Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Can I tell guests the colors of the decor?

1235»

Re: Can I tell guests the colors of the decor?

• Options
    I don't understand. You complain that we're not nice. So we try and give recommendations. Then you say that we're not your guests, so our opinion doesn't matter. But when Maggie tells you that you're over thinking this, you ask where to post this question where people will give you good answers. Your posts make no sense. Especially since you've changed the title 4 times. What is going on in your head?
    I don't get why you're confused. I didn't say your opinion didn't matter, I meant you can give it without putting yourself in the shoes of a guest that has gotten such as invite. I explained that I changed the title to try to make it better fit what I meant since clearly my word-choice did not communicate the meaning I wanted it to, and I was trying to avoid further issues.
  • Options
    mmdonnellymmdonnelly member
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2013
    PDKH said:
    PDKH said:
    Please tell me what jabs I handed out before you started your flagging rampage? 

You're being ridiculous. 
    Yes because someone flagged you it's time to say things like "you threw a tantrum" to me.
    Nope. Let's admire some time stamps. I said you threw a tantrum after you started abusing the flagging system.

And what else do you call screaming at people who disagree with you and flagging left and right?
    I didn't say I flagged you and I didn't say I ignored jabs at any certain point in time, rather I referred to the entire thread.
  • Options
    How are you not trying to influence them?

Your goal is for them not to wear the color you are wearing and to get them to wear fall colors.

You asked if you can write information related to this on your invitations.

Writing information to achieve the goal of your guests wearing fall colors, or not wearing a color is an attempt to influence them.

ETA: you can't make suggestions without people feeling compelled to follow them. Especially on a wedding invitation.

Does anyone else feel like this thread is Groundhog's Day??
    I asked if I could say it in a way so that people would feel free to ignore it.
  • Options
    Ok really - why did you post your question (or your 15 questions - I couldn't keep up with title changes) if you didn't want opinions that you say don't matter?
  • Options
    Do realize I don't know what this references, but it is amusing.
  • Options
    PDKH said:
    PDKH said:
    Please tell me what jabs I handed out before you started your flagging rampage? 

You're being ridiculous. 
    Yes because someone flagged you it's time to say things like "you threw a tantrum" to me.
    Nope. Let's admire some time stamps. I said you threw a tantrum after you started abusing the flagging system.

And what else do you call screaming at people who disagree with you and flagging left and right?
    I didn't say I flagged you and I didn't say I ignored jabs at any certain point in time, rather I referredto the entire thread.
    Right - and I say no jabs were given until the flags started popping up. And considering the flags magically appeared the same time you started getting upset, it's safe to say it was you. Unless you have a flagging fairy godmother lurking around here. 

Logic your way out of that one. 
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    PDKH said:
    Ok really - why did you post your question (or your 15 questions - I couldn't keep up with title changes) if you didn't want opinions that you say don't matter?
    If I could un-post it or lock it, I would.
  • Options
    Sierra524Sierra524 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    Yeah. Groundhog Day. I'm still so confused, even after OP "explained" it to me.
  • Options
    How are you not trying to influence them?

Your goal is for them not to wear the color you are wearing and to get them to wear fall colors.

You asked if you can write information related to this on your invitations.

Writing information to achieve the goal of your guests wearing fall colors, or not wearing a color is an attempt to influence them.

ETA: you can't make suggestions without people feeling compelled to follow them. Especially on a wedding invitation.

Does anyone else feel like this thread is Groundhog's Day??
    I asked if I could say it in a way so that people would feel free to ignore it.
    No.
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • Options
    http://www.betcheslovethis.com/files/uploads/images/0Zoolander-crazy-pills.gif

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    Where is that "Don't feed the trolls" sign?
    But, but, we just like to have fun. image
  • Options
    why didn't my like just make your post highlight?
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • Options
    Post hightlighting has been broken for a few weeks now.  So sad. :(
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    So I'm going to do my best here...

If your wedding is "fall-themed", I'm going to assume it's in the autumn season when those fall colors are popular in fashion anyway, so you'll probably wind up with guests dressed in the colors you'd prefer. To be honest, I can't tell you WHAT my guests wore with the exception of my cousin's beautiful powder blue dress that I'm still trying to find in my size. The pictures o f the guests will most likely NOT be the ones displayed in your house forever, so don't put too much time and effort into worrying about that.

If you decide to wear a white dress, take comfort in the fact that most people will avoid wearing white/cream/ivory/champagne colored dresses to weddings out of respect for the bride.

If you choose to wear a coloured dress, hopefully word will spread about your totally awesome offbeat choice in wedding attire. "Did you hear she's wearing a blue dress? I know, totally awesome!"

• Options

@PDKH, that song is now playing in my head. LOL

SOWWY - Cyndi Lauper just can't be contained. 

imageS

• Options
    edited July 2013
    @MuppetOverlord Thank you for your advice :)

@CourtaniaLynn Thank you for answering both of my questions.

@mrsridings061513 I was asking rather it was okay on the invite, the look for the wedding wasn't a concern. As I said before, I do agree with the point that it would be too much so thank you.

Thank you again to anyone I've already said thank you to. And to anyone new to the thread, my 2 questions have already been answered.
  • Options
    Clus.Ter.Fudge.
  • Options
    Did this just happen?

*********************************************************************************

• Options
    I feel like I stumbled upon a crime scene.  What the hell did I just read?
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Post removed due to GBCK
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    NYCBruinNYCBruin member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013
    I feel like I stumbled upon a crime scene.  What the hell did I just read?
    Madam, can you tell us where you were between the hours of 2 and 6pm yesterday? Was anyone with you that could confirm this? *writes notes suspiciously*
    Ha!  Sadly not participating in this clusterfuck.  Definitely would have been preferable to studying for the bar exam...

*goes back memorizing the hearsay exceptions and crying on the inside*
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards