Trashy Confessions

Re: Trashy Confessions

• rajahmdrajahmd member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited August 2013
  • rajahmdrajahmd member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited August 2013
  • 1.) I'm having a buffet.  Can't wait for those messy scalloped potatoes!

2.) I too, am a whale (although I'm not entirely sure what that means)

3.) My wedding heels were $30, but I have to wear two different sizes, so I had to get 2 pairs :(  I have a pair of $15 flats for later JIC.

3.) My dress is handmade (not by me), but it's going to look way more awesome than anything in a store.

4.) I'm wearing a pearl necklace but having diamond and sapphire earrings set in white gold.  I have no idea how to accessorize and this will probably be trashy.

5.) I wear flip flops 9-10 months out of the year.....In Vermont.  FI does the same, but about 11 months.

6.) I drink wine out of a plastic cup.

7.) Fake flowers, all the way

8.) We're going to have our DJ play "Stars and Stripes Forever" when we cut the cake.  I swear we're not the "overly-patriotic" type (not trying to sound offensive there)....we're just massive band geeks.

9.) We're driving ourselves to the ceremony and reception.  Same for the WP.  How klassy.

10.) We're not doing favors or a dollar dance, which is going to piss off a few of our guests.

11.) Dry wedding, but we're going to fake people out by having a sparkling cider toast.  PSYCH!

• @wittykitty14 - "Stars and Stripes Forever" is awesomely trashy. As a trombone player, I'm a huge Sousa nerd!

Also trashy:

- fake flowers. I MADE the bouquets! *gasp
    -sandals
    -bought a dress from a department store!
    -will also be DD
    -I might make my own headpiece if I decide to wear one

But since I don't have any "whales" in my bridal party and am not having mashed potatoes, I feel that I'm only partially trashy. I might have to work on that...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @wittykitty14 - "Stars and Stripes Forever" is awesomely trashy. As a trombone player, I'm a huge Sousa nerd!

Also trashy:

- fake flowers. I MADE the bouquets! *gasp
    -sandals
    -bought a dress from a department store!
    -will also be DD
    -I might make my own headpiece if I decide to wear one

But since I don't have any "whales" in my bridal party and am not having mashed potatoes, I feel that I'm only partially trashy. I might have to work on that...

YAY for trombones!  FI and I play trombone too!  That's how we met!  He wants to have Sousa marches played during dinner...I think I'm ok with this.

We're also having a trombone choir for our processional and recessional, and we're having them play 76 Trombones when we enter the reception :)

• This isn't for my wedding, but I'm a BM this fall and the bride asked us to wear a black dress that is at least knee length for her beach wedding.  I just bought mine for $10 from (gasp!) a consignment store.  It's beachy but full length which feels a bit odd to me, so I'll also be having it hemmed to just below the knee and having the bottom made into a shawl.  The horror!
  • @tarratall - I REALLY like your trashy Publix cake. That is awesome!
    *********************************************************************************

• 1) I am wearing flats on my wedding day

2) I would wear flip flops or be barefoot every day if I could. When I must wear real shoes they are always flats. Super trashy

3) We are having a bomb ass buffet so I can pig out.

4) I also drink cheap wine out of anything but wine glasses...coffee mugs, plastic cups, etc. I got wine glasses for our shower and don't plan on using them.

5) I secretly wish our wedding cake was make out of glazed donuts.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1.) I'm having a buffet.  Can't wait for those messy scalloped potatoes!

2.) I too, am a whale (although I'm not entirely sure what that means)

3.) My wedding heels were $30, but I have to wear two different sizes, so I had to get 2 pairs :(  I have a pair of $15 flats for later JIC.

3.) My dress is handmade (not by me), but it's going to look way more awesome than anything in a store.

4.) I'm wearing a pearl necklace but having diamond and sapphire earrings set in white gold.  I have no idea how to accessorize and this will probably be trashy.

5.) I wear flip flops 9-10 months out of the year.....In Vermont.  FI does the same, but about 11 months.

6.) I drink wine out of a plastic cup.

7.) Fake flowers, all the way

8.) We're going to have our DJ play "Stars and Stripes Forever" when we cut the cake.  I swear we're not the "overly-patriotic" type (not trying to sound offensive there)....we're just massive band geeks.

9.) We're driving ourselves to the ceremony and reception.  Same for the WP.  How klassy.

10.) We're not doing favors or a dollar dance, which is going to piss off a few of our guests.

11.) Dry wedding, but we're going to fake people out by having a sparkling cider toast.  PSYCH!

1) We are serving finger foods and cake, and doing it in between lunch/dinner so that people will have eat before arriving at 2.

2) I am a whale, but as some of you said, my FH loves me anyway and that's all that matters to me.

3) My wedding shoes were Free.99, and are purple heels.

4) My Dress was bought on-sale from DB online, and will still be cheaper than the in store one after I alter it to fit...(and look just like the instore one).  My FMIL is making my jewelry and I'm making a set for the bridal party. 

5) I too wear flip-flops year round. Only time I won't is when it's been raining at least an hour straight prior to my leaving the house.  and then I wear flats.

6) Silk flower bouquets, and I made them myself.  I'm using butter-mints wrapped in our wedding colors as both a favor and part of the reception decor by placing it in candy dishes on the tables. 

7) not getting a DJ....  i-Tunes all the way here...  but I don't plan on having more than background music and the first dance & father daughter dance.  I will not be playing any disco if I can help it. 

8) Also driving ourselves, and driving to our honeymoon destination... in our own car.

9) Dry wedding here too... Lemonade, iced tea & water.  I'm not even shelling out for soda... but if I decide to,  you bet your bum it will be generic (or on sale).  Probably going to do the toast w/sparkling cider or sprite, since the FH is one of like 100 people in the whole world who doesn't like it. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cofkelcofkel member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    1. Sit down dinner but I insisted that for apps we had to have franks in a blanket and spinach dip-and also lipton onion soup mix dip with the veggies- venue lady thinks I am crazy.
    2. Def a whale-grandma told me big girls should wear simple clothes to not make themselves look bigger-instead I am wearing the most obnoxious blingy gaudy trashy shit I could find-and I love it.
    3. I bought my necklace at the wedding for 2.99 on the kohls sale rack.
    4. My shoes are my white old navy flip flops that I already owned, I think I may clean them however.
    5. Speaking of wine classes do any of you partake in what we call "shower soda" which is when you bring booze into the shower with you before you are going to go out for the evening? My friends and I did this in college and it stuck so I have plastic wine glasses that perfectly fit on a ledge in my shower so I can drink and not get water in them. Trashy? Maybe.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cofkel said:
    1. Sit down dinner but I insisted that for apps we had to have franks in a blanket and spinach dip-and also lipton onion soup mix dip with the veggies- venue lady thinks I am crazy.
    2. Def a whale-grandma told me big girls should wear simple clothes to not make themselves look bigger-instead I am wearing the most obnoxious blingy gaudy trashy shit I could find-and I love it.
    4. My shoes are my white old navy flip flops that I already owned, I think I may clean them however.
    5. Speaking of wine classes do any of you partake in what we call "shower soda" which is when you bring booze into the shower with you before you are going to go out for the evening? My friends and I did this in college and it stuck so I have plastic wine glasses that perfectly fit on a ledge in my shower so I can drink and not get water in them. Trashy? Maybe.

Anniversary

• @tarratall Those shoes are made of win.
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    Here's the trashy of the trashy. I had a male attendant on my side. We've also gotten drunk and slept together on numerous occasions (way before I met DH). We're the best of friends now.

Other trashy things from our wedding:

We got married on St. Patty's day just because we wanted a drunken party vibe.
    I didn't wear a bra,
    DH wore sneakers at the reception (oh the horror).
    He also wore a tux and we took our photos at 2 pm.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • sxyktn812 said:

Not trashy until the MOH grabs a piccolo for the solo.  THEN we might have a winner for the day. ;)
    HA!  One of my bridesmaids is an amazing flute and piccolo player, and loves playing that solo.  I can tell her that if she does this she'll win the trashy prize lol :)
  • here is my list of trashy:

My partner wore a tux at our 3pm ceremony.

we had all female attendants, 2 of which wore tuxedos, at a 3pm ceremony.

We had a buffet of Mexican food, and our caterer spoke zero english.

our FRIENDS helped us set up a bunch of stuff up the morning of the reception (they offered, and we accepted!  Trashy!)

My ceremony and reception was at a public park. And in a photo of the ceremony location, right before it started. you can totally see park creepers in the background.

We had a cookie/dessert and candy buffet.  I made all of the cookies (yep, about 30 dozen cookies and brownies)

My dumdum topiary fell over during the reception and one of the kids grabbed it and walked around the reception with it.

oh, I'm sure there is more.

• cofkel said:

You are a mad genius!
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

our FRIENDS helped us set up a bunch of stuff up the morning of the reception (they offered, and we accepted!  Trashy!)

My ceremony and reception was at a public park. And in a photo of the ceremony location, right before it started. you can totally see park creepers in the background.

We had a cookie/dessert and candy buffet.  I made all of the cookies (yep, about 30 dozen cookies and brownies)

My dumdum topiary fell over during the reception and one of the kids grabbed it and walked around the reception with it.

I made two of those for our wedding. My flower girls were in AWE. "But... can we eat dem? Will you be mad?"
  • AddieL73 said:
    I intended to wear crotchless panties at our wedding b/c I full-on planned on getting laid in my dress as soon as we got out of there, but I ended up getting my period the night before. That's full of all kinds of trash right there. 

I think DH really wanted to get some with my dress still on me but he didn't realize it had so many... layers...

Why didn't you photoshop them out? Shouldn't your photographer have cleaned up the background for you (i.e. kicked out the park creepers)? While photoshopping, you could have added a mermaid tail for yourself. Totally missed opportunity to class up your trashy photos...
    *********************************************************************************

Why didn't you photoshop them out? Shouldn't your photographer have cleaned up the background for you (i.e. kicked out the park creepers)? While photoshopping, you could have added a mermaid tail for yourself. Totally missed opportunity to class up your trashy photos...
    Run away with me.
  • AddieL73 said:

I intended to wear crotchless panties at our wedding b/c I full-on planned on getting laid in my dress as soon as we got out of there, but I ended up getting my period the night before. That's full of all kinds of trash right there. 

This is fucking brilliant. Have you ever been able to find ones that are moderately comfy? I love the idea of doing this but the ones I have are not ones I'd want to spend all day in first :-/
  • Oh please oh please will someone PM me the link to whatever started all of this?
  • Oh please oh please will someone PM me the link to whatever started all of this?
    On it.
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Oh please oh please will someone PM me the link to whatever started all of this?

me too, me too!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Crap, @NOLAbridealmost fill her in please

• AddieL73 said:

Thank God you got it the night before and not, like, right after you got your dress on. Oh, the horror.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards