Snarky Brides

New Rule

To steal Bill Maher's title.

People cannot walk DOWN an "Aisle", until they learn how to SPELL the word "Aisle".  It makes me irrationally irritated when people spell the word "isle".

Re: New Rule

• To steal Bill Maher's title.

People cannot walk DOWN an "Aisle", until they learn how to SPELL the word "Aisle".  It makes me irrationally irritated when people spell the word "isle".

Co-signed.
  • But.... but... what if they are getting married on an island? *runs away dodging fruit*

Unless they are walking the entire ISLE, they probably still have an AISLE on the ISLE to walk down. 
  • Ooh, fun!  New Rule:  If you don't know enough about vaginas to understand the difference between a pelvic exam and an abortion, and you HAVE one, you must have it super glued shut until such time as you are able to pass an 8th grade biology exam.

And I am ALL about the aisle/isle thing.  
    Was this from that same "vaginas are black hole monsters" thread?
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• @lingerlonger1 I love it

it's so sad the lack of grammar and spelling skills people have.

Anniversary

• LAM524LAM524 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    Oh I have a good one! "Confessional" as in a ceremonial walkway! I ALWAYS laugh out loud....cant help it!!!

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif
  • I get irrationally ragey when I see "sister in laws." Wrong plural!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• ViczaesarViczaesar member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2013
    Cawfee and "Foe-pa".  Never to be seen again, please.

• Ooh, fun!  New Rule:  If you don't know enough about vaginas to understand the difference between a pelvic exam and an abortion, and you HAVE one, you must have it super glued shut until such time as you are able to pass an 8th grade biology exam.

And I am ALL about the aisle/isle thing.  
    Was this from that same "vaginas are black hole monsters" thread?
    I assume it's about the Texas lawmaker dipshit who thinks that rape kits "take care" of pregnancies in rape victims.

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Viczaesar said:

Reminds me of a poster who used "Wahh-lahhhh" instead of "Voila"
  • @itzMS, I was so annoyed by that, I made it a FB status to ridicule like a week ago. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • cofkelcofkel member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    I have a friend who manages a social networking page for a store. She always spells "chic" as sheik. It drives me crazy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cofkel said:
    I have a friend who manages a social networking page for a store. She always spells "chic" as sheik. It drives me crazy.
    what the actual fuck. Why does she have that job?!
  • cofkelcofkel member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    cofkel said:
    what the actual fuck. Why does she have that job?!
    Right? It is not the only dumb thing she writes on it, but that one makes me batty. She also often spells beautiful boo-tiful on it, I am not sure if she thinks its cute or what.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LeSwan85 said:

itzMS said:
    Viczaesar said:

That reminds me of a story my fiance told me when we first started dating. Fiance had a supervisor who used to say "Viola!" whenever they got a project done. Fiance and his coworkers figured she meant "voila!", but still, you know, she was not actually writing it correctly. Finally he and another coworker decided to send her a picture of a viola and they all laughed about it. I told him I'd have been tempted to start ending e-mails back with "cello!" or "trumpet!" at the end with no explanation.
    Maybe she was saying it on purpose.

A co-worker of mine (who passed away several months ago, sadly) used to say things like "I'm only humid." Not sure what percentage of those verbal slip-ups were unintentional, but he was a riot.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I can't stand when people say they are "doing good." No, you are not doing good. You are doing well. If you are chopping onions in a soup kitchen, then you are doing good.

Anniversary

• On the flip side, I'm always amused when people say that they "feel badly." This is perfectly correct, if your fingers are numbed. Otherwise, you feel bad.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• LeSwan85 said:
    LeSwan85 said:

itzMS said:
    Viczaesar said:

That reminds me of a story my fiance told me when we first started dating. Fiance had a supervisor who used to say "Viola!" whenever they got a project done. Fiance and his coworkers figured she meant "voila!", but still, you know, she was not actually writing it correctly. Finally he and another coworker decided to send her a picture of a viola and they all laughed about it. I told him I'd have been tempted to start ending e-mails back with "cello!" or "trumpet!" at the end with no explanation.
    Maybe she was saying it on purpose.

A co-worker of mine (who passed away several months ago, sadly) used to say things like "I'm only humid." Not sure what percentage of those verbal slip-ups were unintentional, but he was a riot.

Good point. After all, fiance and I now use viola in jest to mean voila.

I might have to start using "I'm only humid". Or if I'm feeling extra geeky "I'm only humanoid". /nerd

Sometimes when I make a mistake, another co-worker will say, "Remember, Megan, you're only humid," to try and make me laugh.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • After being away for almost two weeks for the wedding and honeymoon, this is the first post I have read and it made me laugh quite a bit.

I'm going to add to this list - people who say "gracias" but pronounce it "grassy-ass." H does it just to be funny, but so many people that's actually how you say it and it just sounds so wrong!
  • allispain said:
    After being away for almost two weeks for the wedding and honeymoon, this is the first post I have read and it made me laugh quite a bit.

I'm going to add to this list - people who say "gracias" but pronounce it "grassy-ass." H does it just to be funny, but so many people that's actually how you say it and it just sounds so wrong!
    I hate that too. It isn't funny. It makes people sound ridiculous, and a little uneducated.  When you use someone else's language, it's really offensive to use it as joke.
  • allispain said:
    After being away for almost two weeks for the wedding and honeymoon, this is the first post I have read and it made me laugh quite a bit.

I hate that too. It isn't funny. It makes people sound ridiculous, and a little uneducated.  When you use someone else's language, it's really offensive to use it as joke.
    My dad thought he was HILARIOUS when he said "Scratchy-ass" in Mexico. After the third time I smacked him on the arm like "Seriously shut the fuck up." My dad isn't the most tolerant man on the planet when it comes to other cultures.
  • allispain said:

My dad thought he was HILARIOUS when he said "Scratchy-ass" in Mexico. After the third time I smacked him on the arm like "Seriously shut the fuck up." My dad isn't the most tolerant man on the planet when it comes to other cultures.
    Oh man. That's even worse. I probably would have smacked him the first time he said it - you must have a better temper than I do :-)
  • allispain said:

He should seriously considering never traveling then.  So friggin rude.
  • Rule: Learn how to use parentheses if you're going to use them (if I don't know where to put the period I just won't put one)

WTF? where does the sentence end?

Anniversary

• allispain said:
    allispain said:

Oh man. That's even worse. I probably would have smacked him the first time he said it - you must have a better temper than I do :-)
    Well I was probably 12 at the time so I wasn't sure if I was *allowed* to call him out. But finally it just got so fucking annoying and he was relatively intoxicated so I took the chance. It worked out though, he did stop.

I know. He was pretty drunk the whole time and thought he was just sooooo funny. He honestly didn't MEAN any disrespect but it didn't make it any less disrespectful, KWIM? 
  • allispain said:
    allispain said:

Well I was probably 12 at the time so I wasn't sure if I was *allowed* to call him out. But finally it just got so fucking annoying and he was relatively intoxicated so I took the chance. It worked out though, he did stop.

I know. He was pretty drunk the whole time and thought he was just sooooo funny. He honestly didn't MEAN any disrespect but it didn't make it any less disrespectful, KWIM? 
    Yeah... I know...  although, I almost always think that people that don't MEAN disrespect, know better. They just act ignorant so they can keep doing it.  I'm not saying your dad is a big asshole or anything, but I really do think grown ass people know better.
  • I know. He was pretty drunk the whole time and thought he was just sooooo funny. He honestly didn't MEAN any disrespect but it didn't make it any less disrespectful, KWIM? 
    Yeah... I know...  although, I almost always think that people that don't MEAN disrespect, know better. They just act ignorant so they can keep doing it.  I'm not saying your dad is a big asshole or anything, but I really do think grown ass people know better.
    LMAO He's not a big asshole, I promise. I'm not going to make excuses for him because like you said, he's a grown ass man and should be aware that his behavior is shitty. I try to guide him in the right direction but you know about leading horses to water...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards