Wedding Invitations & Paper

Offbeat wedding calls for... Tackiness disclosure!?

Re: Offbeat wedding calls for... Tackiness disclosure!?

• My heart, how it does break that Biff spurns me. Woe, woe!
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• biffsgirl said:

Thank's Daria! Yeah, my husband didn't care for peledramsofrain's comment and I don't know how to delete!

Hmm...the plot thickens.  Does this mean you're already married and your "wedding" is just a reenactment? 

• misshart00- I don't know how to delete my post (he posted)... new to discussion board. Common-law marriage, it's a habit.
    I don't understand what any of this means.
    She calls him her husband b/c they have been together long enough for common law. He is the one who posted to suck his ass, and she can't figure out how to delete (yet she managed to figure it out w/one of her earlier posts). 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • biffsgirl said:
    Suck my ASS!
    Wow, that is rude and unnecessary.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Actually yes!  Damn women are freaking brutal!

• wittykitty14wittykitty14 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    biffsgirl said:

Thank's Daria! Yeah, my husband didn't care for peledramsofrain's comment and I don't know how to delete!

Um, what?

ETA: Ah, I see now.  That common law business
  • i cant believe you are going to subject you guests to this torture for a PPD
    Anniversary
  • Ok ladies, I got off to a bad start. Just wanted some positive ideas help and feel like I just got ate alive! The "Suck my Ass" post is humiliating and I can't seem to delete only edit.

I appreciate your feedback some more than others. I am nothing of what this discussion is making me out to be. Quite frank I probably don't belong here.

Thanks for the wonderful hour!

• I want to ask again. Why don't you want to have a reception?
  • AddieL73 said:

Will we fly first class or ride in a trailer? I need to know how to dress. 

Well, I won't travel without drinks, so that rules out trailers. First class it is!

Anniversary

• I would love to... I just can't afford to cater and don't have the man power to cook for all our guest.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • biffsgirl said:

I would love to... I just can't afford to cater and don't have the man power to cook for all our guest.

Then have less food and at a non meal time. Or trim your guest list. Those are your options.
  • biffsgirl said:
    I would love to... I just can't afford to cater and don't have the man power to cook for all our guest.
    A reception doesn't have to be a full meal. If you get married at a non-meal time, serving cake, snacks and punch is perfectly acceptable. Maybe with a morning wedding (to avoid desert heat) you could do pastries and something non-sweet, like a veggie tray. If you have a lot of people traveling very far, I would serve something more substantial, though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • biffsgirl said:

Thank you so much BostonGirl! The only reason the wedding is planned around our life is because we just bought a house and our budget is minimal.

Do you think it would still be rude/tacky if I just provided pastries, coffee, water, tea before the ceremony? Many people will not want to stay and can grab food on the way home. There is just no way we can feed all and my fiance' will NOT cut the list.

Can't please everyone... especially me!

Then don't marry your fiance.  It is rude to invite people you're not willing to feed.  Feeding them before the ceremony doesn't cut it.

I would never be willing to be one of the "Many people will not want to stay and can grab food on the way home" because I'd just stay home.
  • edited August 2013
    Post removed due to GBCK

Anniversary

• zobird said:

Do you mean "kiss my ass"? Because I haven't heard of ass-sucking.

Also, you are acting like a child. You sure don't seem mature enough to understand the profundity of marriage.

A desert for several hours? Really? Parasols and paper fans are not going to cut it. You are going to have a very sunburnt group on your hands - assuming that people decide that they want to spend a hungry afternoon in the desert, that is.

Zobird, I shall helpfully explain what Biff was requesting: It is referred to as feltching, and usually involves two men. Google at your own discretion.
    I'm afraid.
  • Thanks! I would if I could, it's just so complicated. My sister who lives in NZ will be in the states visiting, and our pastor is only available at this time. Not to mention it falls on the first weekend of open season and 60% of friends will already be out there. This is silly, I guess I will just make it work.

• biffsgirl said:

Thanks! I would if I could, it's just so complicated. My sister who lives in NZ will be in the states visiting, and our pastor is only available at this time. Not to mention it falls on the first weekend of open season and 60% of friends will already be out there. This is silly, I guess I will just make it work.

If you can't host your guests properly then you shouldn't invite anyone.  There are no special circumstances and nothing you can tell us that will make us change what we are saying.

Either host your guests properly or elope.

• Lady, I get that you are feeling defensive because your ideas are not getting validated, but this is good advice. You should stop tapping your keyboard and pay attention because you're not showing a lot of class where people are helping you.

We're just a group of internet strangers who are offended for your guests. Aren't you concerned about making this a day that people will WANT to partake in and remember fondly? You should see this positively and as a wake up call that prevents you from a day of judgement and annoyance.

Everything about what you are doing is rude. I would not attend your wedding knowing what you wrote in the first paragraph.

Also, I want to ask if you have any disabled guests? If so, is the transport vehicle going to accommodate those guests? We went to a wedding recently where there was a shuttle, but no one thought about those with disabilities who couldn't get on it.  They also didn't think about how there was no real way for a wheelchair to get to the ceremony area and my fiance fell out of his chair trying to get back up. He was fine, but completely embarrassed.
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • Thanks bunni727! That's exactly what we are doing; However the ceremony will be over closer to lunch time 11:15. I just figured if they didn't want to come back to our property afterwards, they can catch lunch on the way out.

Would you be clear on your invites so guest understand that a formal reception will not follow ceremony?

•  Few disable guests that will be able drive steps from ceremony.

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    biffsgirl said:

Few disable guests that will be able drive steps from ceremony.

But everyone else has to trek up the dirt road in a hay wagon. Nice.

This is just too much for me.

• edited July 2013
    biffsgirl said:

Thanks bunni727! That's exactly what we are doing; However the ceremony will be over closer to lunch time 11:15. I just figured if they didn't want to come back to our property afterwards, they can catch lunch on the way out.

Would you be clear on your invites so guest understand that a formal reception will not follow ceremony?

Yes, then at least guests can make an informed decision regarding whether they want to drive the 3 hours for the 20 minute ceremony or not without being properly accomodated at a meal time.  I think you'll find that your guest list shrinks down a lot.
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • biffsgirl said:

Thanks bunni727! That's exactly what we are doing; However the ceremony will be over closer to lunch time 11:15. I just figured if they didn't want to come back to our property afterwards, they can catch lunch on the way out.

Yes, then they can decline when they know they won't be properly hosted.  Cake and punch if fine if your wedding is during a non-meal time (2-5 pm) or 8pm or later.  But if your wedding is at 11:15, then you need to serve a full meal afterwards.  Not doing so is completely rude and inconsiderate of your guests.  You need to either cut the guest list to a number you can afford to feed, or just elope and not have any guests at all.  There is nothing wrong with having a wedding that is just parents, grandparents, and siblings (plus any SOs, of course). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards