Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Issue booking VIM honeymoon package?

Hi ladies! I booked a honeymoon at the Valentin Imperial Maya, but we are having issues adding the Valentin Forever honeymoon package. They sent forms that needed to be filled out and EMAILED back, in addition to requesting scanned copies of the front and back of my credit card, and ID. I wasn't comfortable with that, but did it anyway. Then they emailed back saying the credit card form needed to be physically signed (not an electronic signature) and emailed back, which I did. THEN they emailed back saying the signature on my ID doesn't match closely enough to the signature on my credit card form, so they can't charge my card.

Has anyone else had these issues? I guess I should be grateful they're so strict for security purposes, but it doesn't feel secure to be sending all this info several times through email. Was anyone able to book this package and pay upon arrival? Thanks for the help ladies!

Re: Issue booking VIM honeymoon package?

• Options
    have you asked them what your options are? if you booked through a TA they can help you out. did you?

• Options
    I wouldn't feel comfortable sending my CC that way. When we booked our HM there was a complimentary HM package. They just asked that we bring an invitation to verify that we were in fact on our HM
  • Options
    We didn't book the honeymoon package, so we didn't have these issues. Have you checked out the VIM facebook page for help? There are a lot of frequent travellers on there who might know more. At the very least, they know the best person to email at the resort. 

Perhaps you can wait until you get there to book the honeymoon package?
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions!  We booked through cheapcaribbean.com, and as far as I know the honeymoon package has to be booked through them.  When I asked about paying upon arrival, I was told we COULD do that, but our upgrade wouldn't be valid until our second night.  :-/  I'll check the facebook page, though.  Thanks for the help, ladies!
  • Options
    UPDATE: I was told I could pay upon arrival, but then our upgrade wouldn't be valid until the second night.  I sucked it up and resent the sheet with the cc info, and I'll just keep a close eye on our account.  Thanks for the help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards