Not Engaged Yet

Weekend?

2»

Re: Weekend?

• Belle2188 said:
    FI is in Vegas this weekend for EDC so I'm on my own for most of it.

Tonight I'm looking forward to just opening a bottle of wine and cleaning the apartment.

Tomorrow night I have plans with two of my FSILs in the city--probably something low-key like a movie or pedicures though because one of them is prego!

Sunday we pick FI up from the airport and head straight back to the city for a baseball game with his family.  It pains me to go root for anyone but my Yankees, but I'm not going to pretend I know shit about baseball anyway so I really have no right to an opinion like that :x

@Jessica41381 Is the engaged encounter weekend similar to Pre-Cana?  I've heard of that before, but never a whole weekend.

I'm not sure since I'm not catholic but my fiancé is. I'm assuming so because this is the only requirement given to us by the priest other than when we took the foccus.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Oh, and for the ladies having trouble with their pups chewing through dog toys, have you tried the ones made of fire hose?  FI's parents have a very energetic labradoodle that destroys everything you give him in seconds, but he's had his for months.  It's something like this:  http://www.whitedogbone.com/kyjen-dog-toy-fire-hose-squeak-n-fetch-small?gdftrk=gdfV25255_a_7c1624_a_7c6390_a_7cKYJ050203&gclid=CISMy8HB9bcCFSzhQgodDDAAng
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @swazzle barcade is now on my bucket list. We are sooo going there this summer, be prepared.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    THRILLING weekend in store for me.

Tonight after work: Rearranging bedroom furniture!
    Saturday morning: Heading to the bank to close a checking account I should have closed 2 years ago (but then I will have some extra money I forgot I had--time for some serious shopping)
    Saturday afternoon: Cleaning out and reorganizing closets
    Sunday: Weekly apartment cleaning

Sometime, I have to squeeze in some work. I have to read a lot of papers and get some writing done. SO BORING.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @cschiano. It's actually someone I've known since high school. She's been super responsive until now. She finally got back to me this morning. So we're all set for tomorrow morning. We decided to start by the Shedd, but now I'm thinking I might head to North Ave beach to start. That way we an start on the beach, change, and then head somewhere that def says city.

This Headquarters Beercade sounds awesome. I love upstairs at Sluggers and this sounds like it would be better! I will have to check it out.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited June 2013
    suzie211 said:
    @cschiano. It's actually someone I've known since high school. She's been super responsive until now. She finally got back to me this morning. So we're all set for tomorrow morning. We decided to start by the Shedd, but now I'm thinking I might head to North Ave beach to start. That way we an start on the beach, change, and then head somewhere that def says city. This Headquarters Beercade sounds awesome. I love upstairs at Sluggers and this sounds like it would be better! I will have to check it out.
    I'm glad she got back to you. We did wedding pictures out by the planetarium (and in Lincoln park). But for our e-pics we went around the new boardwalk space and in the park by the zoo. It was nice. And we had a good view of the skyline in some of the photos. And now I will be an attention hoar and show you even though you didn't ask. 

• @cschiano I love those. I was thinking we could head that way after the beach and now I have to!
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Tonight is gym and dinner w/ BF.  Tomorrow I'm doing a 5.6 mile run in central park with my running group, then getting a mani/pedi at a salon I haven't tried yet (got a gilt city deal), then taking a cooking class, and finally meeting up with my parents for a late father's day dinner.  Sunday is laundry day, though I have a facial scheduled in in the afternoon (also a gilt city deal).
  • I get to wake up at ass o'clock AM on Saturday and Sunday because a study company decided that they HAD TO KNOW what was happening with a new patient I started today, and if we call from our personal phones, patients will call us on our personal phones if they need anything, so I need to be up early to talk to him when he's in the clinic for a blood draw. Also, not getting paid for this graaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh i hate morningssssss.

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @thejucheidea SO glad I'm not the only person who says, "ass o'clock." Sucks that you're not getting paid, totally uncool >:(
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @phira I usually prefer "insane o'clock." I'm not sure why.
  • @Courtpenguin21 - Yep! She's pure pittie :)

• @courtpenguin21 - Pics?! I love seeing other pits and meeting other owners. It makes me sad/angry/frustrated when people talk badly about them or make them out to be bad dogs. Lucy is better behaved than any dog I've ever met. 

• Aww reading all the Pitt stuff makes me sad.. My fur baby passed away last year :-(
  • @Jessica41381 - Aww I'm so sorry to hear that :(

• Thank you @Courtpenguin21 I have my other fur baby a 3 yr old chihuahua but she's completely different than my fur baby Kayaos.
  • @courtpenguin21 - My H was out walking Lucy and a woman turned the corner with what I like to call a 'little shit dog' (the scary little ones that bark incessantly and are just 100% annoying). The owner backed away and yanked her dog from Lucy and was like "is she friendly?" My H said yes, she loves other dogs. So she slowly let her dog walk over to Lucy and then the little shit dog attacked my puppy's nose! She had a huge gash for a week. He sent me a picture of her injury and I was SO mad. But MY dog is the bully, right?

• Jessica41381Jessica41381 member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    She's a princess lol. Kayaos my pitt was all boy and loved everything outside, fetch, walks, etc.. he believed he was a small lap dog and would climb on my lap if I was in a chair, while she thinks she is queen bee and is big and tough but both are/were complete love bugs!. She's not one of those annoying pesky barking kind of gals . She loves everyone and if allowed would lick everyone's face.
  • That's how my dogs are! Noel is the princess who is large and in charge (though small in stature) and Missy just thinks she is an oversized lapdog. And I owe pictures of my little ones so I am setting a reminder now to post them later.

I can't wait to see the pics!
  • Jessica41381Jessica41381 member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    They are adorable!
  • @Courtpenguin21 - She is SO cute! I want to snuggle her face off!!!

• buddysmom80buddysmom80 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2013

Sooo cute! I love the picture of the two of them snuggling together!!!!

ETA: I HATE when people generalize one breed as viscious. My neighbor has a gorgeous brindle Pittie and she is the biggest sweetheart. Everytime my neighbor walks her, Quigley and I run out to say hi and she's just a big ball of mush and loves to eat carrots so Quigley and Pittie (I forgot her name lol) have a carrot happy hour together. I told my mom this and she goes "aren't you worried the dog is going to attack Quigley?" I tried hard to not hang the phone up on her since her parents were Chow breeders and her Golden Retriever in her old age has turned into a big bitch. It's so bad with the Golden that my parents won't come over to my house now since they're afraid their dog will attack my dog.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @courtpenguin21 I should've made the note that my parent's golden was always a spoiled dog. If you didn't pet her RIGHT NOW she would put her paw on you and scratch really slow down your arm, it freaking hurt! She also loves ice cubes so if you had a glass in your hand she would jump up and knock the glass over! We all had death grips on our glasses!

I agree with you. It sucks to make generalizations with anyone or anything. People can be really freaking dense sometimes!

Give your fur babies lots of love from me!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • My first born fur prince Kayaos. 12/12/01-4/13/12 and my little princess Leyna
  • Thanks @Courtpenguin21. He was my baby and I enjoyed every minute with him! I think the worst part was he passed away on my birthday :-(. Leyna is a princess with a mischievous side lol if we block her from getting to the living room table (food on table) she will stuff herself under the couch to get around what ever we had blocking her just to try to get our food ..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards