearer than I do as I had no idea :)

On December 24th 2012, I worked up the courage, after asking Heather's family of course, if they would allow me to take her hand. We were at Crystal mountain for the annual trip that her parents take the family up to, something of which I had done with them the previous year. They have a tradition of having a white Christmas, so we go up every year and play in the snow, then exchange one gift. I suppose by now my gift is very apparent. It was cleverly hidden in a bottle of bubbles, yes like the kind you blow(inside joke/moment from early in our dating) I had the honor of giving Heather the ring that her late father, Ken, proposed to her mother with. It was attached to the end of the bubble wand. Along with some special instructions I had wrote out for Heather to act out, after she had closed her eyes to pull the wand out and make a wish, she opened them to find me on one knee. I think the moment was such a shock she failed to realize the ring was on the end of that bubble wand. She became speechless but still managed to get out the yes. This is a moment that I will never forget for the rest of my life. 
  • kstan08kstan08 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2013
    Having trouble posting....trying again.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kstan08kstan08 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2013
    My FI had just gotten a truck. I had seen a picture on Pinterest with someone stargazing in the back of a pickup with loads of pillows and blankets and showed him several months before. Anyway, when we first started dating we used the google skymap a lot to stargaze so he thought it would be the perfect opportunity. He put a mattress in the back of his truck along with a billion pillows. We went to the middle of nowhere and looked at the stars. :) I had absolutely nooooo idea! He had put the ring on a necklace around a stuffed owl (i love birds...and trees..)and gave it to me in the back of the truck. Of course I said yes. :) This is my ring!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine is a close up! He proposed at a steakhouse inside in the Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas! He had the server video tape it! Hahaha! Talk about embarrassing!! And kinda cute!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Hourd43 are you stones held in place but a certain amount of pressure? I have heard of this style of ring before but this is the first one I have seen. Very beautiful!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• prettybirdy27 yes I can!  Very beautiful!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We've been engaged over a year (August 25, 2012) and I'm just adding this now. 

He picked it out all on his own, and it was a total surprise to me. (Not a surprise that we would get married - I always knew that, but when and how he proposed was a surprise, as was the design of the ring.)

He told me he wanted something simple and beautiful, with the emphasis on the main stone.  I love it!

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• We got engaged on Christmas Eve 2012 after having dated since October 26, 2007! We will be married on 10/5/2013. Can't wait :)

He proposed at the same place we took our prom pictures when we were in high school. It is at our local "waterway" that has a bunch of pretty fountains. So we went and got Red Velvet Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory and ate it there as a stall until my family could arrive to see the proposal :)

1385876 10200959833108451 1467805166 n
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards