Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

diy Til Death

Need help We are doing the theme Til Death in black and fuschia... We are doing it as skulls and roses but everyone is thinking halloween stuff...Its hard also to find what we are doing our stuff in so plz let me know some pages i can go to also.... and thank you

Re: diy Til Death

• Options
    Honestly, I would think Halloween or funeral too with this theme too. Themed weddings can get kitschy really quickly.

What are you envisioning here?

• Options
    mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    This SOUNDS like a Halloween party and not a wedding...I would re-think this theme.
  • Options
    Do you mean Día de Muertos?
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Options
    Sounds more like Dia de los Muertos to me, but the colors for Dia de los Muertos are a lot richer than black and fuschia.

• Options
    Are you looking for like a pinterest page full of death wedding ideas? Because although the Internet is vast I haven't seen one. Because this is a terrible terrible idea. I would walk out.
  • Options
    GypsyWife_GypsyWife_ member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    I used dia de los muertos for a until death do we part wedding theme. Because we wanted to incorparte the low rider , Mexican gangster and skull theme. I don't know how to make that theme without Mexican culture in it. But you can always checkout offbeatbrides.com maybe you're looking for an elegant gothic feel and they have plenty of that on there.
  • Options
    While I agree with PPs that this isn't a good idea, I know that's not what you asked so I'll give you my best answer.  The only thing I can think of that would involve this type of decor and be even a little teeny tiny bit romantic would be nightmare before christmas- i.e. jack and his bride, etc.  
  • Options
    I used dia de los muertos for a until death do we part wedding theme. Because we wanted to incorparte the low rider , Mexican gangster and skull theme. I don't know how to make that theme without Mexican culture in it. But you can always checkout offbeatbrides.com maybe you're looking for an elegant go this feel and they have plenty of that on there.

?????

Are you real?

• Options
    What? Yes you're welcome to see my pinterest board.
  • Options
    @gypsybride please please post a link!
  • Options
    It represent us as a couple, our family, and friends.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Gypsy, aren't you not having a wedding?

ETA: @GypsyBridetobe

Anniversary

• Options
    Yes im having a wedding. No those aren't gypsies. My ethnicity is Mexican my husband ethnicity is gypsy. I joined the community and culture when I chose my SO. My wedding is for my family and the only gypsies in attendance will be my in laws.
  • Options

I thought she was already "married" via gypsy culture and wants to have an actual. legally valid wedding now.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options

I thought she was already "married" via gypsy culture and wants to have an actual. legally valid wedding now.
    I think they are already considered married by their culture but they want to have a gypsy wedding with no legal standing. I remember there was a whole debate about whether the "piece of paper" was important or not.

Anniversary

• Options
    Yes I'm considered married but never had any kind of proposal ceremony or party.
  • Options
    The piece of paper is important but we won't have one. Ever.
  • Options
    What are your so's thoughts on the term gypsy? I know many Romani find it derogatory/pejorative so I'm curious
  • Options
    The piece of paper is important but we won't have one. Ever.
    Can you please explain this? I genuinely curious. 
  • Options
    He has it tattooed on his arm. His dad gets a little mad when its said in a negative way and you're not of his culture. I guess its like if you called me A Mexican. I'd have to say I'm a latina or Hispanic. ? You use it as you would any other race. It depends on who takes offense and who doesn't.
  • Options
    we call each other Roma but I've never heard it said in English.
  • Options
    Its pronounced go-ma.
  • Options
    No its our style . Its our scene. Like what we do is go to car shows a lot 8 of my family members are in a car club we have had many low riders,. and yes were Mexican and have sugar skull tattoos and like Hispanic art. Most of which is inspired by diA de los muertos. We also like religious art . I have an at home altar on my fire place.
  • Options
    The Day of the Dead is said to be a good day. But some consider it a very bad day.

That being said, some friend of my sisters got married on that day, with that theme, so that "departed family members could be there to celebrate with them"...this is NOT one of her friends I care to keep up with lol.

Wasn't there a Dia de Los Muertas bride on WWIIA, with David Tuttera once? And there was also another bride with a mini truck theme...thank god he stepped in, bc I'm scared to have seen the DIY result of those 2 brides o.O
  • Options
    Harry87 said:

It represent us as a couple, our family, and friends.

Because you're all going to die?

Lolol...Gypsy I'm curious. I thought gypsies generally banded together when it came to marrying an outsider? I'm guessing that's why only your in laws will be there? Idk maybe I've watched too much MBFAGW. Bc those girls/guys will crash anything they think they're being banned from that has to so with their blood/family.
  • Options
    I think the art of Dia de Los Muertos is stunning and gorgeous, but I can never be okay with it as a wedding "theme". It's a day for remembering and honoring the dead, and the artwork and sugar skulls have no place at a wedding, especially if someone is simply doing it to be gothy and badass.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards