Wedding Etiquette Forum

Asking guest to rent a room.

124»

Re: Asking guest to rent a room.

• ROROWES said:
    What the fuck happened in here? Are we back in kindergarten where mommy needs to come to school and yell at the bully for stealing her kids milk money?

Nobody here has done anything but give sound advice. This however, is a new one on me. Maybe I should tell my mom to come join in. 

ETA: Spelling.

PDKH said:
    ROROWES said:
    You're the type of person I'm referring to. How childish! SMH

Right...and having your mom take care of meanies for you when you are an adult isn't childish
    AddieL73 said:
    Someone's mom came on to scold us? I think perhaps the Internet is not for her.
    If your child, grown or not, told you that people on the internet or anywhere else, were calling them dumb,and stupid, I'm sure you would be angry as well. The fact that you are calling yourselves bullies, meanies, and require scolding proves my point. 
    I never called anyone dumb or stupid. Please show me where I said such things. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ROROWES said:
    If your child, grown or not, told you that people on the internet or anywhere else, were calling them dumb,and stupid, I'm sure you would be angry as well. The fact that you are calling yourselves bullies, meanies, and require scolding proves my point. 

I have to jump in and make my first post to ask why she is running to you to tattle?

She posted that she was considering doing something controlling and rude, and a lot of people advised her not to do so.  Why is she running to mommy?

Also, step back and look at the situation objectively.  It's you and her.....and then everyone else. You both see major problems with this thread, this board, the users, etc.  What's the common denominator?  Or shall I ask who are the two common denominators? Think about it for a moment.

Officially hitched as of 10/25/13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• ROROWES said:
    What the fuck happened in here? Are we back in kindergarten where mommy needs to come to school and yell at the bully for stealing her kids milk money?

Nobody here has done anything but give sound advice. This however, is a new one on me. Maybe I should tell my mom to come join in. 

PDKH said:
    ROROWES said:

Right...and having your mom take care of meanies for you when you are an adult isn't childish
    AddieL73 said:
    How pathetic is it that you have to come to her rescue. If I bitched to my mom about how people on the internet were being "mean" she would tell me that they weren't worth it and to move on with my life...and if i even SUGGESTED to her that I wanted her to come defend me, she would laugh in my face.
    Anniversary

• ROROWES said:
    HA! You can shake your head till it falls off. 

Your daughter is the childish one here -- suggesting her guests stay overnight to avoid being late to her wedding.  WoW!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I know, P! Asshole points are very important. I don't know if I have the energy to read this thread again to verify, but I don't recall anyone calling her dumb or stupid. And my being shocked that someone's mom came on TO scold does not equate to my thinking anyone NEEDING scolding. As an adult, I would be mortified if my mother did this to me.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • OK, so now I see why she stopped trying to defend herself. There is no use. Have a great day ladies.
  • Is this real life?

@ROROWES you are your daughter's only hope. IMHO your time would be better spent helping your daughter realize why this is a rude plan and what her options are to be polite to guests and still have peace of mind. Everyone here is going to stand by what they said about this being a very rude idea. She should be happy that everyone helped her avoid a huge faux pas. Since you're obviously this involved in her personal life please parent her into seeing that. TIA.
    *********************************************************************************

• Please point out the comments where we called your daughter dumb or stupid?
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • ROROWES said:
    OK, so now I see why she stopped trying to defend herself. There is no use. Have a great day ladies.
    Like mother, like daughter.
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • Mine, too, Zobird. I'm having kind of a shitty day, and this has turned it right around.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Makes my grateful that my mom isn't BSC.  
    Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • I'm gonna call my mom and tell her how awesome she is.
  • Mommy is not effective. Will your fiance come visit us next?
    imageimageimage

• Holy shit...this is the very definition of helicopter parenting.  I wonder what else her mommy does for her....
  • rajahmdrajahmd member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited August 2013
  • I don't want to live in this world anymore...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I am so glad my mom doesn't hold my hand while I surf the internet.
  • RamonaFlowersRamonaFlowers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited July 2013
    I can't fathom ever running to my mom to tell her what anyone said to me on the internet.

Unless, like, somebody was telling me that I was the funniest person on the Internet and that they wanted to make me famous for simply being awesome. She has 4 other kids and 2 grandchildren besides me, I need something to compete with!

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• edited July 2013
    ROROWES said:

PDKH said:

ROROWES said:

AddieL73 said:

Actually, I'd not undermine my child by 'stepping in'.You are conveying the message to your daughter that she is stupid and incompetant far more effectively than an internet forum ever could. A parent who believes in their child's intelligence and competance doesn't take situations away from their control to 'fix it'.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• How many generations of controlling are we witnessing here? More importantly...

Anniversary

• Oh vey. I don't remember anyone calling OP stupid or dumb, rather the idea of insisting your guests book a hotel to avoid being late is RUDE. It insults your guests because it implys they are incapable of managing their time, and is an incredibly disrespectful thing to request. If OP or momma bear are still lurking I hope they don't do that. And momma bear, I reread the post, and there is NO WAY a reasonable person would think she was simply asking for wording on a standard hotel block.
  • True story. My cousin (BY HER OWN CHOICE) rented a hotel room so she have fun at wedding and relax. She got there way early, and took a nap, therefore accidentally falling asleep and missing entire ceremony.

So trust me, hotel rooms won't change a thing! LMAO

• HAHAH this is the funniest thread I've read in a while. I should get a hotel room next to my office.... LEARN TO CHECK TRAFFIC REPORTS, WOMAN! welcome to 2013.
  • OMG and i posted that BEFORE mom jumped in! Holy shiz. No wonder why OP thinks it's not crazy at all to request people who don't need hotel rooms to book them anyway. Mom, do your daughter a favor and tell her to grow up, that Santa doesn't exists, and the world does not revolve around her. Her idea was selfish, it would reflect VERY poorly on both of you, and that was communicated to her. She will be a laughing stock of your guests if she is so myoptic that she believes her request is even remotely OK. Don't kill the messengers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards