Moms and Maids

tattoos

2»

Re: tattoos

• sthorne91 said:
    I don't think it's unreasonable to ask someone to cover up their tattoos for your wedding. If you or your family is more conservative, they should honor it for your wedding. It's only one day, and they won't have the pictures the rest of their lives-you will. I'm tatted and I wouldn't be offended if I were asked to cover up mine.
    I don't think it has anything to do with "if you love that person, you won't ask them to do that". You don't know what background people have. Some family members may be really offended by tattoos since it may go against their religion or culture. You don't want to remember your wedding day as "The day my family decided they hated so and so for having a sleeve!".
    Wut.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sthorne91 said:
    I don't think it's unreasonable to ask someone to cover up their tattoos for your wedding. If you or your family is more conservative, they should honor it for your wedding. It's only one day, and they won't have the pictures the rest of their lives-you will. I'm tatted and I wouldn't be offended if I were asked to cover up mine.
    I don't think it has anything to do with "if you love that person, you won't ask them to do that". You don't know what background people have. Some family members may be really offended by tattoos since it may go against their religion or culture. You don't want to remember your wedding day as "The day my family decided they hated so and so for having a sleeve!".
    If I had a family who would hate people for their tattoos, those family members would never be invited to my wedding.  I detest people like that.
  • kmmssg said:
    sthorne91 said:
    If I had a family who would hate people for their tattoos, those family members would never be invited to my wedding.  I detest people like that.

Exactly!    The only exception to the "cover up" rule, in my opinion, is if you are having the wedding in a church and they require covered shoulders, or something like that.  But, once the ceremony is over, you have no business asking anyone to cover up a part of their body that isn't againt the law to be uncovered.

Anyone with issues with who my friends or family members are, can keep their asses at home.

• Some family members may be really offended by tattoos since it may go against their religion or culture

How about your friend with the tats being really offended by having someone else's religion and culture enforced onto THEIR bodies????

Your right to your beliefs ends at other people's skin.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE, I THINK WE HAVE A POINT HERE EVERYONE!!!!!
    I do agree with most people on here who have said "you were aware she had the tattoos a long time ago, you should have dealt with this before you only had mere weeks to take care of the situation. I think you can go to any seamstress you find and ask them to make you a gray shall for EACH of your bridesmaids, its not fair to single her out more than you already have. Did you just completely forget about her tattoos until recently when you realized that shes not wearing a wet suit to cover all of her tattoos up? I really hope this problem was resolved without upsetting anyone or hurting anyone's feelings. I am actually getting dresses that dont cover any of my BM or MOH tattoos, because i have my own, so im not one to judge those who do OR do not have them. Thats my people, i wouldnt want them any other way.
  • If you want her to cover up her tattoos you should pay for the airbrushing.
    Just remember tho that years from now your sister will still have those tattoos and she is in your memory with them so why not have them in photos. Your fiance should except your sister for who she it.
    But I get wanting the nice photos as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • pixie3208 said:
    If you want her to cover up her tattoos you should pay for the airbrushing.
    Just remember tho that years from now your sister will still have those tattoos and she is in your memory with them so why not have them in photos. Your fiance should except your sister for who she it.
    But I get wanting the nice photos as well.
    How are this woman's tattoos going to prevent her from having nice photos?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • emdotrockemdotrock member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    @snippet17 Im pretty much in love with your penguins. I will keep this page open in the back ground so i can look at them through out my work day. Thank you. ALSO, Im pretty sure this wedding is already over. Yes there are some pretty good ideas on here though for future brides to take advice from.
  • @snippet17 @carolinaheart
    "But I get wanting the nice photos as well."
    This was supposed to be sarcasm but year I totally didnt write it that way ha. My bridesmaids are tatted up. We all have piercings and tattoos. I wont be asking any of them to cover up their work since that is how that look and I think they are beautiful
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Requiring your WP to cover up tattoos amounts to a very helpful PSA to your nearest and dearest that you're an asshole.

Anniversary

• doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsuhuLg-p2I  Make-up.   That, or just deal with it.

• David's Bridle has a tattoo cover up kit. So does Dillard's and other places. My experience is that they are like make-up. If she would like this option it's $40 to $100 depending on where you perchance. You could offer to pay for the kit if she found one she likes or split the cost with her.
  • Honestly, my girlfriend just got married in June. She has a large tattoo between her shoulder blades and it actually looked nice in all of her photos. Some of her BM's had tattoo on arms and no one covered them up. It's a matter of preference, but you knew about it before hand. And if you want them covered and she can't afford to get them airbrushed then IMO either you should foot the bill or let them go.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards