January 2014 Weddings

Food!

What is everyone planning on doing for food at their reception?

I'm trying to keep my cost low and this is the most expensive aspect I've run into. I got my dress for $275, venue for $300, and my photographer is free. But all these caterers what $15/per person and with 50 people..thats around 2k! I would love to do a simple BBQ with a family member manning the grill, but in January that seems a little crazy. 

Re: Food!

• Yeah, I am doing a lunch buffet. For 75 people, I am spending about $2600. It is the biggest cost of my wedding, but I think it is worth it. We are doing salad, rolls, chicken, mac and cheese, broccoli, and mashed potatoes. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We are having a late night wedding to help keep costs down and are just doing snacks and stuff. Although I am thinking about incorporating a popcorn bar. What are your thoughts about that? I've never seen one so I'm not sure how well the guests would like it.
  • A popcorn bar sounds like fun! We are doing a sweets bar because he loves candy and i love brownies, cookies, you name it. haha.
  • I am also having a lunch reception, but right now I'm at $20/pp.  I plan to negotiate them down to $17/pp.  It is going to be butternut squash soup, potatoes, choice of chicken or roast beef, and veggies. 
    I'm also one of these crazy people who has decided to bake a lot for my own wedding, so for my "coffee hour" I'm going to be providing most of the food myself.  That will cut costs a bit, but time-wise it might be a bit stressful. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards